Black Talon....crash?

Hello!

I wanted to jump in here and let you know that Eric has confirmed that we made some improvements to crashing issues in the latest patch, but we are aware that this issue may still occur and we are actively working on fixing this.

Hope this helps! Thanks!

Oh! See? The devs are actively working on fixing this ... 1 year ago. OK, 11 months ago.

Try this, devs: completely remove that tiny cutscene from the 2 flashpoints it's in. Don't show the graphics of jumping to light speed--that seems to be what's causing the problem. If you can't fix the game-crashing cutscene, remove it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddity. I've completed the Esseles multiple times without problems. I have my first Imperial character play Black Talon flashpoint and it crashed when jumping to lightspeed?!

Ah well, I still got credit for that, but it was a bit jarring.

Didnt have this issue until today, it crashed on me (without completing the cutscene and arriving on the next world) 4 times.

Thats when I checked the forums, alt tabbing during the jump (as suggested earlier in the thread) worked for me, and I was able to finish.

Just fyi, this still happens for me in both Black Talon, and the reb side equivalent Ess, this happens every time. Does not matter if i am on my xp machine or my win7 machine....both crash at the same spot, the jump to lightspeed. Side note: occurs during the foundry flash point as well, not every time; its hit or miss with the foundry..

• 5 weeks later...
Well it still crashing Jesus this bug has been around since forever. Will try the alt tab trick hopefully it will work. But I didn't get mission completion credit on my Sniper so will have to run it again bit of a pain but hey maybe some thing useful will drop this time.

I'd be inclined to say this is down to the user's PC; a combination of GFX driver, card or CPU.

I've never crashed from a cutscene whilst playing ToR.

While it may be tied to the configuration of a person's PC, especially as not everyone crashes, the fact that almost every group I get has someone crash and that the forums are filled with threads going back over a year with people running different configurations all crashing, I'd say whatever needs to change to keep the crashing from occuring must be done on Bioware's side.

But hey, thanks for the 'doesn't happen to me so must be you' response. Really added a lot to the thread.

And btw, I'm with the poster that believes with as long as this bug has existed, they should just go ahead and delete the cut scenes if they can't figure out how to fix the issue.

And honestly, for BT and Esseles, the 'do you want to go to homeworld or fleet' part shouldn't exist at all.

The FP / daily should finish after the last conversation and people should be able to just use the 'exit' feature and have the option to return to where they were before joining rather than get sent back to fleet or in the some cases have to stare at the loading screen for the homeworld only to then go through multiple loading screens to get back to where they were.

Edited by DawnAskham