Always Underleveled

lordvoldy

Grats, you are probably the first person actually underleveled, not overleveled 5lvls + :eek: Next time don't skip half of quests and all flashpoints.

So, just do some WZs to lvl up. It's easy and quick way. I level my all alts this way because i can't even see all of these planetary quests again.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it always goes the other way, something like this:

Starter planets 10/11

Crew skills + 1st flashpoint 11/12

Capital planets 18

Taris/Balmorra 24

Nar Shaddaa 28

Tatooine 31/32

Alderaan 35

Chapter 1 36

This is with no space, no warzone, only The Esseles/Black Talon flashpoint but no others. I do all missions, including the bonus steps and also the bonus series.

I didn't do the math but I think it all depends on the first 3 planets. If you aren't overleveled after thoses, the XP you get for being just on level is barely enough to keep you there and you'll never be overleveled unless you do extra content.

You're doing something wrong, really. ô_O

HAVE you been f2p?

And are you absolutely sure you did ALL of the quests? Because I thought I did every quest on my main, but when I played my second toon I suddenly discovered areas here and there that I didn't know and obviously didn't do the quests. And sometimes there are quests in the middle of nowhere, in Balmorra for example there are a few quests far on the bottom right in the river. And you can do most Heroic 2 quests on your own, so I would try them.

One point that seems to have been missed - rested XP!

Always grab the Quick Travel point in a cantina and QT there before you log off.

That way you earn rested XP whilst offline, meaning that when you start to play again you earn double XP for everything that you do until the rested XP bar has been reached (it shows as an extended unfilled section to the right of your actual XP.)

If you are unsure whether an area counts as a rest area then look for the statement in your general tab that says "Entering Rest Area" or "Exiting rest Area".

One point that seems to have been missed - rested XP!

Always grab the Quick Travel point in a cantina and QT there before you log off.

That way you earn rested XP whilst offline, meaning that when you start to play again you earn double XP for everything that you do until the rested XP bar has been reached (it shows as an extended unfilled section to the right of your actual XP.)

If you are unsure whether an area counts as a rest area then look for the statement in your general tab that says "Entering Rest Area" or "Exiting rest Area".

The OP already said he logs off on his ship or in a cantina, so not earning rested XP isn't the issue here.

Also, a little off-topic as it isn't relevant to the OP's issue but a couple of posters have stated that FTP get an XP penalty, which isn't actually correct. FTP get xp in line with the same amounts subbers used to get. When the game went FTP, subscribers gained an xp bonus (of 20% I think - some cool guy made a thread around the time with all the relevant numbers as tested on two accounts). I suspect applying 'penalty' to FTP rather than 'bonus' to subscribers came about by BW's unappealing description of the FTP model when it first released - hopefully they have changed the wording, but it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't.

After reading this entire thread, I can't see how it's possible that your underleveled by doing most of the quest. I intentionally leave a planet after finishing the class quest and 1 level under the next planet I go to. So that means I'm skipping all the bonus series, heroics, and a majority of side missions. However I always have unused rested XP. If I use up all of it, I'll park my toon in a cantina or ship, then log onto one of my other toons and level it up or doing OPS with my 50's.

When levelling I try not to use my speeder as much and run the short gaps killing mobs along the way.. im normally between 4-5 levels over cap on a planet normally, its always good to get a good start I think, I leave the starter planets around level 12, fleet about level 15, then the capital planets about level 20-22, I never do flashpoints pre-50 and only do a heroic if I know I can solo it as im a solo leveller, so more xp and loot for me (its just rubbish when BW say you get an xp boost from grouping up, im yet to see it.. plus you have to devide all loots and wait on the other player too)

You must have missed more Bonus Missions/Objectives than you thought you did. I have never had to do a WZ or FP to level up. As a sub, i am always above required level by at least, depending on class and play style, one level.

I find it helpful to kill a few more enemies than you have to too. It doesnt give you uber experience, but it gives you a little boost.

Always make sure you are over levelled from your LVL 1 missions onwards. I find it tends to keep you in good stead for the rest of your missions.

So, dont avoid enemies. They are your friends XP wise. Level high from the beginning. And check your objectives often to see if there are any bonus objectives.

I know the above might not help with higher level characters much. But, Thats how i keep levelled.

Regards.

OP:

If you are a subscriber, and do all of the quests you come across with rested xp there is no way you are under leveled. It's just not possible. The only explanation is that you are doing the planet that's higher than your level while skipping the planet at your level. If you're following the levels of planets, and doing the entire planet there just isn't any way you are under leveled. Just not possible.

I have 7 50's. Multiple stealth. Some of them I've done no WZ's, FP's, heroics, etc on and am still the right level or overleveled. I have bought none of the XP perks for legacy on any of my characters. I usually skip everything as much as I can because I like being the correct level for all the quests. So I will often times skip everything but the objectives or the bonus objects as well as leave the planet as soon as I have reached the level I should be to go to the next. On my stealth classes, I would skip straight to the objectives 99.9% of time for every quest I did. With all that said, I have a strong feeling you're either trolling or like another poster said already, it's user error and you have selection bias recounting you doing everything perfectly and never skipping anything. 99.9% not a bug.

Lol. Well thats not a viable solution for me.

Well people in here have given you at least half a dozen ways to make up the difference you need and every single one you've said isn't viable for you so guess you are on your own then. You don't even need to know anyone in game to use the group finder, by virtue of its name it finds one for you, it does the hard work. At this point my answer would be too bad so SAS.

When you finish a class quest you recieve new one which is higher level.Generaly that quests points you out a new zone on the same planet or a new planet. I use class quests as my guide.First I finish the normal quests ( INCLUDING optional objectives ) then I do my class quest of that zone.If you finish actual objective but skip optional objectives its normal to be underlevel.When zone is cleared my class quest points me out a new zone or planet and I approach there.I never do heroic quests because they are totally waste of time. After a few quests I ding and many quests become green on my quest log. I hide them do yellow ones.If my class quests is green too I do it first untill it makes me to go to a place at same level as me. Edited by kijthae

When levelling I try not to use my speeder as much and run the short gaps killing mobs along the way.. im normally between 4-5 levels over cap on a planet normally, its always good to get a good start I think, I leave the starter planets around level 12, fleet about level 15, then the capital planets about level 20-22, I never do flashpoints pre-50 and only do a heroic if I know I can solo it as im a solo leveller, so more xp and loot for me (its just rubbish when BW say you get an xp boost from grouping up, im yet to see it.. plus you have to devide all loots and wait on the other player too)

You do get extra XP from grouping up. I never physically saw it till a few weeks ago when in the odd time I had gen chat up running with a guildie and I noticed the yellow text telling me that I got 2000 dome odd XP for my guildie finishing one of his bonus objectives.

Yeah, that is the first thing I thought about but the only thing I don't do is heroics. Unless there is some magical questing hub that I am missing on every planet.

well you should do them. you get a lot of planetary comms and exp too. I have leveled 4 characters to 50 and on the first 3, I did almost every quest that I came across including heroics and bonus series. I would get so over leveled that at some point I would have to skip almost entire planets other than the class story just to get back to a more even playing field with the content on the next planet. It's not as fun when you're 4 levels above the content. so in other words, do heroics and this should solve your problem

I think you're getting to the quest hubs too early, and the quest givers are not offering the quests yet... unless you go back at a higher level, you'll never see those quests, and believe you've actually done all the quests available.

way back at launch, I figured out doing space missions were not helping me progress my toon... being 2 levels ahead of BW's intended pace, I was seeing a few orange quests but most were already green.

get too far ahead of intended pace, the quests turn grey...

get too far behind the intended pace, the game won't offer that quests...

it is self limiting.

I think your either a troll or a fool, I leveled either at the level or above for most planets. Without doing the Bonus series. I wasn't sub'ed.

Now I am sub'ed it's even easier and sadly I'm a few to many levels ahead each planet which makes it a little too easy...

or you've missed a planet!!!

Edited by danielearley

Well its obviously a very small crowd of people with this issue because everyone that has posted on this thread say there atleast 2 levels above everything.

Meh - recently got to 50 on my Sniper, however completed class quests at 45 (5 levels of PvP to finish) Oddly enough I needed a little help on the last quest bit, however the rest of the story was completed solo. She only did one FP - BT.

Only ever did the class quests on each planet and my daily PvP each day to keep the xp ticking over (had the class quest and warzone legacy unlocks)

My Merc completed class quests at 47 and my first toon (Assasin) at 48. I prefered the challenge of being underleveled for the quests rather than the cakewalk of being 3+ levels over - true, I died a few times more, but enjoyed the journey.

Are you returning your missions to the quest-npc or mission dropbox? :rolleyes:

This is actually what I was thinking, too. Otherwise nothing adds up!

And yeah, a lot of this thread looks like one of them Transactional Analysis games, namely, "Why don't you/Yes but" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_analysis#Why_Don.27t_You.2FYes_But

I will play a round, why not. OP, why don't you kill every golden elite you see? It's lots of quick XP. It only works if you are skilled and geared, though. There, I even played the "Yes but" part! :cool:

Well there has to be something I can do besides just re-roll just so i can go complete those 2 bonus series quest.

That depends on you being willing to fork over some cash. You can buy XP boosts from the Cartell Market. Combine that with rested XP and the levels just fly by very, very fast. Used to do that on an older toon of mine who was severely behind the leveling curve. Took me two 3-hour boosts to get to where I am at the right level for the quests.

Oh, and never, never EVER skip mobs. I tend to do that, too, when I play a stealth class, and I immediately start to notice that I don't get enoug XP.

Edited by Artanisia

This is actually what I was thinking, too. Otherwise nothing adds up!

And yeah, a lot of this thread looks like one of them Transactional Analysis games, namely, "Why don't you/Yes but" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_analysis#Why_Don.27t_You.2FYes_But

I will play a round, why not. OP, why don't you kill every golden elite you see? It's lots of quick XP. It only works if you are skilled and geared, though. There, I even played the "Yes but" part! :cool:

This is exactly what this is. Good call.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.