How to Avoid Double XP Three-day "Weekends"?

Lunatic_Asylum

Hello!

I have complained in the past on not being able to switch off Rest XP. Now, a second question. How do I avoid double XP weekends? All my characters are low-level, and I want them progress normally rather than skyrocket and get bored.

Please assist! I wish to play during weekends too. If I cannot disable it, can I get my subscriber double XP weekend time reimbursed (I shall not even try to log in during those "helpful" events)?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I have complained in the past on not being able to switch off Rest XP. Now, a second question. How do I avoid double XP weekends? All my characters are low-level, and I want them progress normally rather than skyrocket and get bored.

Please assist! I wish to play during weekends too. If I cannot disable it, can I get my subscriber double XP weekend time reimbursed (I shall not even try to log in during those "helpful" events)?

Alternative 1: Dont play.

Alternative 2: Only play your main story quests and ignore the sidequests and planetary quests since those are the same for each character in that faction anyway so you can skip them with one and still do them with another and not miss anything.

Alternative 3: Stop worrying and just play. You wont skyrocket past anything unless you concentrate on only one character and do all quests/sidequests/planetquests/heroics and play 10 hours each day on the weekends...

EDIT: and also, you can "switch off" rest xp by simply not logging out in a cantina/fleet main area/your ship... so basically just about everywhere in the game...

On a side note, rested xp wont work when you are playing during the double xp weekend... so i guess thats something...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Alternative 2: Only play your main story quests and ignore the sidequests and planetary quests since those are the same for each character in that faction anyway so you can skip them with one and still do them with another and not miss anything.

Alternative 3: Stop worrying and just play. You wont skyrocket past anything unless you concentrate on only one character and do all quests/sidequests/planetquests/heroics and play 10 hours each day on the weekends...

EDIT: and also, you can "switch off" rest xp by simply not logging out in a cantina/fleet main area/your ship... so basically just about everywhere in the game...

On a side note, rested xp wont work when you are playing during the double xp weekend... so i guess thats something...

You're mostly right. You will still end up getting rested XP even if you log out somewhere other than you ship/cantina/rest area. It just won't accumulate as quickly as in a rest area.

OP, as has been suggested you can limit which portions of the content you hit, create an throw away salt to play around with to limit the time spent on your retained toons, or just not play.curious though, why would you think you would be reimbursed for something attached with this?

Edit: Stupid phone autocorrect. I think.I'm going to leave the auto correct mistakes in just for the sake of chuckles.

Edited by Hyfy

Hello!

The epitome of first world problems. Seriously.

Just roll an alt or go play a different game this weekend. For God sakes man, who cares.

LOL I like the first option. The exciting gift of double-xp is so awesome! You can avoid it only if you don't play the game! THANKS BIOWARE! :rolleyes:

Run the all content in the lowest level gear possible and only upgrade when you feel a faceroll coming on. Easy peasy. And you will make tons of creds and lots of comms too.

As for getting reimbursed for the weekend? LOL! Yea.. let us know how that goes.

Edited by Rafaman

This is the most ridiculous complaint I have seen on these forums...and that is saying something.

Oh I don't know, it's somewhat legitimate. Take for example, PVPers who are trying to farm up medpacs and cap comms before hitting the brick wall that is the 50's bracket. It takes a few levels worth of PVP to reach cap...

Hello!

You can't avoid DXP unless you don't play. However to avoid Rest XP, unsub. Preferred doesn't get it I believe.

Guys, I paid for the days... I am forced to skip them by Bioware. There is some incongruity in that idea.

First off I'm betting you are more than likely wanting to stay low level to keep from moving up in the PvP brackets or something. Second, out leveling an area doesn't diminish the game. You can still play through the quests and stories behind each quest... You will just have an easier time fighting NPC's is all. Its not like you get kicked off a planet once you reach a certain level.

In all honesty, this is once of the saddest posts I have seen

Im pasting this from the other thread about this:

Honestly tho, i dont understand the reasoning behind all of you (well both of you, so far ive only heard two people complain) whining about this.

You say you dont want to miss any bit of story or any mission, so youve been trying hard to not outlevel any content while still doing all the flashpoints, sidequests, heroics and planetary quests.

Thats pretty impossible to do without starting to outlevel after the first 2 planets.

And you say you will find it boring if you DO outlevel it?

Sooooo.... you want to play all the sidequests and planet quests and such because you want to "experience" them... but that implies that you dont care about the rewards (ie. xp)... so why would you care if you outlevel them a little?

You will never go 10 levels above them, you will at most be 2-3 levels above... if you want to make it hard, just play without a companion and it will still be a bit of a challenge (well, as much of a challenge as it would if you were the right level and had a companion).

This has made me ponder the idea of leveling more toons, even though I told myself I would stop at 12. I can appreciate those who don't want to speed the process though and other games do have the option to disable experience gains. I wouldn't think that offering the option would be a huge programming task and it would make accommodate all players. The dreadful thought is the more 50s you have the more you have to lvl to 55 and gear them up. I already can only actively play a few....what do you do with all these besides have them craft while your playing your regulars? Does anyone actual have the time to do flashpoints, weeklies, and ops for more than 2 to 4 toons? Edited by Drew_Braxton

You will still end up getting rested XP even if you log out somewhere other than you ship/cantina/rest area.

No, no you don't. None of the Characters that I have logged out outside of the Ship/Cantina/Rest Area do not get Rested XP. At least I do not remember them getting any Rested XP when not in those Specific Areas

No, no you don't. None of the Characters that I have logged out outside of the Ship/Cantina/Rest Area do not get Rested XP. At least I do not remember them getting any Rested XP when not in those Specific Areas

Yes yes you do. It just accumulatrs slower than if you were in a cantina/ship/etc. I've logged out on toons that had no tested XP left in the middle of nowhere and when I logged in the next time I had some accumulated, not much mind you but there was some.

Edited by Hyfy

You are right. But not during Double XP weekends. You rested xp will not stack on top of your bonus xp for playing during these special weekends. However, you can stack Xp boosts and legacy boosts on top of the double xp. So... according to those who have done the math, it is a 310% boost!