Erked.

Levity

Bioware is already getting bad publicity and complaints around other game forums for this. It's so bad, people are even singing the praises of SOE and their cash shop policies.

It's ridiculous.

Now that's something...EA coming up with a slimier marketing ploy than Smed. He must be furious it wasn't his idea :p

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I agree it's wrong that they haven't added any schematics for so long, there are new schematics with 2.0 that you can buy from the Trainer and I assume there are more to be found from Slicing missions (?)

We know that there will be new Green gear (reverse engineer-able to obtain Blue and Purple) available via Crafting Trainers. There has been no mention of any new schematics for Modifiable gear being added to Investigation, Treasure Hunting or Underworld Trading, where all Modifiable armor and weapon schematics are found. Do not assume there will be. You will most likely be disappointed.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

We know that there will be new Green gear (reverse engineer-able to obtain Blue and Purple) available via Crafting Trainers. There has been no mention of any new schematics for Modifiable gear being added to Investigation, Treasure Hunting or Underworld Trading, where all Modifiable armor schematics are found. Do not assume there will be. You will most likely be disappointed.

It's a guess, but it's an educated guess seeing as how they are also adding Orange gear to the trainers you mentioned

Ah!!! So you are equate opening a pack of cards to doing something like a daily mission? Yeah..I can see how they're almost the same thing....:confused: lol

I have no problem with the CM, but this whole Rep thing is far beyond selling cosmetics...I understand some form of in-game recognition, but not like this...this is rewarding a select group of individuals over others with in-game exclusives...and that's wrong on many levels. BRILLIANT marketing strategy...but it negatively impacts the game imo.

I don't get it.

If you see a character in the game with the title or the silly gold hat or whatever it is, wouldn't your reaction be, "There goes a guy who thought spending $800 or the equivalent in credits on that hat was a smart move! LOL!"

Ah!!! So you are equate opening a pack of cards to doing something like a daily mission? Yeah..I can see how they're almost the same thing....:confused: lol

I have no problem with the CM, but this whole Rep thing is far beyond selling cosmetics...I understand some form of in-game recognition, but not like this...this is rewarding a select group of individuals over others with in-game exclusives...and that's wrong on many levels. BRILLIANT marketing strategy...but it negatively impacts the game imo.

So, you're good with some form of in-game recognition for people who spend on the CM? What, exactly, should that be? Whatever it is, there will always be someone sitting there complaining that they don't have it. A silly rep or title is about as good as it gets for this. Not to mention that you don't really have to spend any cash to get it. You know, if you don't want to.

The fact is, no matter what is done, there will be complainers. I believe this system to work well for its intended purpose. If someone doesn't agree with me, fine. But that still doesn't mean they should change it.

We know that there will be new Green gear (reverse engineer-able to obtain Blue and Purple) available via Crafting Trainers. There has been no mention of any new schematics for Modifiable gear being added to Investigation, Treasure Hunting or Underworld Trading, where all Modifiable armor schematics are found. Do not assume there will be. You will most likely be disappointed.

Well I looked on dulfy.net and according to that the synthweaver trainer is selling orange sets but no green, whilst the armormech gets nothing. No re-engineering that I can see between 51-55 unless it's for mods. :confused:

That was not out of context. It was just omitting the "certain things" portion because that info was covered by another line further down. Did you even read the following lines, Mr. whitey knighty?

And I already did. 153 days left. :p

Are you going back to that other sci-fi game or finding greener pastures elsewhere?

It's a guess, but it's an educated guess seeing as how they are also adding Orange gear to the trainers you mentioned

Since when are they adding Orange gear to Crafting Trainers? I have neither read nor seen anything about such an addition.

:confused:

So, you're good with some form of in-game recognition for people who spend on the CM? What, exactly, should that be? Whatever it is, there will always be someone sitting there complaining that they don't have it. A silly rep or title is about as good as it gets for this. Not to mention that you don't really have to spend any cash to get it. You know, if you don't want to.

The fact is, no matter what is done, there will be complainers. I believe this system to work well for its intended purpose. If someone doesn't agree with me, fine. But that still doesn't mean they should change it.

Except it isn't really it's recognition for buying packs only, someone can spend many cartel coins without buying packs.

Since when are they adding Orange gear to Crafting Trainers? I have neither read nor seen anything about such an addition.

:confused:

0:42

I'm not even sure they're adding them to the crafting trainers. For all we know, those might be coming from running Underworld Trading/Slicing missions like the old orange gear used to and it's just on the PTS that's available from the trainers.

Edited by TheNahash

Except it isn't really it's recognition for buying packs only, someone can spend many cartel coins without buying packs.

That really doesn't change the question. The question is about the recognition for "the thing" that they are recognizing people for.

Are you going back to that other sci-fi game or finding greener pastures elsewhere?

Probably shouldn't say anything about other games. It would probably get this thread locked and it needs to remain so that the devs can gauge how bad of a decision this CM Rep really is.

I am still playing SWTOR. It's still a fun game. I'm only leaving because the devs are treating us the long time fans, subscribers and CE owners like second class citizens next to the fly by night moneybags that are feeding their gambling addiction by purchasing pack after pack after pack.

I am looking at a few greener pastures however. One in particular that might just be the first Theme Park / Sandbox hybrid looks very interesting.

I know these clarifications will certainly not alleviate all of your frustrations. I want to note that the design philosophy behind this Reputation was to specifically thank the players who purchase the best-selling items on the Cartel Market, the packs.

I'm pretty sure that's a bald-face lie but regardless, it makes no sense. You are offering goods in exchange for money. It's a transaction. When I go to the grocery store and buy an apple they don't tell me that they're going to "thank" me by no longer selling apples unless I buy 300 oranges and hope some of them have golden tickets inside that will give me access to the secret apple store. They just sell me a darned apple or, worst case, apples aren't in season and they simply don't sell them.

In this metaphor all you're doing is massively increasing the price of apples and putting a maze in the way in the hopes that no one will notice what you did.

This is seriously disgusting. Greed incarnate.

Edited by Telanis

I was thinking a title or something similar, not items...but while thinking about that, the sad truth is, they've been doing stuff like this since the game launched with the Security Key vendors and the VIP area...special treatment and items for certain people. I guess that makes this the next logical step...

Don't misread my disgust with this the wrong way. I will have no problem not spending anything on the CM, nor do I feel compelled to finish all of my little boxes for Rep...but some people do have a problem with that...which makes the complaints valid imo.

I'm fine with a "title" or something of the sort...but exclusive items shouldn't have been part of it...ANY of it.

Edited by TUXs

Well I looked on dulfy.net and according to that the synthweaver trainer is selling orange sets but no green, whilst the armormech gets nothing. No re-engineering that I can see between 51-55 unless it's for mods. :confused:

I could've sworn I saw orange sets for all professions on there - they only had the pictures of the synthweaving sets though.

EDIT: Only armorings - dang. I both understand and am irked by that.

0:42

I'm not even sure they're adding them to the crafting trainers. For all we know, those might be coming from running Underworld Trading/Slicing missions like the old orange gear used to and it's just on the PTS that's available from the trainers.

Thanks. That is nice. At least Synthweavers finally get something new. Too bad it's all level 50+ gear though.

What about Armormech and Armstechs? What about Artifice? What about Cybertech?

Just green stuff to fill the gap?

I was thinking a title or something similar, not items...but while thinking about that, the sad truth is, they've been doing stuff like this since the game launched with the Security Key vendors and the VIP area...special treatment and items for certain people. I guess that makes this the next logical step...

Don't misread my disgust with this the wrong way. I will have no problem not spending anything on the CM, nor do I feel compelled to finish all of my little boxes for Rep...but some people do have a problem with that...which makes the complaints valid imo.

I'm fine with a "title" or something of the sort...but exclusive items shouldn't have been part of it...ANY of it.

I just wanted to know what you thought would be a fair reward. Title is very similar to rep, because you get titles for progressing on rep. I hope that made sense.

Anyway, since you brought up the security vendor, here's another way to think of these things. They reward you with exclusive items for using the security key because it keeps the game more secure.

They reward you for buying tons of cartel packs because it keeps the game profitable.

Either way, you are helping them reach their goals and you get a big thank you for it.

Exactly. The ViP speeder can be sold, for example. Titles are the perfect way to recognize PTS testers, founders, etc. and obviously are already used that way. And in fact Cartel Packs already have titles in them. They should have made those BoP or something rather than gone this horrible route.

I just wanted to know what you thought would be a fair reward. Title is very similar to rep, because you get titles for progressing on rep. I hope that made sense.

Anyway, since you brought up the security vendor, here's another way to think of these things. They reward you with exclusive items for using the security key because it keeps the game more secure.

They reward you for buying tons of cartel packs because it keeps the game profitable.

Either way, you are helping them reach their goals and you get a big thank you for it.

There's a massive difference in degree here though. Extra fleet passes are a nice thankyou for taking a small step to make the game more secure. A gold helmet is not a thankyou for spending hundreds of dollars, it's a massive ripoff! Cartel items are already relatively expensive an this appears to increase the price by multiple orders of magnitude.

When they reward Olympiads with medals do they charge them for it? Do they break it into a thousand pieces and charge them for each individual piece and then when they complete it they finally get the full medal? No.

This is NOT a reward! This is NOT a thank you!

This is a pat on our back encouraging us to bend over a little further.

Edited by Blackavaar

There's a massive difference in degree here though. Extra fleet passes are a nice thankyou for taking a small step to make the game more secure. A gold helmet is not a thankyou for spending hundreds of dollars, it's a massive ripoff! Cartel items are already relatively expensive an this appears to increase the price by multiple orders of magnitude.

Yes, it does. Not worth it to me, but I have no issue with someone else sinking their money into it.

But the only thing is that with that security vendor or even the collector's vendor..you only made a ONE TIME purchase.And don't forget you can enter the vip area by buying an ingame item.

When they reward Olympiads with medals do they charge them for it? Do they break it into a thousand pieces and charge them for each individual piece and then when they complete it they finally get the full medal? No.

This is NOT a reward! This is NOT a thank you!

This is a pat on our back encouraging us to bend over a little further.

If that is your opinion, don't support it. This does not affect you. :eek: