Cartel Market Update: February 26th, 2013

AmberGreen

or knight

The Knight one is, if you look right, the Valiant set, just with another coloring, since that color from the char creation is already in the Exalted Legacy set for knights.

Two sets I'd love to see are the Trooper's char creation one and the gree champion standing one but instead of white with blue detais, I'd love a white with black lines/details.

Maybe some people bought said items right before the discount and lost a tad bit of CC / cash due to this?

And that's why when I want to get something from the Cartel and it's close to a scheduled maintenance, I wait the maintenance to happen because there might have some discount.

Just like the MA-53 Overwatch CHestplate I wanted to get for a future Vanguard. If I have bought it in the day I thought about it, I would've spent the normal price, but then I waited 2 more days and blam, 40% discount. ;)

Edited by Haggardbr

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonjour,

je ne comprends pas pourquoi on ne peut plus équiper le plastron de revan tout en bénéficiant de l'effet de la capuche sur un casque (en l'occurrence le couvre tête de l'enquêteur)

Vous nous faites acheter des items avec des pièces du cartel pour 2 jours plus tard mettre une MAJ qui casse tout le plaisir d'avoir trouvé un skin unique !!!!

Sala

Bonjour,

je ne comprends pas pourquoi on ne peut plus équiper le plastron de revan tout en bénéficiant de l'effet de la capuche sur un casque (en l'occurrence le couvre tête de l'enquêteur)

Vous nous faites acheter des items avec des pièces du cartel pour 2 jours plus tard mettre une MAJ qui casse tout le plaisir d'avoir trouvé un skin unique !!!!

Sala

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5923845&postcount=39

Now, because I don't speak French, here's Google Translate to the pseudo-rescue (I'm so sorry):

Juste une petite mise à jour, nous avons confirmé que c'est certainement un bug et n'est pas destiné. Nous allons travailler sur l'obtention de cette résolues pour chercher dans les notes de patch à venir et il sera ajouté à la liste des problèmes connus.

I hope that helps.

Wow, flame much. Hate to break it to you - not everything Bioware does is a giant conspiracy to waste your time.

If they threw the sets on the vendor people would complain because they didn't know the armor would be on the vendor, and they would have done X or Y if they had known it was (because if this armor went on the vendor, it would be for Legendary status (because of the "Perfect Gold Bisector" title). A lot of people only got enough reputation to get the champion gear, and didn't care about Legendary. You're way overreacting to this, and not seeing the big picture at all. You should probably think for a second why they did what they did, instead of insulting them when they literally just gave you new content. They didn't even have to make the Gold Scalene gear.

^^ This. Thank you for someone being sane on these boards and not just flaming all day. It doesn't matter what bioware does, every single thing they do makes some people mad and others excited. I look at it as new content. It's clearly not as valuable as the gree vendor gear.

^^ This. Thank you for someone being sane on these boards and not just flaming all day. It doesn't matter what bioware does, every single thing they do makes some people mad and others excited. I look at it as new content. It's clearly not as valuable as the gree vendor gear.

I think the single most important thing about the Gold Scalene gear is: why is it blue?

If that key-blue, gold glow armour had been on the vendors as the top set, I bet people would complain that it colour matches everything blue instead of black.

My husband actually really wanted to get the set for this level 25 Marauder and then we saw that it was... blue.

Why is it blue, Bioware, why is it blue?

Legacy Character Perk: Advanced Field Repair Droid is now discounted by 20%. Cost: 100 Cartel Coins

In case you didn't see it.

Grrrr. where is this exactly in the cartel shop? I can't find it under unlocks.

thanks.

Has their been anything added to the Security Key Vendor since launch? Is there any chance there will be stuff added to it?

No. Security Key, DDE, and CE vendors do not get updates. Although a dev said next patch the CE one will get something. But we don't know what yet. I think it will either be another overpriced pet or overpriced mount.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Huh, wonder why they're not doing weekly updates now?

Perhaps they've finally decided to do the right thing and not add new items knowing full well it would introduce new bugs/the items themselves are bugged. I would love for that to be the case. It would be a big step forward from the "make it live, we'll fix it later" mentality they've had thus far.

It's their game, they can do whatever they please to it. If you don't like it, move on. Really, people complain about every thing Bioware does. They will never be happy. Even if EA/BW did everything they wanted, they would still find something to complain about. Subscriptions do not support this game anymore. If they didn't put things in the CM that encourage purchases, you would not have a game to play.

Uh, just because a company CAN do something, rarely means they should.....

It's exactly that sort of attitude, that "Hey, this is our game, if you don't like it, you can leave" mindset that caused a slow bleed, and eventual mass exodus from the game early last year, just months after launch.

Edited by rbkrbk

Maybe some people bought said items right before the discount and lost a tad bit of CC / cash due to this?

Fair point! Actually, I didn't quite understand what discount meant in this case. I thought it meant a permanent reduction in price for CM items, not a temporary discount. What to do about people who already purchased stuff :rak_02: Hmm...

Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Cartel Market Update: February 26th, 2013 blog in this thread!

I will say that the cartel packs are the biggest rip-off in the history of rip-offs.

I bought four of them, spent 1.2 million. Got about 20k worth of junk....and I mean useless junk that one can buy for peanuts on the GTN. LOL Could not even vendor some of the worthless junk and had to destroy it. I've seen guildies buy 10 to 20 and get nothing but a locker full of worthless junk.

I mean, I don't care. The 1.2 mill didn't really bother me because I'm making good credits re-selling packs, armor, and other junk that people just want to get rid of.....as that is all they are good for....especially the "classic" items.

Overall though? For the average player? I'm really surprised that you can put this junk out there, charge huge pricing for it, and do so with a straight face. I hope this is something that is going to improve in the future.

Edited by Blackardin

It's their game, they can do whatever they please to it. If you don't like it, move on.

I'm going to guess that the entire team cringed at this statement. LOL This is why the game is in the state it is currently, because people did just that, by the almost 1.5 million. They have made a slight recovery with the, Cartel Market, but as we can see with packs being discounted, that this idea is now diminishing. That is mostly because of the junk and lack of usable items inundating the packs.

The Space Pirate packs and the flooding of "classic sets" didn't help at all. They whiffed on that one. People were upset not because they necessarily wanted those sets, but because the work they put into them when they were rendered obsolete by the new sets. We didn't want them back, especially in bulk. LOL.

Either way, I imagine the new expansion will revitalize the game for another period of time as will new better equipped packs, new armor sets, new operations (even beyond the expansion), new events, new Flashpoints and Warzones, fixing some of the crafting messes (like the RNG or UT missions).

Overall, failing to acquiesce to the demands of one's target demographic and provide desirable products for their customers would be the worst move any company could ever make, mine, theirs, anyone's. Lets hope they continue to work in the direction they have undertaken, that the increase in revenue will help them to do so as, on a personal note, I do enjoy the basic game, raiding, crafting very much in this or any MMO. .....but even I'm hanging on by my fingernails at this point and it is only my new guild that is the keeping me here currently.

Edited by Blackardin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.