Please Help, Gunnery Commando

Maraxuss

I'm not new to PvP, i have vengeance jugg, shield tech tank bounty hunter, vigilance jedi knight, engeneering sniper, deception assassin, and other classes, these mostly valor levels from 75-80.

Yet my gunnery commando around valor 65, in full war hero, with some elite pieces, gets pwned like there is no tomorrow. Sure i'm ok (and just OK) dps compared to some other clasees i play, but thats only if i can play a stationary turret, which is almost never. It almost seems is anybody even looks my way in pvp i fallover dead. I have literally had operatives get on me and stunlock me from full health to dead, with me maybe getting in 1 attack.

Anyone got any tips to help me on my gunnery commando, or maybe something i'm doing wrong...your help is appreciated.

Switch to Assault. That's the best tip I can offer you. It's night/day in 50 PvP.

^

gunnery commando is not a viable pvp spec. you are a bad sniper (turret). snipers cannot be leaped to and have a 20s bubble that makes them unstunnable. it's on a 1m or 40s cd. they also have a huge dmg reduction shield on a longer cd. they have a punt with a root. they have a root they can fire from range and an instant mezz they can fire from range. a gunnery commando has none of these things. you have to cast your ranged mezz. you have to be in melee range to apply your root. your defensive bubble lasts only 15s and is on a longer cd (iirc); it also doesn't prevent stuns. you can be leaped to and pulled at any time (baring full resolve). you can be interrupted at any time, but in order to produce effective dps, you need to continually cast a 1.5s abil.

long story short: you're in the wrong spec. assault is far more mobile. it has quicker burst (gunnery could do more dmg if left alone). you have a realistic slow. go assault or learn to heal or reroll or wait for a balance patch/2.0...or get carried.

Edited by foxmob