5h:45mins

Leafy_Bug

Dear BioWare,

I have been in your betas, I have played this game since launch, I had no issues with my subscription until this weekend where you cancelled it for no reason. From yesterday, to today, I have done nothing but be on the phone and listening to your star wars song. When someone finally picks up and transfers me, you hang up on me.

You kept me 5h and 45 minutes on hold for a problem that got sorted in 30 seconds. I have no words to describe how I feel as a customer and as someone who runs one of the biggest republic guilds on TOFN, I can wholeheartedly tell you that I will not recommend this game to any of my friends.

I have been an avid SWTOR supporter and have always nudged people to get in the game. I have lost faith in you completely and I hope that one day one of you customer service people have to face a 5h and 45 minute song until someone sorts your issue.

And you have to pay for it.Just hang up if they dont aswear after 10 minutes and try later.

Well that is an option if you have other means of contacting them. I have spoken with so many low level representatives I said we will go out for a drink. James, JJ and others have checked the waiting time from level 1 to escalations and they are all between 30-60 minutes. Goodluck with that strategy of hanging up every 10 minutes, you will never get to talk to anyone.

Thanks for your rant. Good day

Thanks for your valuable input. I will save you some tissues when you got an issue and you spend your whole day listening to their SWTOR song :D

Edited by Leafy_Bug

When did you do this? A five hour call?

Friday night I called them about my security key and was on hold for 40 minutes. Obviously not optimal but bearable for me. (I've worked in call centers before and dealt with people on hold for an hour, they tend to not be very nice :-)

When did you do this? A five hour call?

Friday night I called them about my security key and was on hold for 40 minutes. Obviously not optimal but bearable for me. (I've worked in call centers before and dealt with people on hold for an hour, they tend to not be very nice :-)

Contrary to popular belief in this thread, I did not rage at all or shout. I simply said that after 5h and 45 mins of waiting, if they do not sort my issue I will never call back and they lost a customer. I said nothing else, James from escalation was the most supportive guy but you cannot simply make up like that given the response time. I spent 5 pounds of skype credit and the constant hang ups really irk me. If I look at the average pick up times I can explain how things go :

1. Phone call, machine picks up, select the billing person.

2. 45 mins to 1h 20 mins , someone picks up.

3. Ask your security questions, see its you the account owner, transfer to escalations.

4. 40 minutes later, they hang up on you.

REPEAT!

Thank you for sharing?

You are most welcome *hug*

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Dear BioWare,

I have been in your betas, I have played this game since launch, I had no issues with my subscription until this weekend where you cancelled it for no reason. From yesterday, to today, I have done nothing but be on the phone and listening to your star wars song. When someone finally picks up and transfers me, you hang up on me.

You kept me 5h and 45 minutes on hold for a problem that got sorted in 30 seconds. I have no words to describe how I feel as a customer and as someone who runs one of the biggest republic guilds on TOFN, I can wholeheartedly tell you that I will not recommend this game to any of my friends.

I have been an avid SWTOR supporter and have always nudged people to get in the game. I have lost faith in you completely and I hope that one day one of you customer service people have to face a 5h and 45 minute song until someone sorts your issue.

Thank you for sharing?

Dear BioWare,

that is outrageous. However, I did recently have a serious issue with my account. I used email and got it sorted quickly.

that is outrageous. However, I did recently have a serious issue with my account. I used email and got it sorted quickly.

Payment issues cannot be sorted via e-mail. I had to ask friends to open tickets in game and on the forums hoping I would not need to call. They all directed me to calling BioWare knowing this is how their service works :(. Why arent there alterate solutions for situations like these? I get it, EA has put most of the SWTOR staff on other games and two people work in a call center. Then at least give us an e-mail option, don't force me to call...

Yea, I'm not sure what happened with your escalation issue. 5 hours all together is a Customer service failure. That's why I was wondering when you attempted to contact them. Was it off hours? Normal hours?

My experiences with CS have all been good. I have no complaints, but then I also have never had an escalated issue. So, apparently they didn't have many people working escalations when you called.

Edited by Alpine

I recently had an account issue. I called Billing at 7am Eastern US Time on a Sunday, had 3 minute wait time, and my issue got resolved fast. I am placing this info here in case people want to try alternative (early morning?) call times, too.

Have you never been call to a customer support line for anything before, it's almost always a huge wait, so many tv shows make cliche jokes about it because it's so common. I've spent a whole weekend on multiple calls once.

Sure it's bad but EA isn't the only one.

Have you never been call to a customer support line for anything before, it's almost always a huge wait, so many tv shows make cliche jokes about it because it's so common. I've spent a whole weekend on multiple calls once.

Sure it's bad but EA isn't the only one.

I am sorry but if you compare 5h 45 minutes to 'almost always a huge wait' then .... OMG :eek:. I spent almost a working day lol.

Dear BioWare,

You kept me 5h and 45 minutes on hold for a problem that got sorted in 30 seconds. I have no words to describe how I feel as a customer and as someone who runs one of the biggest republic guilds on TOFN,[ I can wholeheartedly tell you that I will not recommend this game to any of my friends.

so you felt the need to say how big ur e-peen is? see bolded, id care more if u was a REGULAR PERSON

or does you being a guild leader make you somehow special?

Edited by JJwaaa

These always seem to have an eerily similar opening gist "I was your staunchest supporter until X thing happened to me instead of sebody else..."

I am sorry for your bad experience with phoning CS but have read more "my wait wasn't that bad" notes in ese types of threads then I have hold tome.horror stories leading me to believe they are the exception, not the norm

for my own experience calling CS to remove my old security key when I got a new phone, it was 30ish min

Wait with the issue resolved less than 5 min into the conversation

so you felt the need to say how big ur e-peen is? see bolded, id care more if u was a REGULAR PERSON

or does you being a guild leader make you somehow special?

I have to thank you for showing me that I was not clear. My point was not to be superior or mock. It wanted to reflect that I have given this game 15 hours a day for the past 6 months as I have had a very flexible schedule. I have always looked on helping people out and have put 'enjoy SWTOR' as our guild's mission statement. With bugs with issues, I haven't stopped caring about the game. This is what I wanted to say with that but I guess you are surrounded by too many arrogant people who use the GM excuse as being superior.

My customer service experience has been a great wake up call that as much as I try to improve the community of TOFN, my efforts are futile as the creators of the game do not really care about anything except their cheque. Case and point, cartel market takes priority over bugs that have been in the game for a year. That is not the topic here, the topic is how loyal customers are not treated right.

Why did you not hang up and make the call again?

Just some additional info: They have different tiers of customer service. The most basic / simplest / lowest tier of their customer service is done by a call center outside the US. Not exactly BioWare itself though the call center "tries its best"

Why did you not hang up and make the call again?

Just some additional info: They have different tiers of customer service. The most basic / simplest / lowest tier of their customer service is done by a call center outside the US. Not exactly BioWare itself though the call center "tries its best"

There was no need for me to hang up, they did that for me while I was finally waiting for a solution to my problem. They put me back into the over 1 hour wait time before I could be transferred again. I have called the UK centre and nobody answers under 1 hour of being on hold. So these, 'why didnt you hang up and call back' would have made it a 24 hour wait time.

Whilst I don't necessarily agree that you should be kept on hold for near to 6 hours in the hope that a simple issue can be dealt with it seems massively excessive on your part to sit on hold for that long. I mean really, do you not have anything better to be doing? Most people (and I speak for people I know; family, friends, colleagues, etc) would simply hang up the phone after say 15 minutes and try again later.

It was your choice to sit in a phone queue for 6 hours. If you don't like the wait time, the onus is on you to terminate the call and make arrangements to contact later. EAware aren't responsible for the misuse of your time, you are :confused:

So now I am to blame for trying to sort my issue with BioWare customer service ? :eek: How did we end up from me being on hold for almost 6 hours to me being an idiot for waiting that long? Really, we start to detract from the real picture and insult someone who has been wronged by BioWare on two levels? Please find below ...

1. They cancelled my sub for no reason. No e-mail no nothing.

2. Their Paypal system refused to accept my resub

3. I waited the 'magic one hour' they say in their message and nothing happened.

4. I followed BioWare procedure to call their customer service and they jerked me around for almost 6 hours.

5. They same card on the paypal account that was cancelled by BioWare is working now.

I have over 10 million credits, 5 level 50s all denova nightmare able, my toon is the GM of a very big guild, logging f2p for me was not an option but a very last resort to pass the gm to someone else and quit the game by being kicked out without doing anything wrong.

I know Irisa, played with him on our no-more-existing server where we maintaned a riendly rivalry on pvp and I even made an alt in his guild shortly before transfers. This guy is credible I and there is no way this is a troll post. 5 hours and 45 minutes. Damn.

Hey stahl,

Yeah ... quite a sad situation and it seems that the consensus on these boards is that everyone is a troll nowadays. :rolleyes:. What is even worse is that I end up justifying myself in a thread in which I am the clear victim of poor support and lack of respect.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

I have to thank you for showing me that I was not clear. My point was not to be superior or mock. It wanted to reflect that I have given this game 15 hours a day for the past 6 months as I have had a very flexible schedule. I have always looked on helping people out and have put 'enjoy SWTOR' as our guild's mission statement. With bugs with issues, I haven't stopped caring about the game. This is what I wanted to say with that but I guess you are surrounded by too many arrogant people who use the GM excuse as being superior.

You obviously love the game, or you would not spend 15 hours a day (15 hours a day?!?) playing. It would be a shame if you let one bad CS experience ruin your opinion of the entire game. Just chalk it up as one of life's bad experiences and get back to having fun!