Same gender romance: Which companion would you choose?

DarthVoi

And yet you say I just make up numbers? o.O

According to the Software Entertainment Association of America 47% of gamers are female. There is no gender breakdown by genre but a German survey found RPGs (making no distinction between MMOs or otherwise) found that it was the favoured genre of female gamers (in Germany at least). It is reasonable to claim, if hard to support, that females could make up 30-40% of the playerbase in most genres. Personally I would expect FPS to be a little lower but that is just my opinion.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Tharan Cedrax shows intrest in women in the game (one can have flirt with him, but not have an releationship as a female consular) I would love when he is actually open for both genders and would be the one for male consulars. Would also love to see how Holiday would take that relationship!

Tharan slept with my consular and then dumped her, so he can have a bit of a relationship.

According to the Software Entertainment Association of America 47% of gamers are female. There is no gender breakdown by genre but a German survey found RPGs (making no distinction between MMOs or otherwise) found that it was the favoured genre of female gamers (in Germany at least). It is reasonable to claim, if hard to support, that females could make up 30-40% of the playerbase in most genres. Personally I would expect FPS to be a little lower but that is just my opinion.

Based on that survey (the american one, not the German which I did not know of) I figured that a 30pct of FPS players being women would not be unreasonable (the study does suggest, without providing hard numbers, that the distribution by game type is more even than common wisdom holds true), and that for a game like an MMO the 40pct range would be a reasonable estimate.

So, yes, I made an educated guess about the percentages. Unlike the 75pct of the players of STWOR is white male teenagers claim to which I responded.

female/female => Kira Carsen, this little Lady got any kind of spirit and wit. :cool:

male/male => Qyzen Fess... oh, no, not possible... Zenith? Ah, not romancible, too... (yeah, female Consulars are screwed)... all right, Corso Riggs.

I think only new characters that are exclusively gay can be gay.

Having a character that could be gay means they are bisxeual if they can be romanced as a hetero from a different gender,

Also from a perspective of a hetero story knowing that a companion could be gay means that any conversation with a companion would be assumed to be gay if it is friendly. Say something nice to a companion that could be gay, maybe that is flirting.

So by making non-sexual companion into gay companions from a hetero players perspective makes any interaction possibly gay. It actually messes with a persons head. If this is meant to be a kids game, then that would be quite the mind ****.

And even being mean, could be seen as something sexual and masochist or sadistic. Something similar to the story Kaliyo.

So for the already existing companions it should not be included imo, or bump up the rating of the game. Which I am all for. Its an MMO, and imo, is not meant for kids. They have addictive personalities, and MMOs allow for that personality to take form.

And so, imo, only have exclusively SGRA if they are to be implemented for certain new characters.

That is how real life works. If you are talking to a guy and being nice and complimenting them on things then that guy might take it as flirting if they are gay.

The ESRB does not distinguish between homosexual and heterosexual relationships when determining rating. Even if they did why would they bump up the rating to mature for making SGR arcs with current companions but not new companions?:confused:

And Corso gets friend-zoned! Good thing he's too dumb to dislike you for it!

If he were my and my character's type (female) then he'd be more than a friend !

Anyway, SGR male and SGR female can be a good friendship combo :)

See topic, I know current companions cannot be same-gender romance targets, but we can always fantasize, yes? In time, who knows.

I always find my female Sith Warrior good with Jaesa, either Light or Dark works, but especially Dark side.

EDIT: Severly shortened my post

Playing only female characters there isn't an option I'd really like with the current options, even though I would be interested in the possibility of lesbian romance options in general.

• I'd want a romance with Vette for my Jedi Consular... but not for my Sith Warrior.
  • I'd want a romance with Watcher 2 for my chiss imperial Agent, but she's not a companion and there is no full blown romance with her. And even then she prefers not only men, but also humans.
  • I wouldn't hit on Kira, but Kira might be able to seduce my Jedi Knight if she tried the right way and doesn't try to force her into a male role... effectively it's more likely there wouldn't be a romance, and I am fine with that.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Quinn is dripping with sexy! To bad it's purely on the looks! Gaaaah!

Torian! I like him quite a bit and also very sexy! Sometimes I wish I hadn't made my BH with the idea of her fawning over Mako. However, glad I decided she'd still have interrest in Torian. :)

Well I haven't gotten to his betrayal yet. But yes. It's the looks. Otherwise he's kinda of a cowering ****.

I really wish I could stomach leveling a female bounty hunter so she could romance him. But I can't. I absolutely hate the voice for fem BH. I'm not big on playing female (TOR) characters in general, really.

I really wish I could stomach leveling a female bounty hunter so she could romance him. But I can't. I absolutely hate the voice for fem BH. I'm not big on playing female (TOR) characters in general, really.

1.How could you possibly hate Grey Delisle's voice, I'm shocked.

2.I can only ever play females.

3.Did I mention Jaesa yet?

1.How could you possibly hate Grey Delisle's voice, I'm shocked.

2.I can only ever play females.

3.Did I mention Jaesa yet?

^ this

i can only stand the male BH on few character builds but the female is awesome on all builds

Nadia hands down.

All power to femConsular and Nadia. Maybe that romance would be more intriguing than the femConsular and Iresso romance has been.

I like Iresso, he's a great guy but their romance just didn't click. Hope there will be a nice m/m romance option for male Consulars, eventually.

Edited by Lent_San

All power to femConsular and Nadia. Maybe that romance would be more intriguing than the femConsular and Iresso romance has been.

I like Iresso, he's a great guy but their romance just didn't click. Hope there will be a nice m/m romance option for male Consulars, eventually.

I romanced Iresso just to get the bonus / easier path to max out affection. AHMIGERD is he an annoying twit! Second time around I snubbed him.

Nadia... oh yes, in a heartbeat! Sooooo young... sooooo innocent on the surface but fiery underneath.... soooooo corruptible! :eek:

Edited by DarthTHC

I romanced Iresso just to get the bonus / easier path to max out affection. AHMIGERD is he an annoying twit! Second time around I snubbed him.

Nadia... oh yes, in a heartbeat! Sooooo young... sooooo innocent on the surface but fiery underneath.... soooooo corruptible! :eek:

Talking about friend-zoning, Iresso would be sooo friend-zoned second time around. :p I do like him as a character, but let's face it, he's a little on the boring side. He may be cool for a male Consular though.

I'm really beginning to think playing a femConsular first wasn't the best idea, she seems to have the worst romance options ever. ^^

Nadia=not available

Tharan=in love with his holodoll

Iresso=well, see above

Zenith=not available

Qyzen=well...............

Edited by Lent_San

Talking about friend-zoning, Iresso would be sooo friend-zoned second time around. :p I do like him as a character, but let's face it, he's a little on the boring side. He may be cool for a male Consular though.

I'm really beginning to think playing a femConsular first wasn't the best idea, she seems to have the worst romance options ever. ^^

Nadia=not available

Tharan=in love with his holodoll

Iresso=well, see above

Zenith=not available

Qyzen=well...............

Indeed. femKnight is far better. I mean, put the right attachment on T7 and LOOK OUT! :eek:

Plus you know Kira would totally go for it after a good night in the Cantina.

Edited by DarthTHC

I wonder which companions Copperfield would choose! :p

Himself, he just needs a mirror. ;)

Plus you know Kira would totally go for it after a good night in the Cantina.
Indeed, I think she would. :p Edited by Lent_San