Phase Walk Explained [Video]

Cilas

Ok folks. First things first, check out the below video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8bedrKwQb8

Watched it? Good! That video shows the actual description of the ability in addition to showing how the ability works.

I've also tested this in warzones and it is great!

Huttball: plop the phase walk down in the enemy end zone. Grab the ball and sprint through the pit, BOOM, end zone score. Make sure you pop force shroud too so you don't get pulled back.

Voidstar: leave it on one door and guard the other. If the other door is in big trouble, you have a teleport to that door. Remember, you can stay in stealth! ;)

Same goes for alderaan, ancient hypergates, and novare coast

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can tele with the ball?

That should not happen.

This stuff isn't final yet so it could be changed by the time the final version releases. I think it would make more sense to have it be targeted like Shadowstep(?, never played someone put a video on here when the patch notes were datamined) from WoW, where you target an opponent and the ability would teleport you behind them.

That would make more sense to me as in essence 2 or 3 Sins/Shadows could completely dominate a HB match. Whether you could teleport with the ball or not having 3 coordinated Sins/Shadows using this to get a receiver in the goal from 60m would be unstoppable. Port to the edge, catch the ball, shroud/resilience + sprint into goal. God knows how many of these things you can have active at one time so as soon as one scores another one could be standing by to port right back up.

Carrying the huttball and then Phase Walk I'm 99.999999% sure is gonna change before it hits live servers.

I hate taking other games as examples but here goes:

Rift Rogues had this exact same ability, and the first month of Rift being released you could do this exact same thing, carrying a PvP objective and Flashback. (What the ability was called there)

Scenario:

Objectives in that PvP map was simple, it's almost the same as our pylon map except there were only one place to hold I believe, and then there was a church/huge building where there were some crystals you take to your base for extra points.

What you could do was place a Flashback point outside the building, other side of a wall, run inside, grab a crystal, Flashback, run to your base, was really easy to do.

After about a month or less, it was patched and crystals were dropped when skill was used.

Here I'm pretty sure it's gonna be removed before it even hits live servers.

I play a jedi shadow and I firmly believe that you do not give more mobility to the most mobile class in the game. Not only that, but the teleport really doesn't fit the star wars theme. This isn't fantasy like in WoW or GW2. I want to see this ability replaced.

It looks like a very cool ability. One thing I plan on doing is checking how far 60 meters actually is from different objective points. Obviously it's still going to be powerful being able to teleport 60 meters instantly but I've seen people acting like you can drop it at west, go attack and kill east, all while being able to get back to west at the drop of a cat.

I've very excited for the expansion, all of the new skills should really spice up the game. I remember when 1.2 came out and I went from being able to heal myself + teammates through 2 dps being on me to dying to a single dps. I hated it. After realizing I was OP before and still trying to play in that same manner, I learned to play my class and now love it. Hopefully with that thinking process going into the expansion I can just learn to accept and enjoy the changes.

My biggest worry is them not changing things on the PTS. If you follow the dev tracker they've been doing an awesome job responding to bug reports and trying to acknowledge different posts, but we'll see how they actually respond to feedback regarding skills or if they just go off their metrics.

Teleporters should drop the huttball just like stealthing does without question.

My questions:

Does it require LOS between the spot you teleport from to the spot you teleport to?

Does the "bind location" -- the place you mark as the spot you will teleport to -- have a visible marker on it that is visible to enemies or friends?

Teleporters should drop the huttball just like stealthing does without question.

My questions:

Does it require LOS between the spot you teleport from to the spot you teleport to?

Does the "bind location" -- the place you mark as the spot you will teleport to -- have a visible marker on it that is visible to enemies or friends?

LOS doesn't appear to be an issue. I've teleported to the other side of objects

My questions:

I agree with the Huttball drop on teleport, but why doesn't this apply to the 6 other professions with leaps?

I agree with the Huttball drop on teleport, but why doesn't this apply to the 6 other professions with leaps?

The response is self-evident from a balance perspective. But to disabuse you of the notion that they are some how the same, some highlights:

--Those other abilities require LOS.

--Those other abilities require (1) a friendly target to leap to or (2) an enemy to leap to.

--Those other abilities are limited to 30 meters. Phase Walk is 60.

Any questions? :)

The response is self-evident from a balance perspective. But to disabuse you of the notion that they are some how the same, some highlights:

--Those other abilities require LOS.

--Those other abilities require (1) a friendly target to leap to or (2) an enemy to leap to.

--Those other abilities are limited to 30 meters. Phase Walk is 60.

Any questions? :)

Also you can counter a leap, cant counter something that you have no control over such as stealth or a teleport.

Electro Net now can. But seriously this ability is so overpowered it's ridiculous. Without or without a ball this can't go through this way.

Ok, shoot me off some new abilities because looking at what has happened to the skill tress for assassins, deception has taken a hit in requiring more set up time to do less damage, the tanks (really don't play one) have seem to taken a 20% hit in armor, and madness, well madness is still madness.

I play both a sorc and a sin and I couldn't be more excited about these two abilities... patching to PTS right now. :)

I imagine a sin will quickly go from a node guarder to the quickest floater in the game. Imagine moving between mid and side node in CW, by Phase Walking back up on the ledge you jumped off of to get to the side node. Back to mid in 3 seconds.