Solo HK-51 Question

JerForceOne

Hi gang,

I've got 4 50s and and couple more getting close. I Solo 90% of the time as I have 3 young kids and frequently have to go AFK. How much of the HK-51 quest can actually be done solo? I'm assuming the false emperor cannot be solo'd. But as for the rest of it, any thoughts? I have a 50 Jedi Guardian with war hero PVP gear and Augments in all. I've got a 50 Sith Marauder also with War Hero gear. A 50 Vanguard w/ the basic free tionese gear, and a 50 Sith Sorcerer also with the basic tionese gear. Any thoughts or advice would be very helpful. Thanks!

There are two flashpoints you need to get parts in. One is Maelstrom Prison/Foundry and the other is False Emperor.

The first one needs to be done in Hard Mode, FE can be done in either Story Mode or Hard Mode.

Other than that there are some Heroic 2+ quests that give parts. You should be able to solo the Heroic 2s. I would take your best geared player there, just to make your life easier.

As for the flashpoints, I've never tried False Emperor solo in SM, so someone else would need to speak to that. I can't imagine trying to solo HM Maelstron/Foundry without top-end PvE gear both for my and my companion. You can always give it a try, but be prepared for lots of wipes and big-time repair bills.

My recommendation would be to ask in gen chat if someone would be willing to do an HK-51 run specifically for the parts.

What server are you on?

There are two flashpoints you need to get parts in. One is Maelstrom Prison/Foundry and the other is False Emperor.

The first one needs to be done in Hard Mode, FE can be done in either Story Mode or Hard Mode.

Other than that there are some Heroic 2+ quests that give parts. You should be able to solo the Heroic 2s. I would take your best geared player there, just to make your life easier.

As for the flashpoints, I've never tried False Emperor solo in SM, so someone else would need to speak to that. I can't imagine trying to solo HM Maelstron/Foundry without top-end PvE gear both for my and my companion. You can always give it a try, but be prepared for lots of wipes and big-time repair bills.

My recommendation would be to ask in gen chat if someone would be willing to do an HK-51 run specifically for the parts.

What server are you on?

Harbinger, thanks for the tips.

Depending on your class / gear, SM FE portion can also be soloed, I did it on my Scoundrel. The ability to stealth is likely the key, as is having your tank or healer companion very well geared,

That said, it's much faster / less stressful to just get a group, even if it's a random pug, to knock it out.

I'm assuming the false emperor cannot be solo'd

The only thing i was not able to do was the Jindo fight because i think the turret was bugged for me. Everything else i was able to solo. But without downing the Jindo fight, the doors that you need open just before the Jindo fight wont open.

Ill have to give it another shot to see how it goes

Edited by haliy

I did both the heroics solo with almost full War Hero PvP gear I did still have the BM legs. The last one when you are going back to pickup HK can be tricky must use a healer companion. The enemies self heal making it a tough fight you have to interrupt every heal you can and burn down one at a time as quickly as possible. Edited by LukeSaberRattler

I soloed all of the quest on the Republic side, except for the FPs and the final H2 mission, on my Scoundrel healer, which is in a mix of Tionese / Columi. I did not have any problem with anything except that final mission. The boss fight on the haunted ship took a bit for Corso to kill him, but that's only because I stupidly forgot to use the stim that nerfs the boss so you can kill him quicker. I think you should be just fine in full Tionese; I did not feel hard pressed as a healer with a tank companion in any of the encounters.

People say they have soloed the final H2 and that it's "doable," but from what I experienced in three or four tries at it, I believe that's only if you're stupidly overgeared, as many are these days. I just waited until prime time and spammed a bit in general chat while hanging out in Section X, and then it was a really simple run through with two people.

Since you can unlock HK on alts for credits or Cartel Coins after unlocking on one character, I'd say just do the quest on your best geared healer with a DPS or tank companion, or any tank character with a well geared healing companion. You should have an easy time with everything except the last bit that way. Then you can just buy him for your lesser geared toons and not have to repeat the quest. Running it on a healer or tank will also make it easy to get a quick queue for the two FPs that you need to run; much easier than any DPS toon anyway.

The most annoying part will be scanning for the parts, but even that only took a couple hours.

Edited by Heezdedjim