SWTOR 2.0 update gear

KALELSAB

So all of the effort for lvl 63 gear is worthless now that upgrade 2.0 is here. Thanks BW for making all of our effort mean nothing. I am looking forward to not renewing my subscription.

Okay! Bye! o/

Seriously, what did you expect? Levels raised, new gear to chase after. It's what happens when a MMO raises the level cap. :p

If you don't understand that, MMOs probably aren't you game to play.

So all of the effort for lvl 63 gear is worthless now that upgrade 2.0 is here. Thanks BW for making all of our effort mean nothing. I am looking forward to not renewing my subscription.

Welcome to the world of mmorpg´s, we have cookies.

People saying that "its just how mmos work" have grown to complacent, can you not see gear grind is the ****test way to extend gameplay ever? its poor design and the cap on how many coms you can have shows that. instead of making gear grind the sole reason to play your game add in more quest-lines like the seeds or more fun fps instead of giving the old ones the "hard mode" treatment, i understand that the dev team has to make sacrifices once and a while, however adding in a 70 day gear grind (predicted for elite gear) is just lazy.

but its not all bad, i don't know about other classes but some ultimate gear is not as good as my campaign and bh gear, sure it stacks more endurance and crit wooptie doo, but this may be because BW don't know what they want the sentinel to do :p

And when they add more quests and FPs for those who've obtained the best gear, if these new ones don't give better gear, they complain they're not worth running.

The most powerful FAIL of the expanion is this: all Columi, Rakata and Tionese gear, those that LOOK GOOD AS HELL, are no longer obtainable. They DONT EXIST, they are now, by me, classified as Unique Rare items. Reason. The respective vendors are replaced by CLONE GEAR AND SUCH CRAP! No taste for individuality... teh new 55 gear just looks AWFUL!

All MMOs create new gear sets with new levels. Would you prefer to get equal or lesser armor in the new gear grind? I dont understand your complaint. As for being worthless? Not really. Its a pretty damn good set to have for 5 levels and its not really much different then the new basic gear. Which would give you a leg up in the flashpoint gear grind. Try doing the content at 50 with a set of normal level 50 gear and you will see how worthless your gear isnt.

IMO the only mistake they made was removing the old armor from game. Some people do like the tionese/columni/rakatta gear as well as their PVP equivelants. I never understood why these devs actually remove more things then they add. Its been like this since beta. Put the shells on a vendor for crying out loud. Stop wasting development time on stuff that you just remove.

Edited by Soluss

Actually, it's not useless. You can level through Makeb and even start doing 55 hard modes with 61-63 gear with no problems. Just think of it as transitioning to the next tier (like Campaign to Dread Guard).

Way better than in WoW where you do a little questing and greens will quickly replace your highest tier epics from the previous content.

Dreadguard is certainly not useless, go read Dulfy.net, according to them DG is viable for Storymode Scum & Villainy. Our guild just breezed through TFB HM with most of our members in a mix of Campaign, DG, Hazmat and some Blackmarket gear (from the Flashpoints). Only 2 members actually had any Arkanian (1 piece each). Even with over half our gear being "useless" it was no harder than before 2.0.

We're having our first run at S&V tomorrow and I'm pretty sure there will still be plenty on DG and Hazmat gear in use.

Even good old Tionesse has its uses, I'm leveling my Gunslinger on Makeb (she dinged 50 a week before the update, so Tionesse and a couple of Columi is all she's got) and I'm not feeling under geared, at least not yet.

PvEers got off lightly with the gear reboot, now PvPers they got seriously screwed :p (well not really but they seem to think so :rolleyes:)