I fixed the cost of repair!

LohKey

After the pre-launch interviews where the Devs stated that the cost of dying was going to be low in order to encourage exploration, testing different templates, and in general checking out content to see if you're good enough to beat mob XYZ etc.. It is apparent by my

5500 credit per death repair bill

That they have rolled back their decision. So don't explore the world, stay on the main trail, if you see a mob beyond your level DON"T ENGAGE, call a friend or move on IT'S NOT WORTH IT, LITERALLY YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO TRY IT!

Whatever fanticy you have about being some sort of hero is dead, because the only hero's are people who grind for a few hours a days for credits, or have RL$$ for cartel items to sell for extra credits. because they can AFFORD to be a hero. Us normal casual players, forget about it!

So there you go, stop trying to be heroic, you can't afford it. Ignore the lies about being a hero in your story or you'll end up sitting on the stairs of your faction space station with no money and broke armor.

Play it safe and don't try to explore or anything else stupid like that and you'll be fine.

See problem solved!

Not the best way to get your point across, but if you have a look on the foums BW is looking into the repair cost issues people are having.

Working as intended, you're not a hero, so stop acting like it. If you can't afford the repairs you shouldn't be fighting it. You should spend a few hours first farming credits first because that's what BW wants!

Working as intended, you're not a hero, so stop acting like it. If you can't afford the repairs you shouldn't be fighting it. You should spend a few hours first farming credits first because that's what BW wants!

Well I have no issues with taking on higher level mobs or exploration. Sorry for your loss.

After the pre-launch interviews where the Devs stated that the cost of dying was going to be low in order to encourage exploration, testing different templates, and in general checking out content to see if you're good enough to beat mob XYZ etc.. It is apparent by my

5500 credit per death repair bill

That they have rolled back their decision. So don't explore the world, stay on the main trail, if you see a mob beyond your level DON"T ENGAGE, call a friend or move on IT'S NOT WORTH IT, LITERALLY YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO TRY IT!

Whatever fanticy you have about being some sort of hero is dead, because the only hero's are people who grind for a few hours a days for credits, or have RL$$ for cartel items to sell for extra credits. because they can AFFORD to be a hero. Us normal casual players, forget about it!

So there you go, stop trying to be heroic, you can't afford it. Ignore the lies about being a hero in your story or you'll end up sitting on the stairs of your faction space station with no money and broke armor.

Play it safe and don't try to explore or anything else stupid like that and you'll be fine.

See problem solved!

What about just getting better at the game and thus dying less?

Or is that not something that girl scouts would support?;)

Edited by AshlaBoga

What about just getting better at the game and thus dying less?

Or is that not something that girl scouts would support?;)

exactly, when you're doing a HM 16m and your group wipes you deserve the repair bill because you're not good at the game. People need to get better and stop complaining!

This is not some enjoyment video game, you have to get a job and work for your credits so you can afford not being awesome!

They should rename to from "repair bill" to the "you suck at playing" bill lol

Edited by LohKey

exactly, when you're doing a HM 16m and your group wipes you deserve the repair bill because you're not good at the game. People need to get better and stop complaining!

This is not some enjoyment video game, you have to get a job and work for your credits so you can afford not being awesome!

They should rename to from "repair bill" to the "you suck at playing" bill lol

Wiping on a HM? Only thing that anyone should wipe on is NiM Kephess, so I support the "suck you at SWTOR" bill;)

Edited by AshlaBoga

Wiping on a HM? Only thing that anyone should wipe on is NiM Kephess, so I support the "suck you at SWTOR" bill;)

Oh, you can wipe on others like Gharj again, and of course the ever infamous HK fight in The Foundry because of bugs (we had a Gharj fight where no new islands appeared after the first went down into the lava), fun times!

5500 repair bill?

That's cute, my repair bills are over 100k.

A forceful way to improve CM sales, if you ask me. EA's heavy gouging fist lands another blow.

They're talking about repair from 1 wipe (-10 durability). I think you're talking about zero durability (numerous wipes). Because if it's that high from 1 wipe then that's actually a bug rather than working as intended.

the only issue with regards to repair costs imo is how to balance repairs for ex. a healer who goes through a FP taking close to zero damage, dps taking some damage and the tank taking loads of damage.

Imo the repair cost should be equal for all classes and all roles.

They're talking about repair from 1 wipe (-10 durability). I think you're talking about zero durability (numerous wipes). Because if it's that high from 1 wipe then that's actually a bug rather than working as intended.

Oh yeah, I am talking about 0 dura.

I am a lazy guy, I only fix them when the armour icon turns red :D

my bills are usualy 8k per wipe, but I'm wearing lowish level orange shells with better mods thrown in.

people who wear higher level and/or legacy shells payed 30k plus for that same wipe, in a group I was in.

repairs are definitely bugged.

that said, I never understood why focus on punishing a player for failing instead of rewarding them for winning? if they fail and die, not getting objective should be punishment enough. as well as an encouragement to try again and again.

Lets see last repair bill was 40k not bad for a nights ops run with a few new members, but if we are upset about the cost of repairs maybe we should go back to the old mmo ways where we drop items and have a hour to get back to them before anyone can pick them up :)

Lets see last repair bill was 40k not bad for a nights ops run with a few new members, but if we are upset about the cost of repairs maybe we should go back to the old mmo ways where we drop items and have a hour to get back to them before anyone can pick them up :)

Just take a guess as to why they no longer do this in games.....go on....guess.

if they cant see you in the ship theyll just suck all the air out and then the drop in pressure will cause you to blow up like a balloon :D

And then they'll charge me for the clean up bill. :( I guess I'm screwed at any rate. :p

Edited by Lent_San