Quitting in middle of WZ and consequences

Bolo_Yeung

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing that these quiters are so often the reason, why their team is losing. There are arguments, that are absolutely false. The truth is that quiters are what is absolutely ruining the pvp here. Most of these players leave at the begining when enemy takes 2 from 3 towers they leave, so the rest mostly loses because it takes some time before replacement comes.

I have asin 98 valor and sage valor around 80, I have some others toons with lower valor, I'm playing 1 year and I dont remember a single game that was lost due to quiters (except quitters 10 sec to round start). A game lost due to lack of coordination/bad gear/bad composition. I quite rarely see players that quit right after beginning when enemies take 2 turrets on cw/nc. So don't lie.

These quiters say here, that the team is ruining their fun - so they leave to ruin the Wz for all others?

What shall they do? Shall they pay money just to give u some fun? Kid, how old r u?

Still, you were undergeared once before as well. I believe that by this penalty the warzones would be so much better.

Do u really think that 10 min penalty will help make wz "so much better"? Do u mean that now all these quitters will start fight for yr fun? Unbelievable...

Edit: run well composed premade, it will reduce yr chance 2 c quitters.

Edited by yauhen_pt

problem is there is no matchmaking system like in pve ...

ppl might queue to wz as a tank, healer, or dps and when is there no opromal composition 2healers, 1 tank at least queue might not pop ... because its team dependant game ... or change the game and balance it 1 vs 1

problem is there is no matchmaking system like in pve ...

ppl might queue to wz as a tank, healer, or dps and when is there no opromal composition 2healers, 1 tank at least queue might not pop ... because its team dependant game ... or change the game and balance it 1 vs 1

Probably gear should also b taken into account.

I have asin 98 valor and sage valor around 80, I have some others toons with lower valor, I'm playing 1 year and I dont remember a single game that was lost due to quiters (except quitters 10 sec to round start). A game lost due to lack of coordination/bad gear/bad composition. I quite rarely see players that quit right after beginning when enemies take 2 turrets on cw/nc. So don't lie.

Edit: run well composed premade, it will reduce yr chance 2 c quitters.[/i completely disagree with your post. You must be blind

I completely disagree with you ..... You must be blind not to see this is a problem.

Maybe instead of leaving Wz you should try to fight better to make up for those undergeared. If you are affraid to lose so you have to quit when you see undergeared players dont you mind that you spoil the warzone for other 7 players of your team more than undergeared player ever could ? This coward attitude is the reason why so often WZ sucks because playing with undergeared is tought but playing with 7 players is almost impossible to win or even have fun from the game. And to be honest even those 10-15 minutes are enough to prevent you to ruin more games you could quit in that time.

Clearly you haven't PvP'ed for very long. It's quite easy (with 80%+ accuracy) to tell how long someone has PvP'ed in this game and any game based on where they are with the quitter mentality. Most PvP'ers who quit went through several stages:

1. (1-2 months): Don't quit because they were undergeared/unskilled at the start.
  2. (1-2 months): Got gear, didn't quit because they believed they could make up the skill/logic/gear differences between teams.
  3. (1-2 months): Began quitting whenever there were too many unskilled/ungeared/unintelligent people to carry, but still stayed if there was only a single or two they had to make up for.
  4. (1-3 months): Quits whenever there is a hint of idiocy on the team.

I'm sorry that you just don't understand (yet) that there is no-way for you to cover baddies in warzones.

• You cant miraculously solo 5 players on an off-door for 8 minutes because your team members refuse to respond to incoming.
  • You cant miraculously solo 7 players on the main node because your team refuses to fight on-the-node.
  • You cant miraculously score 6 goals before the other team in huttball if your team-mates let enemy marauders/juggernaught leap to them.

I am almost fully elite war hero geared so i have some fighting done. I never quit even lost fights. I play this game not only to win but to PLAY it. These quitters are the same people who in alderaan in the middle of the fight and minimum chance of winning go stand by the only node just to take some medals instead of having some more fun from fighting enemy. I have sen bad teams, but even these bad players have guts to continue on fighting - you dont.

I completely disagree with you ..... You must be blind not to see this is a problem.

For me it just not the problem, fun is not about win or loss.

but even these bad players have guts to continue on fighting - you dont.

U know, whenever I am playing my juggernaut I can fight none stop whole match and do not give a **** concerning objectives, moreover I'll have incredible fun! We will lose 6-0/100-0/600-0 and yet for me it will b fun (because the play style) But I learned that this would b not a fun for many others, I learned to follow objectives.

If ppl do not want face leavers they have to learn wear recruite gear but not green/blue/purple pve, learn to coordinate and to follow objectives, all these will guarantee some lvl of fun and it doesn't matter will it loss or win.

Edited by yauhen_pt

Nearly half of the warzones it looks like it:

Enemy gets 2 turrets or goals or advance fast... and 2,3,4 people quit. Another are joining. They quit too, cursing for joining lost WZ ... etc. So, maybe add a penalty for quitting warzone in middle? Like 10-15 minute ban for entering another warzone?

I understand that people does not want to play when they're losing due to incompetent team (sometimes I have the urge to quit as well). Quitting in middle, though, severely cripple the rest of the team.

The difference between winning and losing is mostly a pride thing. Does it really matter to you if you get one more loss? Considering the hundreds of warzones that you have to compete in to get full Elite Warhero gear it really isnt a big deal if you lose. If people want to quit a warzone because they are losing it really isnt a big deal. As a matter of fact it probably speeds up the queues, due to the fact that there are more people queing. My advice is don't worry about what other people do and stay in the warzone. The people that leave are already getting punished due to the fact that they get nothing for the time the spent in queue and the time they spent in the warzone.

If they don't do something about the deserters, I'll be leaving eventually.

There is nothing more frustrating or stupid in this game than the deserters, IMHO.

Other way around. Frustrating stupid idiots are reason we sometimes desert.

that guy not calling incs, those 4 around ball in pit but NO ONE take it, enemy comes, grabs, and passes forward, that guy who was capping but stopped to hit enemy who I mezzed so our guy (one who stoped) could finish capping, people in L40 pve greens in 50 WZ, that assassin who runs with no stealth nor sprint... that 2 guys who got ninja'd by one stealther...

did I mention not calling incs?

I don't mind losing, but I mind stupid, and I don't want to get banned for rage swearing, nor I have patience to silently deal with it... so yeah, I'll hit 'quit'.

Edited by Atramar

Some warzones just aren't worth the blood pressure spike.

When I see the loading screen for Civil War, I prepare to drop immediately. I don't care if I think it's a sure win, I refuse to play CW any more. An immediate drop lets the 'backfill' grab someone else before it starts, so I don't feel that's a bad thing. People don't call incomings, people cluster around the pylon when a win is still possible, and people just don't pay attention. I hate CW more than words exist in the English language to describe. So no, I don't feel at all guilty for refusing to play it.

Any other warzone, win or lose, regardless if I'm facing six smashmonkeys and have a team of complete greens at my back, I stay. I may not like the outcome, I may not feel good afterwards, but if I start a warzone, I'll finish it. All this talk of punishing people for quitting warzones is frankly ridiculous.

If a debuff, lock out or whatever gets implemented I'll just strictly premade to minimize the risk of joining a crappified team. Many others with brains in the heads will do the same (if they're not already).

Debuff supporters if that happens keep PUGging, and remember that it's your responsibility to carry teammates that don't consider themselves teammates. You're obligated to play harder to make up for that guy self-healing in the corner to pad his stats, and the TDM Masters chasing reds around the map while you're getting capped and crushed at nodes. The losers by choice will be counting on you, don't let them down! :p

Edited by Joesixxpack

About undergeared. I got my merc to 50 yesterday Now i have full augmented warhero set. 20k+ hp. I was top dps even in half recruit gear and was melting down smashmonkeys looking for "easy" merc targets. Just L2P.

And there it is, folks. Just L2P.

I am the first to admit my mediocre skills, and to laud the awesome foes who have struck me down. But I will never give any credibility to posts like this.

"I am THE BEST! I AM FRICKIN' ROCKY BALBOA! YOU ALL SUCK! L2P!" says the megalomaniacal, delusional doofus.

I never get tired of hearing that one. Especially after I have spent endless minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and warzones learning to play.

Punish people for leaving is 1 thing, but I've found many times I'm in a wz, and DC to desktop. This is an automatic kick from the group, so I'd be punished for leaving even tho I had no intention of doing so. How would they set it up so those who DC don't get punished for DC's? Edited by Toraak

Punish people for leaving is 1 thing, but I've found many times I'm in a wz, and DC to desktop. This is an automatic kick from the group, so I'd be punished for leaving even tho I had no intention of doing so. How would they set it up so those who DC don't get punished for DC's?

Spot on.

I have learned the hard way not to key-bind focus target as CTRL-Q. Nothing is more deflating than entering a WZ, adrenalin pumping, and you hit CMD-Q to target your teammate. Quit program. Epic fail.

Guess I still need to L2P.

Well what about the hundreds of players farming stablizers, and dont have any pvp gear they dont care if you win they just want com's to buy more stablizers. there has to be an out for ppl. I have seen premades no of them in pvp gear all of them farming stablizers. I dont want in that grp

The difference between winning and losing is mostly a pride thing. Does it really matter to you if you get one more loss? Considering the hundreds of warzones that you have to compete in to get full Elite Warhero gear it really isnt a big deal if you lose. If people want to quit a warzone because they are losing it really isnt a big deal. As a matter of fact it probably speeds up the queues, due to the fact that there are more people queing. My advice is don't worry about what other people do and stay in the warzone. The people that leave are already getting punished due to the fact that they get nothing for the time the spent in queue and the time they spent in the warzone.

That's an excellent way to look at it.

I always drop CW, the second the initial loading screen allows it. I don't start the WZ and then quit three, six, however many minutes later, I leave right away, before the dropship's force shields drop and the speeders appear. I'm willing to eat the queue time with absolutely zero complaint, it's preferable to letting non-calls and pylon clusterbots muck up my WZ experience. No other warzone, not even Novare Coast (which comes close, admittedly), will convince me to drop - for some reason, they just don't have the aggravation factor.

Seeing as removing ones self from a PVP round can happen for a number of reasons, I cannot see how a viable "quitter punishment" system can be implemented.

If you leave a PVP round early it may be for real life concerns or perhaps your internet connect drops out unexpectedly or the game just crashes in the middle of the round. Why should a player be penalised for these reasons? Real Life responsibilities should always trump virtual ones.

To add to the above I would like to point out those players that back-fill a position. What if someone quits close to the end of a round and someone replaces them, would you look to penalise the player that back-filled because he/she chooses to leave the round instead of staying to fight.

No.

Peoples opinions on Quitters should remain as they are now. A personal reflection of how they view the action of the player quitting. No formal punishment because who is going to filter out the disconnections, game crashes or real life emergencies. It's a ridiculous notion that would punish people with valid reasons for removing themselves from a game along with the quitters. Akin to the Empire destroying Alderaan just to catch a few rebels.

No. Harden Up Soldier. Quitters be Quitting.

I love how people are complaining about wanting to be able to quit. I consider myself an excellent player, and I will never quit a warzone that I start the full game playing. If you're so good that's 1/8th of the team set right there.

I actually notice if we are down 2 0 in huttball or they get a quick door in voidstar and a couple people quit, people join and BOOM we start doing better.

More often than not the quitters are just people that are unskilled at the game looking to get carried. Suck it up and learn something from the experience.

Now that we're getting achievements they can just create a "quitter" achievement once you quit X number of times. The difference is that the title is mandatory once it's earned. The only way to turn it off again would be to play X number of warzones in a row without quitting.

Quitters can still quit, and the rest of us can see you for what you are and boot you from the group ahead of time if we don't want to risk you abandoning the team mid game.

I just laugh at the noobs who quit because the enemy scored one point... Then our team wins the game 6-1.

Probably helped that the one guy quit and we got a better player to replace them.

At any rate, I don't agree with punishing people for quitting a wz, because you never know why they quit, yea it is obvious sometimes, but I have had to leave a warzone because of real life issues.

Now that we're getting achievements they can just create a "quitter" achievement once you quit X number of times. The difference is that the title is mandatory once it's earned. The only way to turn it off again would be to play X number of warzones in a row without quitting.

Quitters can still quit, and the rest of us can see you for what you are and boot you from the group ahead of time if we don't want to risk you abandoning the team mid game.

You... I like you.

I really like this idea.

There should be multiple levels.... like "The Quitter of Star Wars", or "The Weakest Player On This Server", "Frightened Snowflake", etc. I love the idea of it being mandatory, and the only way to get it off of there is to play X number of Warzones without ever quitting one.

Awesome idea!