Expertise system

JackNader

I don't care about catering to "casual" PvP'ers...this whole thing is an annoyance. I worked my but off, got face stomped...for what now? I don't care if someone says, oohh i want to try PvP now and get rolled and they quit. Yay no more person with that fail attitude!!!! That is probably the exact person that goes to the node halfway in the match to farm defensive medals. That attitude sucks in warzones, so lets weed this out and make people work for thier gear. No one remembers the old style MMO's where you NEEDED to grind for WEEKS and get rolled over and pummeled just to get some gear. People felt more like a community, and they felt like they ACCOMPLISHED something. Why can't we go back to that model instead of changing it for crybabies?

You must be quite young, as in the old style MMOs you lost all your gear upon death. You could attack anyone anywhere. That, my friend, was hardcore.

Your gear based attitude is care bear style ( I grinded for my gear, now I am uber. I still cant press the right buttons at the right time, but hey, I have the gear, I dont have to ).

Every system that gives an advantage in PvP via gear, that is not lost upon death, is for crybabies. In the old days gear grinding and pvp was mutually exclusive !!

"Ceterum censeo gear-dependency esse delendam."

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gosh darn I didn't even think about that. I hope not. I want to keep using my white saber crystal that I bought for 2.5 million waaaay back when game first came out.

I know your feel. My whites are all cartel market ones but still, gotta replace the black-purple and the purples i have now too >.<.

gosh darn I didn't even think about that. I hope not. I want to keep using my white saber crystal that I bought for 2.5 million waaaay back when game first came out.

You do need the new gear, but the crystals are still +41 in the new tiers. All the new gear has +40EXP and, on average, have about a 30% increase in main and endurance. All the stats have also been reallocated and you need "new" trade-ins for the next tier after the LVL 55 entry gear (AGAIN!!!). It's hot garbage.

I know your feel. My whites are all cartel market ones but still, gotta replace the black-purple and the purples i have now too >.<.

I know BW has said they weren't going to bring in new crystals and augs for some time. Can anyone confirm if the level 55 stuff uses new crystals/augs?

You do need the new gear, but the crystals are still +41 in the new tiers. All the new gear has +40EXP and, on average, have about a 30% increase in main and endurance. All the stats have also been reallocated and you need "new" trade-ins for the next tier after the LVL 55 entry gear (AGAIN!!!). It's hot garbage.

orly?!

I do like the complexity of gear min/maxing (a sort of mini-game). I DO NOT like the grind to get the items for min/maxing.

Oh and Fregger :) I love when someone wants to call me carebear and make assumptions about my skills. If you think i just press buttons and am totally gear dependant then you blah blah blah lol I dont care to retort :)

I would rather just play with you, and kill your avi That would be an awesome challenge!!!!!! To destroy a "truly hardcore"player!!!!! omg im excited!!!!!!!!!

I do like the complexity of gear min/maxing (a sort of mini-game). I DO NOT like the grind to get the items for min/maxing.

I know how you feel. There should be 3 vendors for each bass class:

1. A vendor that sells the Armor Shells with Armoring in them

2. A mod vendor that sells the different types of mods for that class (make it cost credits ontop of the comms just to fill in that credit sink from pulling stuff)

3. A single enhancement vendor for everyone!

Right. Old gear is obsolete for endgame PvP. New gear has 3 tiers. Nothing to see here, move along ...

I can't say I didn't warn people.....

Drink from the river of knowledge my friend.... But don't be surprised if they buff expertise again, I would...

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/22/swtor-pvp-gearing-changes-in-2-0/ <apparently it's true, it's not letting me insert a link for some reason.

Woot I'm glad I kept my expertise crystals.

It's kind of weird seeing the same item level on the mods, but the new ones having much higher stats. I don't understand how that works. Did they completely redo their stat scaling distribution or something?

Edited by Smashbrother

it does lol any WH player slaughters a full DG player on ilum or anywhere, the damage is just sky high, if it didnt work like u said it would be the other way around.

I was going to ask a question about Bolster and Open World PvP but having read all the posts it seems apparent that it simply wont. Meaning Open World PvP (out side Ilum which I believe does bolster) will be a joke to PvE players.

I have to say I would like to actually take part in PvP but currently the idea of having to grind gear back up using recruit or even PvE gear while being slaughtered and being the weak link on my team time after time is repugnant and I am sure a lot of other PvE would like to join in casual PvP with the difference being skill and not gear. And while I am not a PvPer I wonder if some of them would like to use PvP gear in flashpoints and opps without having to grind out a second set of gear.

Why BW had to introduce expertise is beyond me. Wouldn't most PvP players rather win through skill over gear? While this stat exists no matter how often BW claim it will be less about gear and more about skill in 2.0 expertise will turn a lot of players off from PvP. I know it was designed to have players have to invest twice as much time to get end game PvP and end game PvE gear but I think this is failing as all that happens is people feel excluded from a lot of content.