Grey Helix Lightsaber Bug

justandulas

First off, thank you to the guys and gals at bioware for the recent world event, I enjoyed it very much. I acquired the grey helix lightsaber from the world event and found a bug with it that i want to bring to your attention. It makes a very ****** droid sound when deployed and has a really cool lighting effect. When you enter into combat, the lighting effect around the saber disappears completely. None of the other sabers with effects disappear once engaged into combat. Could someone please take a look at the grey helix saber and find a way to keep the lighting effect of the saber alive during combat? Thanks!

My Tythonian lightsaber loses the smoke effect during combat. I do not consider it a big deal since I do not zoom in and look at my lightsaber during combat. When i resheathe, the effect returns.

My Warmaster double-bladed lightsaber has a hilt that turns off completely during combat, that is much worse. Still waiting for a fix.

My Tythonian lightsaber loses the smoke effect during combat. I do not consider it a big deal since I do not zoom in and look at my lightsaber during combat. When i resheathe, the effect returns.

My Warmaster double-bladed lightsaber has a hilt that turns off completely during combat, that is much worse. Still waiting for a fix.

Mine too, I just figured that was working as intended.

First off, thank you to the guys and gals at bioware for the recent world event, I enjoyed it very much. I acquired the grey helix lightsaber from the world event and found a bug with it that i want to bring to your attention. It makes a very ****** droid sound when deployed and has a really cool lighting effect. When you enter into combat, the lighting effect around the saber disappears completely. None of the other sabers with effects disappear once engaged into combat. Could someone please take a look at the grey helix saber and find a way to keep the lighting effect of the saber alive during combat? Thanks!

This issue was brought up when the Tythonian lightsaber came out in the first cartel packs.

NONE of the special blade effects on the 1-handed sabers have EVER remained once combat was started. Those blade effects are aesthetic only, and only seen when the lightsaber is out and the character is not in combat.

So this is nothing new, and has been 100% consistent on all sabers with an effect on the blade. I don't believe the effects on the hilts are affected, just the effects on the blade.

This happens on several of the weapons... the outer holo effects around the device sometimes vanish, and won't return until you holster and brandish the weapon again.

I've seen this on:

Gray Helix Lightsaber

Gray Helix Blaster Pistol

Gray Helix Assault Cannon

Would be nice if it could be fixed. I'm sure it's just a trigger for the effects to start or not... hopefully it's not as bad as the companion bug... ugh... lol

This issue was brought up when the Tythonian lightsaber came out in the first cartel packs.

NONE of the special blade effects on the 1-handed sabers have EVER remained once combat was started. Those blade effects are aesthetic only, and only seen when the lightsaber is out and the character is not in combat.

So this is nothing new, and has been 100% consistent on all sabers with an effect on the blade. I don't believe the effects on the hilts are affected, just the effects on the blade.

In this case, it is new. There are now new weapons where those effects are intended to stay throughout combat, or at least, in their initial setups, they do.

It is only intermittent that the effect disappears, and sometimes happens when another huge effect happens around the weapon, or one of the weapons secondary display tendencies negates the "Gray Helix" effects.

I don't think this is the same issue as the Tyhonian blade.

Edited by Kubernetic

To be more specific the lightsaber effect, no matter what lightsaber is. The effect its lost after the AOE attack. for instance with sorcerers/sages the effect dissapears only after using force storm/ forcequake.

I am not sure about the event light saber but I do know the Force Master from the cartel pack has the same issue that you described in your post. The effect disappears.

It has same problem for ALL CM unique weapons since the first pack got introduced. Effects go away when you use skill that hides weapons for a brief time to animate skills.

It has never worked properly since the CM came. Only time when effect actually works is by doing preview of weapons or pulling them out first time when entering combat. Sadly Bioware is really slow fixing things that are not critical. So this "effect" on weapons probably wont get fixed until 2.0 if were lucky.

Edited by Divona

When you preview the saberstaff, the blades look extra long just like on the single bladed saber, but when you pull it out, the blades are the same length as any other double blade. Tell me that's a bug, Bioware.

I compared with the primal expert double-bladed lightsaber, its the same lenght as any other saberstaff.

But its sitting awkwardly a lot lower on the hips on my female sith pureblood bodytype 2

They said it was forwarded to the QA team but knowing that never fix the Exploitive strike bug (no proc on charge crits for sin when a shadow get a proc on technique crits) which i reported 2-3 times.. lol

Tionese to rakata inquisitor boots being corrupted for my skin and body type for a year now, i think post 1.1.5 lol

I wish the art team would come together and fix actual stuff.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Honestly the only thing that really annoys me with these lightsabers is the fact that the hilt is glowing blue no matter the color crystal inside. This crystal should change the glow because the way it is right now your lightsaber looks weird unless you are using any blue based color crystal. Edited by demotivator

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.