The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Temple Guard Armor

arunav

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hells yeah, I'd buy that armor set. We really need some more decent looking gear in this game, not ugly stuff like that gear from the recent Gree event.

Contact LucasAnimation and have them start work on some new gear designs for this game, darn it! They at least know what it takes to look the part in Star Wars, not like some extra from the club scenes in The Matrix.

Also, why isn't this thread a poll? It really needs a poll so people can actually vote.

I must admit my whole attention was taken away from the scene for a moment when I noticed those Peacekeepers standing in a circle around Ahsoka and Anakin. Their outfits just scream to me, "We mean business. Don't step out of line." Very cool.

This needs more people supporting it if BW is to ever consider putting this awesome looking armor set into the game, so come on people! Make your appreciation for this armor set known!

If BW considers this sort of input, it would probably take a lot of lead time to make it into the game. Still, I can't imagine a black version, capable of wearing masks underneath the hood, wouldn't sell really well. Some folks like off-white or white armor sets as well.

And, as stated above, there is nothing about the armor such that that it wouldn't be appropriate for a Jedi or Sith.

To the person who suggest TOR inspired it, I would say it's the other way around: Lucas Arts more likely had a heavy influence on TOR.

My girl and I saw these too and went nuts. They were amazing. Our first thought was "Oh man they need to throw this in SWTOR"

To the OP: can you post a picture of the polesabers ignited? they were pretty unique too. Wouldn't mind seeing them in the game either.

Hope Bioware is listening to this one. PUT THIS ON THE CARTEL MARKET!

They weren't really pole sabers, just double-bladed with a longer hilt than we see in the game. Maul's hilt was pretty long too.

I'd buy this armor and I think it is perfect what the Shadow and Assassin should look like.

Though we all know that BW don't care about use, which is why all our armor is designed for Sage and Sorcerers :(

One thing I'd like to point out about what makes these robes look better than any of the robes/dresses/trench coats/whatever in game is how it's shaped.

The lower robes slightly flares out and follows the leg. all the robes in game flare out and keep going for some reason.

example 1

Example 2

Example 3

See how all of those for some reason go out at an angle instead of resting naturally. A lot of the gear in this game would look a lot better if it did that instead of looking like you were wearing on of these

One thing I'd like to point out about what makes these robes look better than any of the robes/dresses/trench coats/whatever in game is how it's shaped.

The lower robes slightly flares out and follows the leg. all the robes in game flare out and keep going for some reason.

example 1

Example 2

Example 3

See how all of those for some reason go out at an angle instead of resting naturally. A lot of the gear in this game would look a lot better if it did that instead of looking like you were wearing on of these

That last link you provided was coming up HTTP 404 Not Found, but I think I got the idea. The general idea is that the physics that govern fabric in game are not up to snuff, meaning fabric in game doesn't behave like fabric should.

In this image, you can see that the robes hang almost straight down from the shoulder, without the inexplicable flare outwards from the waist that you see in this set of armor.

I am, however, noticing that it seems that female character models either don't have that flare outward from the waist, or it is not as dramatic as on male character models. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm finding it kinda odd that male characters have the dramatic flare of the garment out from the waist but female characters don't. A few examples: Annonited Zeyd Cloth Republic, Fortified Electrum Imperial, Resilient Polyplast Republic.

I can kinda understand why the heavy armor would have that flare outwards, especially if it had armor plating in it, like the Fortified Electrum armor appears to for the Republic (I think that feature is only noticable on high quality settings), which would cause the fabric to hold a shape of some sort, but for light and medium armor to do that? Yeah, no.

Anyways, the Jedi Temple Guard armor is still by far the best looking armor I've seen in a long time and really needs to be added to the game.