Is SWTOR making an appearance at Pax East 2013?

Chesty_Jake

yeah but remember they just launched last year. This is a year later. Not even WoW goes to conventions. Actually i'm not so sure there will be a bunch of new MMOs there.

Elder Scrolls might other then that I don't know of what else will be there. Btw you are basing what MMO you are playing on weather or not they will be at a convention?

World of Darkness will be at PAX.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Pax East is a small convention compared to E3"

E3 is a trade show not a convention...

ok it's still small compared to Comic Con San Diago, Comic Con New York, Pax Prime, or even Dragon Con.

All are much larger conventions and the two Comic Cons are much bigger in terms of Video game info. Comic Con SD is the biggest event in the county, it's also the most important as far as entertainment goes.

Point still stands not going to Pax East has absolutely nothing to do with the state of the game.

If you want to know the health of the game look at the server pops and listen to the eanrings call. If the server pops are low and the earnings calls stop mentioning SWTOR THEN YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED.

Hmm,isn't it Pax Prime that had 70,000 people?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/19/pax-east-er-largest-show-to-date-no-more-pax-attendance-figure/

Last year's PAX Prime hit 70,000 attendees. We think Khoo and company are just trying to prevent further one-upmanship between the sibling shows.

edit: Pax East 69,500

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/14/pax-east-2011-attendance-69-500-officially-becomes-biggest-pax/

Edited by Alduinsm

PAX EAst 2011 had nearly 70,000...2012 had MORE

so **** about it being a "tiny"convention. SWTOR not going to PAX east is a bad sign.

no it never had that much

Pax PRIME had 70,000 at it's peak. Pax East is no where near as big as Pax Prime. I know I;ve been to both.

PAX EAst 2011 had nearly 70,000...2012 had MORE

so **** about it being a "tiny"convention. SWTOR not going to PAX east is a bad sign.

Thanks for the truth. You are correct of course. As I previously stated on this thread, there was no doubt in my mind that SWTOR was not going to be at this convention or any other for that matter. SWTOR is known to be an embarrssment to EA. SWTOR went through several rounds of layoffs due to the dismal, and unprecedented, level of sub drops that occured after the first three months. Basically SWTOR has become the "not what to do" when devs are building the new MMO's.

You dont send your product, that is known widely as an immense failure, to venues like this. It's just too embarrissing for EA to put their SWTOR devs through it. Instead you have small venues that you can control, and know will be filled with your fans. You call these venues Cantina Tours.

Edited by Klarick

Thanks for the truth. You are correct of course. As I previously stated on this thread, there was no doubt in my mind that SWTOR was not going to be at this convention or any other for that matter. SWTOR is known to be an embarrssment to EA. SWTOR went through several rounds of layoffs due to the dismal, and unprecedented, level of sub drops that occured after the first three months. Basically SWTOR has become the "not what to do" when devs are building the new MMO's.

You dont send your product, that is known widely as an immense failure, to venues like this. It's just too embarrissing for EA to put their SWTOR devs through it. Instead you have small venues that you can control, and know will be filled with your fans. You call these venues Cantina Tours.

so by your logic WoW not going to Pax East is a bad sign.

Hey Everyone,

I promised you an update last week on our future events. We just posted our next set of locations for the Community Cantina Tour here! Head over and take a look! :jawa_smile:

Does the Cantina Tour stop in San Diego in July mean there will be a SWTOR presence at San Diego Comic-Con? Had a lot of fun with you guys last year. Meeting Holly Fields after the Meet the Companions panel was a highlight. She is a true sweetheart.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.