Double XP Weekend Challenge: 1-50 in 24 Hours

Heezdedjim

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to ilum and farming the gree pylon heroic mission. They just keep spawning and you get about 5 levels an hour.

Yup, go to illum and say; "LF XP Group".

On my server last 2 night's there has been full ops groups farming every single instance and every single pylon in each instance. Bolster makes you kill these high level elites and champions at about the same speed as a group of 4 in BiS gear, so it goes pretty fast. And yeah, about a level every 20 mins. Or less.

I'm curious what the most efficient solo route is.

Clearly doing story missions + a few others from the world is the best route for solo. So far, it looks like just staying one or two levels above your mission level is the best way.

Yup, go to illum and say; "LF XP Group".

On my server last 2 night's there has been full ops groups farming every single instance and every single pylon in each instance. Bolster makes you kill these high level elites and champions at about the same speed as a group of 4 in BiS gear, so it goes pretty fast. And yeah, about a level every 20 mins. Or less.

I'm only getting 4k experience for each guardian at level 31, am I doing something wrong?

I'm only getting 4k experience for each guardian at level 31, am I doing something wrong?

Except you are farming 3 of them so that is 12k exp a minute (The XP goes up as you level), on top of randomly spawning guardians which give double that.

I'm sorry but about 14k xp a minute at your level, is amazing. You're doing it right. Stop being impatient.

Edited by Megatfz

Class quests only works out pretty well if you have the legacy perk maxed. With stims and double XP, it adds up to 280%; so nearly triple XP really from the class quest rewards.

I have maxed out crafters to make all my mods, so I upgrade all gear every 4 levels (every two levels it would take longer to make the stuff than you would spend wearing it).

With the presence boost from four 50s + the human species one, blue presence stims, and with the right companion, you can do stuff that is +4 levels above you (+5 you are at too much of an accuracy / armor deficit to the mobs and it starts to either be impossible to kill anything or takes longer than just doing stuff one level lower). It helps to be tank specced with a DPS companion for this (JK + Kira just rips through stuff with all that presence).

All that XP from red mobs and quests adds up really quick.

Edited by Heezdedjim

Clearly doing story missions + a few others from the world is the best route for solo. So far, it looks like just staying one or two levels above your mission level is the best way.

Yeah im curious as well.

I stream on Twitch so am considering doing this on the April Weekend (Book time off work/Set up for it etc).

Im not sure how quick i can lvl 1-50 on mainly Class Quests though.

Or whether it really would be easier to just port away and head to Ilum. (I'd much rather work through the story, more interesting to watch on Twitch than grinding something for 24 hours straight.)

Im sure Running Class quests/PvP/XP Flashpoints should be able to get you to 50 in under 24 hours...

Im sure Running Class quests/PvP/XP Flashpoints should be able to get you to 50 in under 24 hours...

Grinding FPs with a dedicated group of four should yield the lowest possible /played and clock times, as long as everyone stays exactly the same level and has all perks and stims applied. You can keep moving up running yellow and orange instances always to max the XP gain, and you waste zero time on travel and wandering around hunting mobs. And I believe that the FP perk now applies to all mobs you kill in FPs, not just bosses.

THIS is not a challange, i got one to 50 in less then 24 hours, thanks to the Gree Power leveling groups. I don't know if you guys were not on all weekend or didn't know it was going on, but many and i mean MANY people made fresh characters and got them to 50 in that same day.

Probably going against the grain here but personally I think this double xp weekend thing is a bad idea. I for one would have liked an option to turn it off, if you enjoy leveling toons for the conent then you end up missing a lot of it because you're too high level for it.

Defies belief tbh and I think BW made a mistake.

THIS is not a challange, i got one to 50 in less then 24 hours, thanks to the Gree Power leveling groups. I don't know if you guys were not on all weekend or didn't know it was going on, but many and i mean MANY people made fresh characters and got them to 50 in that same day.

I heard about it after the weekend started. I did not do it. The challenge (for future weekends) will be to do it through any means other than Ilum XP farming.

Probably going against the grain here but personally I think this double xp weekend thing is a bad idea. I for one would have liked an option to turn it off, if you enjoy leveling toons for the conent then you end up missing a lot of it because you're too high level for it.

You can always see the content even if you are 20 levels ahead (which you won't be). I leveled a toon this weekend and consistently over leveled content by about 2 to 3 levels. That's hardly game breaking.

If you really think this is a bad idea, log off and do something else for a few days.

How? I got to level 50 and I am going through all my class quests now without the tediousness of side missions.

What I found that was fast lvling is Space Missions

With Legacy perks the single missions 1st time gave me 30kish XP and the Daily 40-45k so thats 90k~ for 20min work

That, and make sure you have your area Legacy perk. Discovering earns you a quick 4-6k per discovered area and 6-8k for codex entries (this is Alderaan and beyond, not sure what the amounts are before Alderaan)

• 2 weeks later...
People have done it in as little as 54 hours /played already. Can it be done in a day with Double XP?

Lets find out.

An official finish is 1 to 50 in no more than 24 hours /played. Double points for finishing in 24 hours or less actual elapsed wall clock time. Special Mention for the lowest /played and lowest elapsed wall clock times. Best in Show goes to the lowest combined total of wall clock time and /played.

And for those who never sleep at all . . .

Megaball Jackpot: 8 Characters in 8 Days.

This can be either one of each base class in both factions, or one of each advanced class for the same faction. Toons must each be no higher than level 1 at the start of the first bonus weekend, and must reach 50 by the end of the last bonus weekend.

Official finish on the Megaball Jackpot means eight toons from 1 to 50 with a grand total /played time no more than 192 hours. You can go over 24 hours on some if you make it up on the others. No clock time bonus for this one, since it's impossible to do it in a straight sitting anyway, on account of bonuses only running on weekends.

I don't mind a challenge but this would just be painful. Push forward all you masochists out there, good luck!

Someone posted elsewhere about making it in 31 hours, I believe. It doesn't appear that anyone yet has finished a toon from 1-50 in under 24 hours (/played or wall clock).

I managed to get my Guardian from 16 to 50, but it took three weekends of intermittent playing, doing class quests and the occasional planet quests just to keep myself at -4 levels to whatever class mission I was attempting. Completed Chapter 3 at level 47, and then did a run of the Belsavis solo dailies and a couple on Ilum to get 50 (Ilum dailies give 63K XP each with the weekend bonus and a major XP stim).

Edited by Heezdedjim