Voidstar - Why two sets of rules for winning?

Screaming_Ziva

Why are there two different sets of rules in Voidstar depending if you are playing level 50 PvP or under 50 PvP?

Level 50 PvP

If the first attacking team blows the first set of doors but not the second set of doors, the second attacking team just needs to extend the bridge to win.

Under 50 PvP

If the first attacking team blows the first set of doors but not the second set of doors, the second attacking team must blow the second set of doors to win.

Why are the winning rules different depending on what level you are playing?

Well, if neither side was better at completing objectives, makes sense to reward those more successful in pure combat.

Not exactly. Fewest deaths would have been the better mechanic. It's not hard to wrack up DoT death ratios in TOR.

:D

/wave

Hullo sir. :rak_03:

Edited by Pistols-GS

Not exactly. Fewest deaths would have been the better mechanic. It's not hard to wrack up DoT death ratios in TOR.

Hullo sir. :rak_03:

Most kills/fewest deaths are the same thing. Someone has to die to award a kill. It isn't the addition of everyone's kills, buth rather the number of deaths caused by your team. I know this for a fact that I had top kills in a stalemated vs yet the other team had the next 3-4 highest kills. Had you counted deaths, the other team had more.

Doesn't matter how many ppl get credit for a kill. 1 kill is 1 kill, not upwards of 8.

It is fewest deaths...........................................................................................

how do they not know sir? they will never know kid, they will never know.

Voidstar

• In the event that neither team breaches the first set of doors, the winner of the match is now the team that scored the most kills

Welcome to TOR.

It is fewest deaths...........................................................................................

how do they not know sir? they will never know kid, they will never know.

Voidstar

• In the event that neither team breaches the first set of doors, the winner of the match is now the team that scored the most kills

Welcome to TOR.

Fewest Deaths...Most Kills... samething no?

If your team had the most kills doesn't that equate to having the least deaths?

We killed you 150 times and you killed us 145 times. Means we died 145 times while you died 150 times...

im pretty sure we can all agree that voidstar is a steaming pile of ****.

Voidstar is my favorite WZ, only exception is that some days I'm in love with Huttball, some days I'm friggin' tired of it.

Edited by Lionflash

Most kills/fewest deaths are the same thing. Someone has to die to award a kill. It isn't the addition of everyone's kills, buth rather the number of deaths caused by your team. I know this for a fact that I had top kills in a stalemated vs yet the other team had the next 3-4 highest kills. Had you counted deaths, the other team had more.

Doesn't matter how many ppl get credit for a kill. 1 kill is 1 kill, not upwards of 8.

Count the deaths and kills in any match that ends with a tie. We've done it, and it adds culmaltive kill counts.

Joyous.

as a 99% of -the-time pugger i will take voidstar any day over ancient hypergates

and most of the time over cw

Edited by Daxy

Count the deaths and kills in any match that ends with a tie. We've done it, and it adds culmaltive kill counts.

Joyous.

That's because it is rare for it to happen the way I stated. Most of the time the team with the most kills has the top 3-4 players in kills. This is due to everyone tagging multiple ppl and getting credit for the same kills.

I'm telling you now, that if each person on one team got 5 solo kills, then their kill count would be 40. If the other team each shared on 30 kills they would have 8 players with 30, or 240 combined. The 240 team would still lose because 30<40.

Not really, death should match killing blow, not kills.

Like hell it is. With the imbalance of factions on PVP servers, it's nice to have a warzone where cooperation and skill can result in a win, even with outgeared opponents. You get that chance with Huttball and Voidstar, and just about nowhere else.

Why are there two different sets of rules in Voidstar depending if you are playing level 50 PvP or under 50 PvP?

Level 50 PvP

If the first attacking team blows the first set of doors but not the second set of doors, the second attacking team just needs to extend the bridge to win.

Under 50 PvP

If the first attacking team blows the first set of doors but not the second set of doors, the second attacking team must blow the second set of doors to win.

I'm pretty sure you got that wrong.

if attacking team gets bridge at 4th minute but not second doors, there are two posibilities for second round.

a. second team gets bridge in less then 4 minutes (for example 3rd minute) - auto win

b. second team gets bridge in over 4 minutes (for example 5th minute) - not auto win, they need to get second door.

and I'm sure it is same for both 50 and pre 50 pvp

Level 50 PvP

Under 50 PvP

Is this a troll thread? If not, I'll explain because you might not understand:

- In the first case, the 2nd team got the bridge faster than the 1st team, so they auto win

- in the second case. the 2nd team did not get the bridge faster, so they must progress FURTHER, to get a win.

I feel bad for the development team. They can't explain it to people any more clearly than they do..... and people still have no idea.