Companions and OWPVP.

Xerain

No. I want to have my ace in the hole with Heroic Moment+Legacy powers. Legacy sticky=>Choke=>Sweep=>Project cause hilarity to ensue. Had bads literally running away in terror when they tried to gank my alt 3 on 1 and were repelled by unknown and mystical powers.

Can we get a companion disable or something in OWPVP. Like any time a player attacks another player and they have companions out it does like you were fighting a world boss? It would make OWPVP bigger and better for those who actually like to do this and BW you won't have to take away or give us more OWPVP content.

Anyone else up for this?

Agreed.

Then give me the pets in warzones.

Playing by the same set of rules everywhere is boring. But you do have a point. Rather than some *certain individuals* that crop up in warzones from time to time, I'd have an NPC that at least does what it's told.

Having said that, would love to try out HK-51. However, I haven't done the quest yet on my PvP server

Playing by the same set of rules everywhere is boring. But you do have a point. Rather than some *certain individuals* that crop up in warzones from time to time, I'd have an NPC that at least does what it's told.

Having said that, would love to try out HK-51. However, I haven't done the quest yet on my PvP server

My assassin has a full pvp gear and it doesn't matter what companion the other person has out I have yet to lose a 1v1 in owpvp. He'll hit for 3k+ on players it's pretty stupid.

My assassin has a full pvp gear and it doesn't matter what companion the other person has out I have yet to lose a 1v1 in owpvp. He'll hit for 3k+ on players it's pretty stupid.

If that doesn't matter to you, then why complain in the first place?

I do agree that we need more, proper OWPVP content, though. Ilum was fun when it wasn't overcrowded.

Edited by Helig

If that doesn't matter to you, then why complain in the first place?

I do agree that we need more, proper OWPVP content, though. Ilum was fun when it wasn't overcrowded.

Because it will open up more owpvp period. Don't need areas to owpvp we should be able to go out and make it without a problem.

Because it will open up more owpvp period. Don't need areas to owpvp we should be able to go out and make it without a problem.

So.......... how are companions a problem again? And how will the elimination of companions in world PvP (assuming they're desummoned when you get in a fight with another player) open up world PvP and allow players to "go out and make it"?

Companions don't prevent us from making a glorious Ops group and attacking enemy outposts (which my guild does from time to time, riling the opposing faction to gather a raid of their own, most of the time).

So.......... how are companions a problem again? And how will the elimination of companions in world PvP (assuming they're desummoned when you get in a fight with another player) open up world PvP and allow players to "go out and make it"?

Companions don't prevent us from making a glorious Ops group and attacking enemy outposts (which my guild does from time to time, riling the opposing faction to gather a raid of their own, most of the time).

They cause lag, you have to gear them, they're annoying to deal with from any angle, they have a cc that doesn't affect resolve, they're meant for pve game play, even in ops groups one side will break apart into smaller groups just to pull them out, what pvp'er wants to deal with all that crap?

They cause lag, you have to gear them, they're annoying to deal with from any angle, they have a cc that doesn't affect resolve, they're meant for pve game play, even in ops groups one side will break apart into smaller groups just to pull them out, what pvp'er wants to deal with all that crap?

"They cause lag" is the only valid reason that I see here. May not be as much lag as FPS drop because of engine limitations that BW seem to "be working on" .

They don't have hard CC, only roots (channelled mez) and that's just fine.

Disagree that they're meant for PvE exclusively gameplay, otherwise part of their functionality would be absent. They are meant to compensate for one's spec/class weaknesses and/or capitalize on strengths.

We never broke our Ops groups apart because of how wonderful bloodlust is. Companions may affect smaller-scale fights, but as far as big Ops go, they're not worth it. This partly alleviates the "fps drop"/lag complaint, because it's the players causing it in larger-scale fights.

Gearing? You serious? Gearing in ToR is mercifully quick, at least the WH tier.

Edited by Helig

To be honest, I don't really think it'll open up world PvP at all.

It will certainly encourage a wave of stealth gankers, who will wait till their prey is in a fight with a couple of mobs, then launch in. That's not PvP, that's ganking, especially when you consider that, by design, people are intended to have their companions out to fight mobs. Furthermore, the sort of people who do that on a regular basis aren't the sort of people who join in with proper OWPvP. All that it would really achieve is to make doing dailies more tedious for any non-stealth class.

I think a possible solution would be to dismiss companions when you enter PvP combat, unless you are already engaged in PvE combat, in which case your companion remains until any mobs you were fighting have died. That would mean that anyone hoping to just run around stealth ganking people will have to potentially contend with Companion + Heroic moment, without their own companion handy.

It is sad that sometimes you have to account for people who get their e-peen all e-rect by being an a-hole, but it's better than wrecking the PvP experience for everyone else.

To be honest, I don't really think it'll open up world PvP at all.

It will certainly encourage a wave of stealth gankers, who will wait till their prey is in a fight with a couple of mobs, then launch in. That's not PvP, that's ganking, especially when you consider that, by design, people are intended to have their companions out to fight mobs. Furthermore, the sort of people who do that on a regular basis aren't the sort of people who join in with proper OWPvP. All that it would really achieve is to make doing dailies more tedious for any non-stealth class.

I think a possible solution would be to dismiss companions when you enter PvP combat, unless you are already engaged in PvE combat, in which case your companion remains until any mobs you were fighting have died. That would mean that anyone hoping to just run around stealth ganking people will have to potentially contend with Companion + Heroic moment, without their own companion handy.

It is sad that sometimes you have to account for people who get their e-peen all e-rect by being an a-hole, but it's better than wrecking the PvP experience for everyone else.

Or the stealthies can just gear up a ba companion and rape like they currently do.

The other night a couple of my friends and I decided to seek out some good old fashioned WPVP, with the goal of antagonizing the other faction as much as possible I was on my healer operative, and they were both on DPS assassins. Everything went relatively swimmingly on our first few stops, with us over powering individuals and groups the same size as our. There were a few hiccups when pubs temporarily banded together and spammed their companions to fight back against us, but for the most part, we reigned death down upon the republic players with impunity.

So let me get this right:

3 of you repeatedly stealthganked opposing players who were doing their pve quests, but you cry NERF! when you get stopped by 10 players with their companions...

Well, how about this: when you want "balanced" pvp (i.e more or less equal numbers, most in pvp gear, no companions,...) try a warzone.

Open world (i.e. non-instanced) pvp is unbalaced by defintion (which, I admit, is part of its charm). Just don`t cry when the balance ***** in your opponents favor. (Though I still think it is hilarious that you blame companions for your demise).

If they disable them for some purposeful designed OWPvP, then fine. As far as just when you jump someone in open world? No.

Why? If someone jumps you in the open world it means you are on a pvp server and should have better situational awereness then being "jumped". Getting attacked, ganked and sometimes finding oneself at disadvantage in the open world (Or vice versa) is what you signed up for when entering a pvp server, isn't it?

The healer dude has an extremely vaild point:

If you jumped him in the open world and his DPS companion is auto-dismissed, he's screwed.

And if Im jumped solo by an 8man EWH group, im screwed as well. What are we gonna do about that? Or is it perhaps that i would have to accept this fact since i chose to level my characters on a pvp server?

So if I get randomly jumped at by someone and I have my WH equipped comp out the other player shouldn't pay for his attempt?

Yes indeed he should pay for that attempt - by you, not by an NPC? Because again, im assuming we're all talking about pvp servers here right? Why should a player get punished by PvE methods for doing exactly what a pvp server is created for?

We're talking max level here guys not while leveling. This is the pvp boards so if you're vouching for pve crap in pvp then you should leave.

If you are attacking someone who has a companion out, chances are, at least one of you are PvEing.

Why? If someone jumps you in the open world it means you are on a pvp server and should have better situational awereness then being "jumped". Getting attacked, ganked and sometimes finding oneself at disadvantage in the open world (Or vice versa) is what you signed up for when entering a pvp server, isn't it?

I signed up for the extra chance of the PvP skirmish while in the open world for PvP. Makes it a bit more exciting, for the few spots where you might actually run into someone. I don't see how having a companion hurts that. With stealth classes around, you would be retarded if you didn't think this favors them more than anyone else and puts a healer at a huge disadvantage.

I jumped someone the other day with my scrapper. A marauder. His companion gave him maybe a second to react. Wasn't enough, but it was something and I don't see how dismissing either of our companions would have changed anything at all.

Edited by Technohic