HM Flashpoints in 2.0

I saw in the PTS notes for the expansion:

• New level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, and Cademimu.

That sounds great to me. But my question is, what about the current 50 HM FPs? WIll they be converted to 55 as well? I really enjoy some of the current 50 HM FPs, but if they stay at 50 once the expansion hits no one will run them.

I saw in the PTS notes for the expansion:

• New level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, and Cademimu.

That sounds great to me. But my question is, what about the current 50 HM FPs? WIll they be converted to 55 as well? I really enjoy some of the current 50 HM FPs, but if they stay at 50 once the expansion hits no one will run them.

No they are all tier one still but LI HM is in same tier meaning for your daily you could get LI HM as a pop,

Reivews of the flashpoints:

1. HM Athiss: Gear check, mechanics were too easy.

2. HM Cadimemu: 1st boss (Officer and Droid) was fun, the 2nd boss (Wookie) was pretty much the same, finall boss was actually tough to figure out (wiped 2 times figuring out shackles).

So far I liked Cadimemu but Athiss was too much of a gear check, needs more mechanics.

Will post on Mandalorian Raiders and Hammer Station after I've done them.

I found all them easy. The hardest one would probably be Cademimu, because the final boss is tricky if you aren't in vent to call out shackles. Athiss was the easiest, followed by Mandalorian Raiders. Hammer Station was easy, but we wiped on the first boss do to a mechanic that requires a cleanse. It was faceroll once we told the healer via group chat what to do.

Overall, I would say the flashpoints are too easy and they compare to something like HM foundry or Boarding Party in difficulty on live server. None of them are as "hard" as LI HM right now, but that isn't saying much because LI is easy.

TL;DR? Everything is easy.

I found all them easy. The hardest one would probably be Cademimu, because the final boss is tricky if you aren't in vent to call out shackles. Athiss was the easiest, followed by Mandalorian Raiders. Hammer Station was easy, but we wiped on the first boss do to a mechanic that requires a cleanse. It was faceroll once we told the healer via group chat what to do.

Overall, I would say the flashpoints are too easy and they compare to something like HM foundry or Boarding Party in difficulty on live server. None of them are as "hard" as LI HM right now, but that isn't saying much because LI is easy.

TL;DR? Everything is easy.

Flashpoints are made to be pugged and you are clearly playing with a group using vent. So the difficulty will there.

Flashpoints are made to be pugged and you are clearly playing with a group using vent. So the difficulty will there.

We only had 2 of 4 in vent, myself and our tank. Even without vent, it is pretty damn simple. All instructions can be handled in group chat.

Edited by bbare

What's the point of running the non-HM FPs? You already level past them on your way to 50.

Well, people do level on nothing but FPs, either because they like playing in groups rather than solo, or because they just can't stand the thought of grinding those horrid planet quests again. From that standpoint, the level 50 FPs are just more of the same that you did from 1-49. So people might decide to try and grind out FPs and ops at 50 rather than running (or rerunning) Makeb to level up.

Of course, you may have to do Makeb dailies and weeklies anyway to get your Basic Commendations, and it's not clear if the HM 50 FPs will give enough XP to level up to 55 on their own either. The real problem will be that most people just decide to skip them, since they're no longer "endgame," and so getting a group will take ages.

if the daily random dungeon only consists of 5 FP they will get boring pretty damn fast. Especially since the new FP´s are wellknown normal FP made hard mode. I hope there´s some new FP's in RotHc too.

I know it´s a tiny expansion, but imo there should be new FP´s in an expansion and i hope there´s more than just 1 or 2. Theese new hardmodes aren´t realy new FP's but if it´s to get more variables into our daily groupfinder it´s ok.

If that´s all there is it's just not ok.

To people running them on the PTS, what gear are you running them in? The reason I ask is because if you are running in a full set of the new tier of gear, I imagine they are going to appear easier than they will on live. For instance, LI HM is very easy when your team is in 61/63 level gear but pretty challenging when everyone is in Columi. Likewise, if you're in Dread Guard on these new HM FP's, perhaps they will be much tougher until you get a good deal of Arkanian.

Anyway, hoping that some of the new HM's will be very challenging. Lost Island is the only fun HM FP left and they are nerfing it so here's hoping there's a challenging new HM FP.

Any idea how much XP will they give? Will if be faster than just doing Makeb?

Can't compare values when one of them is unknown, like exp given on Makeb. But you still will want to to run missions on Makeb, since reputation from there is required to buy some entry level weapons and schematics.

To people running them on the PTS, what gear are you running them in? The reason I ask is because if you are running in a full set of the new tier of gear, I imagine they are going to appear easier than they will on live. For instance, LI HM is very easy when your team is in 61/63 level gear but pretty challenging when everyone is in Columi. Likewise, if you're in Dread Guard on these new HM FP's, perhaps they will be much tougher until you get a good deal of Arkanian.

I doubt anyone has run them on PTS in anything less than full Arkanian, since you get a full set of it just for clicking the power up console a few times. Of course that means everyone is "testing" them while already stupidly overgeared for them, since Arkanian is the designated set for hard mode 55 ops.

There are. I guess you didn't notice that they added the word [HARDMODE] to the names of Hammer Station, Athiss, and Cademimu. That's three new flashpoints right there.

Some people just won't be pleased.

He's wondering if there are going to be new FP's that revolve around RoTHC itself. Hammer Station, Athisis and Mando Raider are NOT new FP's they are just more challenging now. I believe the OP Scum&Villainy will revolve around RoTHC ( I Think) but there has been no news of actual NEW FP's but, one can hope.:)

Edited by GalaxyStrong

My point is that I enjoy running some of the current 50 HM FP's, and I don't want them essentially to be shelved once the expansion hits.

My hope is that bioware creates a 55 HM version of all FPs.

They don't have to be shelved. You can still run them. ::shrugs:: You might not get good gear from them, but hey, at this point on most of my characters all I'm getting out of them is 5 Black Hole comms anyway. We run them for fun.