Problem with Gree dailies

Uldihaa

Two daily Gree quests have a spawn location issue with "summoned" targets. One is the Pirate Captain spawning right next to a gold elite and it's adds. The second is the test beast chip quest and it's final target. At least one location has it over lap with the spawn point of two silver elites.

Due to the nature of dailies and the increased spawn rate, you can literally kill the lesser targets, heal, summon the primary target and be faced with a re-spawn before killing that target.

You might want to take a look at all the spawn points and make sure there isn't any overlap.

There are what... three spots to do the pirates? One of them does not have the overlap I believe. I think it is the one to the north of the imperial base. As for the one with the chips, there is a spot outside the imperial base that does not have any adds. Most people just go to the center part and kill there. Not sure why everyone is drawn to the center of maps...

Two daily Gree quests have a spawn location issue with "summoned" targets. One is the Pirate Captain spawning right next to a gold elite and it's adds. The second is the test beast chip quest and it's final target. At least one location has it over lap with the spawn point of two silver elites.

Due to the nature of dailies and the increased spawn rate, you can literally kill the lesser targets, heal, summon the primary target and be faced with a re-spawn before killing that target.

You might want to take a look at all the spawn points and make sure there isn't any overlap.

I know what you're talking about. It's still doable, but it does seem like a strange thing to do on their part. If they would move the summoned add closer to where you summon it, it probably wouldn't be an issue. Perhaps they'll be able to fix that next time around.

I've run that quest line on multiple level 50s through the past week and have yet to run into that problem.

I believe the solution is to up your total damage output on the summoned elite so that he dies quicker.

They re-spawn in less than 60 seconds.

Have you tried dragging it off a ways after it spawns so the respawn doesn't bother you when it pops back up?

It's a ranged-type and literally surrounded by mobs that spawn roughly every 60 seconds. The only line-of-sight breakpoint would lead him right through another group of mobs.

Yes, I ran into that problem with my fresh 50 Gunslinger in Recruit gear. The beast/chip mission wasn't a problem, I was able to kill all 3 without a hassle. But the pirate one... that was painful. I finally managed to concentrate solely on the Pirate Captain, and I was able to kill him before I died again. Then I rez'd and killed the remaining group, then looted the body. It's not a process I'd like to repeat. I think the solution is to just go to the other Pirate camp, where this isn't an issue.

Note: I think this is only a problem for the newer 50's. My main (Guardian Tank in Columi/BH mix) has no problem taking on the entire pirate group at once.

Edited by old_benn

Yes, I ran into that problem with my fresh 50 Gunslinger in Recruit gear. The beast/chip mission wasn't a problem, I was able to kill all 3 without a hassle. But the pirate one... that was painful. I finally managed to concentrate solely on the Pirate Captain, and I was able to kill him before I died again. Then I rez'd and killed the remaining group, then looted the body. It's not a process I'd like to repeat. I think the solution is to just go to the other Pirate camp, where this isn't an issue.

Note: I think this is only a problem for the newer 50's. My main (Guardian Tank in Columi/BH mix) has no problem taking on the entire pirate group at once.

I'm not complaining so much as attempting to alert to them to something that should have been noticed on the PTS. The content isn't restricted, so the placement of mobs needs to be considered for all participants. It's something they might want to keep in mind for the next event.

Clear the group next to the summon device. Set pet to passive and summon pirate Captain. Run out of respawn areas. Captain will follow, might take some incentive with a few ranged attacks and backing up to get him to follow since he's ranged attack. Once in safe area turn off pet passive and burn down boss. Works every time.

I'm a recent 50 with mostly Tionese (just two pieces of Columi). I'm a DPS assassin and keep Talos out for heals. I have no problem taking out the group, seething, summoning, and taking out the Captain before respawn. I'm not saying it works like that for everyone, but it should be doable for most people.

That point being made, I must state that I agree with the OP's main point. Why do these have to be so close? They could set the trigger off to the side somewhere, instead of in the middle of that hot mess.

Really???

The captain is easy because YOU SUMMON HIM. So summon him just after you kill the other MOBS first.

The beast one, once he spawns you can tag him and drag him away from the respawn point and then the other MOBS wont bother you when they respawn.

People need to engage their brains first instead of coming here complaining. Heaven forbid you actually have to think while playing.

They re-spawn in less than 60 seconds.

Yeah, I still believe the remedy is increasing your damage output.

He has 35,200 health. If you can pull 750 dps you can kill him in 45 seconds. If you're a tank, pull out a dps companion to help with the fight. If you're a healer, you should dps along with your companion. If you're a dps, that amount of damage shouldn't he hard to do alone.