We Still Need a Stable World PvP

lucotas

so you are saying you don't want world pvp in this game at all? a real world pvp made by bioware and not players

He is not saying that at all and your assumption is baseless. He is saying if YOU are interested in WPvP then organize events that promote WPvP for now. Perhaps EAware will find a way to incentivize that style of play that won't have any tacit "expoits" but, until then if YOU want WPvP make it happen. That is what he is saying. You can do something to solve your own problem in this regard but, it will take work on YOUR part. :cool:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you are saying you don't want world pvp in this game at all? a real world pvp made by bioware and not players

no that's not what i'm saying. As I said before, I'm all for WPvP.

what i'm saying is that the people who want WPvP for the sake of WPvP (people who won't abuse the system for quick rewards) are a small percentage of the games population. It is not a priority to cater to a small percentage when people are constantly crying out for bug fixes and more PvE content and better looking gear etc.

He is not saying that at all and your assumption is baseless. He is saying if YOU are interested in WPvP then organize events that promote WPvP for now. Perhaps EAware will find a way to incentivize that style of play that won't have any tacit "expoits" but, until then if YOU want WPvP make it happen. That is what he is saying. You can do something to solve your own problem in this regard but, it will take work on YOUR part. :cool:

yes basically this :cool:

Edited by Cmdluke

If you remember, ilum used to have kill quest dailies. people just kill traded. you can't force people to WPvP. either they do it or they won't. When rewards are involved, people will always take the quickest, most efficient route to those rewards.

Well said, also (and forgive me if I'm missing a glaringly obvious point) but aren't PVP servers all open world pvp? If people want world pvp why don't they roll on a pvp server?

Well said, also (and forgive me if I'm missing a glaringly obvious point) but aren't PVP servers all open world pvp? If people want world pvp why don't they roll on a pvp server?

stable world pvp. read my title please. and we also want reward per kill and dailies. DON'T YOU HAVE DAILIES IN 4 LOCATIONS? BH, Ilum, belsavis and section x? we only have 1 daily and 1 weekly

also you have group finder and raids and more stuff

Edited by lucotas

Even on PvP worlds in SWTOR it is very easy to "avoid" WPvP. There are no options for WPvP until one lands on Tatooine (the only WPvP are on Narshadaa is in the "bonus series area"). "Instancing" also plays a part in "hiding" from WPvP. :cool:

stable world pvp. read my title please. and we also want reward per kill and dailies. DON'T YOU HAVE DAILIES IN 4 LOCATIONS? BH, Ilum, belsavis and section x? we only have 1 daily and 1 weekly

you are still missing the point. Bioware creating WPvP incentives will not get you the WPvP that you want. it will just encourage the kill trading, mission lines that you are complaining about.

The only way to get the true WPvP that you desire is to organize events on your server.

You have now lost your own argument. It can be countered that YOU have Warzones which has a system for pairing people up to face an encounter. You are mixing apples and oranges. :cool:

Edited by Urael

What's more stable than a PVP server??? it's always pvp enabled and happens anywhere you run across opposing faction.. guess I"m totally missing what you're asking for...

you are still missing the point. Bioware creating WPvP incentives will not get you the WPvP that you want. it will just encourage the kill trading, mission lines that you are complaining about.

The only way to get the true WPvP that you desire is to organize events on your server.

no please, i dont want lag. what is the problem with trading? why do you care so much'

What's more stable than a PVP server??? it's always pvp enabled and happens anywhere you run across opposing faction.. guess I"m totally missing what you're asking for...

there is not pvp in a pvp server. just try to see big fights in a pvp server. hahah i would love to

no please, i dont want lag. what is the problem with trading? why do you care so much'

i'm trying to help you get what you want. but you don't want to put in any effort. You call 'kill traders' cowards, then you ask whats wrong with kill trading?

you want bioware to create some magical WPvP experience for you where everyone plays the way you want them to. sorry, not gonna happen.

i'm trying to help you get what you want. but you don't want to put in any effort. You call 'kill traders' cowards, then you ask whats wrong with kill trading?

you want bioware to create some magical WPvP experience for you where everyone plays the way you want them to. sorry, not gonna happen.

I've been following your posts ,and you present good counter arguments.OWPvP needs to be thought out thoroughly before we even begin to ask Bioware to code it into the game.

I've got plenty of ideas.Unfortunately I keep shooting myself down because I figure out a way to exploit it.

I've been following your posts ,and you present good counter arguments.OWPvP needs to be thought out thoroughly before we even begin to ask Bioware to code it into the game.

I've got plenty of ideas.Unfortunately I keep shooting myself down because I figure out a way to exploit it.

thanks. Like I've said, i'm all for WPvP and quite enjoy it if its done right. There have been plenty of spontaneous WPvP encounters that have popped up and have been quite fun.

the guy is making a point, i dont understand why you guys started to blame him. Is it too much to ask for opvp in a mmo ? Every other mmo has some form of opvp yet tor fails on it

Read the entire thread.

He dosen't want to work for OWPvP. There is a method to have OWPvP "now" if he is willing to organize player driven OWPvP events. Neither cmdluke or I are against OWPvP. We both support it. We are just pointing out the falicies in his arguments. :cool:

the guy is making a point, i dont understand why you guys started to blame him. Is it too much to ask for opvp in a mmo ? Every other mmo has some form of opvp yet tor fails on it

The guy is requesting a return to a broken system. People have attempted to explain to him many times now that the system he proposes(when it was previously attempted) results in very little actual pvp, and most people just kill trading. In the sense of actual pvp occurring, this event was at least far more successful than the previous two Ilums(though I don't particularly like the 4 man ffa model or the guild vs group of 4 thing).

Open world PVP shouldn't be restricted to one zone or planet.

There could be a bounty rating/amount applied to any players who chooses to pvp in non-battleground locations. This rating would accrue for everyone a player kills, who has some degree of bounty rating on them. They would take some of that player's rating (% of their total rating) for landing the killing blow. You could have the system work like ranked warzones where players have access to exclusive items: armor sets, weapons, and unique titles.

Killing low-levels/innocents would degrade your rating quickly. There would be a scaling penalty based on the difference between your level and their level. For example, ganking someone 30 levels below you is going to take a lot more rating away than someone 10 levels below you. Anyone within 5 would be exempt from that penalty.

World PVP dailies could be given out, to kill publicly bountied 'solo' NPCs and 'group' Bosses in PVP zones (e.g. Outlaw's den). These would reward some credits, rating, and enhanced bonus for group world pvp. These would also bring active pvpers to the zone. Player kills would still reward more, a % of their total bounty rating. Same faction kills would push your ranking up higher as those Empire/Republic wouldn't tolerate traitors and those players would be bigger targets.

Players on PVE realms who go over some low ranking threshold (500) should have their pvp flag locked on (while they are worth something/have a rating). If they can switch their flag on and off while pvping out in the world it sort of defeats the system.

This way you could fight/collect on players with bounties pretty much anywhere. This wouldn't be a system where players could put credit bounties on other players.

Edited by RAZIMx

Maybe i missed a point, don't know.

But I'm pretty sure that people can choose between starting characters either in a PvP Server or in a PvE Server?

Easy for level 50 folks to go " PVP has got to be total " yay! I imagine how fun it's going to be for the lower levels to be blockaded on any low level planet cuz the moment they step out of base a level 50 force sweeps/smashes them to kingdom come.

And no matter if people won't get even a minimal gain from defating those low levels, you will still get the occasional a****** who will do just that, maybe out of spite, or probably, just because he/she isn't good enough to deal with people of his/her same level, and needs to take out rage on someone who won't be able to defend him/herself.

It is my opinion that no one enjoys world PvP except a very vocal very small minority. And even these few people do not actually enjoy world PvP, they just enjoy greifing, but want to call it something besides greifing to make themselves feel better.

It is my opinion that no one enjoys world PvP except a very vocal very small minority. And even these few people do not actually enjoy world PvP, they just enjoy greifing, but want to call it something besides greifing to make themselves feel better.

Well despite the title and the words being used, the subject at hand isn't actually world pvp but lake PvP(simply mass PvP in a set area). Regrettably, people use the words interchangeably on this forum.

My ideas for world PVP to work and IMO the only way they will be viable.

The main reason why there are not and likley never will be rewards for world pvp is because of the temptation to farm, that is, run with the biggest and best group you cn and look for the easiest weakest target you can. How to stop this:

Create a rep/reward system for world pvp, first, everyone is assigned a point value based on their gear, valor and world pvp "rep" and group strength.

You get rewarded with WZ comms when you complete a fight, win or lose, however its a massive sliding scale, you get the most comms if you beat a high geared, repped or group strengthed player and get zero or even negative rep when you attack someone lower than you.

You lose a fight aganst a much better player you get a moderate amount of comms, you lose a fight against a inferior player you may lose or go negative comms or at a minmum in rep points.

You get the general idea,put some type of incentive for pugs to participate or there will be no world pvp.

because people in this community don't care about it. this game has more single player and first time mmo gamers than any other mmo because of the bioware and the star wars franchise. many people here are just interested in the story/lore of the game.

note - this isn't a bad thing, it just means that you have to work harder at organizing if you truly want WPvP. Go check the community server forums. people are always trying to organize events there. If you want WPvP, try and organize an event on your server.

Don't disagree with the first part of your statement, but those players are not the ones "gaming" the system to come out ahead. They wouldn't be the ones trade killing.

I do agree however, that organizing is more difficult however. But as you mention it can be done. But in order to make it fly you need more in game help. WPvP objectives and dailies of some sort... even if it is capturing or controlling a zone etc.