Operative Stealth Blankit.

Polymerize

I'm chilling in P-Chem right now bored out of mind so I will introduce a topic.

Does any guild or Rated team strategize with the Operative stealth blanket?

The normal refute to not using it is, 'the speed of the team is decreased so it is not good for the team.'

I feel as if this disadvantage is negligible. Your speed is reduced by 15%. Big whoop. Negligible effect.

There are numerous advantages to revolving some strategy around this ability that I can think of. I'd like to know some thoughts from the community about what advantages you could have as a team from developing some strategy coupled with this ability.

I will introduce some thoughts as the thread progresses.

Edited by Polymerize

Blanket.

It's called infiltrate. It lasts 15 seconds and cannot be used if you are in combat or in stealth. It could be a trick, but I believe the overall effectiveness would be negligible.

Just to clarify to all readers, including myself. Could you supply us with all information regarding the ability? Such as how many total Attackers can be hidden by the blanket? How far does the range extend? Is it really 15% speed reduction or is it some other value?

(I'm in class typing on an iPhone or else the topic would be introduced in a much more informative manner.)

Just to clarify to all readers, including myself. Could you supply us with all information regarding the ability? Such as how many total Attackers can be hidden by the blanket? How far does the range extend? Is it really 15% speed reduction or is it some other value?

(I'm in class typing on an iPhone or else the topic would be introduced in a much more informative manner.)

According to Torhead it's every group member within 10 meters and lasts 15 seconds. I know it affects everybody on your WZ team at least, provided they are within those 10 meters. Not sure about the speed redux, 15% seems pretty accurate, however.

Let me introduce a thought.

Instead of using 'Infiltrate' right as your team exists the spawn, why not use it right before the two teams are about to collide?

Anybody like to elaborate on how useful it would be for the other team to not be able to target your team?

Like on a Novare Coast for example.

Team A versus Team B.

Team A does not use infiltrate at all. Team B uses infiltrate.

Both teams use Predation from the start of the match.

Team A makes it to the middle node slightly before Team B. (Team B has a 15% speed reduction due to the blanket.)

Team B has the opportunity to target all members from Team A.

Team A can target no one on Team B.

What advantages would this give Team B? In what ways could Team B coordinate their attack to CC and blaze down members of Team A?

Best uses include.

- Crossing the bridge with our team on Voidstar. That first crossing of the bridge is full of AoE and KBs.

- Switching your focus on Novare, Civil War and Ancient Hypergate. Deciding to abandon mid for example and have your team attack another node. They can spot a group of 4 ocming and have atleast 10 secondes to call that "inc 4 grass" and have reinforcements in no time. But 4 cloaked appearing on the node has got to be impossible to stop.

It's too bad it isn't used more. Most of the time it's used at the beggining of Voidstar, but most defenders dont jump down until they see where the majority of the attackers are going.

Edited by Lionflash

Best uses include.

- Crossing the bridge with our team on Voidstar. That first crossing of the bridge is full of AoE and KBs.

- Switching your focus on Novare, Civil War and Ancient Hypergate. Deciding to abandon mid for example and have your team attack another node. They can spot a group of 4 ocming and have atleast 10 secondes to call that "inc 4 grass" and have reinforcements in no time. But 4 cloaked appearing on the node has got to be impossible to stop.

It is nice to hear about a team at least using Infiltrate for transitions during a rotation; but...

I'm thinking 'Infiltrate' can be useful in ways that teams have not discovered/implemented as of yet.

Edited by Polymerize

Best uses include.

It's too bad it isn't used more. Most of the time it's used at the beggining of Voidstar, but most defenders dont jump down until they see where the majority of the attackers are going.

imo the reason it isn't used more is because you can't use it while stealthed, and if it ends before the operative gets in position, he can't use his opener

imo the reason it isn't used more is because you can't use it while stealthed, and if it ends before the operative gets in position, he can't use his opener

Well, in the situations I am thinking of, the operative would not use Infiltrate until the moment before the big battle is about to commence so time should not be an issue.

And the last thing you should worry about, is an operative healer being able to get off his opener. :D

I'm chilling in P-Chem right now bored out of mind so I will introduce a topic.

sir, i wish you luck. p-chem nearly destroyed me

as far as the operative group stealth, i think it is like 8m and it only reduces your movement speed to what it normally is in combat (since you are out of combat when in stealth, you just lose the 15% run buff we all get).

its hard to keep a whole group in it tho, as this game has some real bad issues with server/client position syncing. you might see yourself right next to the operative on your screen, but the server might think he is farther away from you, and you will drop out of stealth.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

I've seen a handful of people on the Smuggler forums say Smuggle (infiltrate) is one of the worst PVP abilities, which I just shake my head at. It's extremely powerful for moving in a small group for a surprise attack.

The tooltip reads that it puts all members within 10 meters of you into stealth. I don't know why but I was under the assumption that it's only 3 other people that can benefit from it. I'll test it out later I guess. With the enforcer 2 piece set bonus you gain an extra 5 seconds on the duration, giving you 20 seconds total.

The only map I don't really use smuggle on is huttball. Unless you want to piss off your team, smuggle them right out of the gate so they are slow to get to mid... always good to get your team's heart rates amped up at the beginning of the match :D

Voidstar:

On offense I like to take a group of people to 1 side. In a pug I just go up to the powerup then cut to the side I want to go. With guildies we might drop down on that side from the beginning or go a different path, because at the powerup you can get awed (or pulled into combat in other ways) pretty easily. With this strategy you're trying to get them to overload the side you aren't on. A smuggle will last long enough to get all the way to the door, then I'll use my own stealth and go back to slow anyone trying to rotate from the other side while a teammate caps.

As someone else mentioned, another good time to smuggle is crossing the bridge. You just have to be careful for Sorcs who can see 1 visible teammate but catch all your stealthers with their knockback.

On defense I use it after we drop down from the holding area. Since I'm a healer I use my HOTs to time when I should cast it. I cast 3, sometimes 4 HOTs on the team after we get out of the door before smuggling.

Novare:

I've started using smuggle at the beginning of the match right when we get to the hut. My old strategy was to go into stealth right there and try to get a quick cap on the hut myself. Now I'm hoping that with stealth our guardians can jump to their team, or our sages can get their rooted knockbacks off first, plus I still get to sneak in and capture the node.

It's also good for attacking the offnode. The only thing I dislike about novare compared to civil war is the sight lines and distances between nodes are so much longer my smuggle usually runs out before I get there. You just have to do a good job timing when you use it and which route you are going to take to get there.

Civil War

It's really fun to take 2 dps with you and attack an offnode. Send everyone on your team to one node so they freak out calling incs there, then explode out of stealth and kill the 1, maybe 2, defenders left at the weak node.

Hypergates

Sometimes i'll smuggle our team into mid at the beginning, just for the surprise attack. Still up in the air about that. Otherwise I only use it to try to steal the enemy's node if we need it, and only then if I'm taking a non-stealther with me.

Those are about all of the situations I can come up with at the moment. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do it differently, or other times to use smuggle, I'd be glad to hear them, I'm always trying to improve.