The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Discount for subs

RikHar

Players who have subscriptions should have a permanent discount of about 40% on the Cartel Market. Players like this don't play free, they're paying every month unlike the f2p.

It's understandable they (F2P) have to pay full price but not players with subs, especially those who have been here from the start.

I know this will never come true as Bioware will not do anything to alter their cash making, not even for a slight discount. After all, this is where all their attention is currently on. This is their baby, their cash cow.

Edited by RikHar

Yes, as a sub we get coins for 'free' - though I see it more as we are paying part of our subscription fee to get those coins :p

I support the idea of an additional perk for subscribers, as it does no harm to f2p, and may even entice people to subscribe.

Or, at the very least, a discount for all those that bought the Collectors Edition (I am not one of those people).

Edited by JustinKase

Interesting ideas from JustinKase & Fleurdelis.

Us CE owners got some coins when the game went f2p, but that doesn't make up for the lack of promsed new content in the CE store :(

How about instead of an across the board discount for subs, we get a page of special offers available only to us, or maybe a page with the individual items from the packs which we could buy?

While I wouldn't say no to receiving this, don't you think them giving away free coins every month to subscribers is enough?

Not when it's so little of coins.

Most of the items outside of packs requires two months of subbing to purchase one item.

Maybe make special F2P offers that aren't so expensive, like the Dire Warguard (could be off on the name of the item) that requires level 43 (i believe...it's a red robe with armored shoulders), and it's just expensive!

So how about make such an item a level 1 item, with low level mods in them (or none at all) that's actually possible to be bought with 1 months worth of Cartel Coins.

Yes, as a sub we get coins for 'free' - though I see it more as we are paying part of our subscription fee to get those coins :p

I support the idea of an additional perk for subscribers, as it does no harm to f2p, and may even entice people to subscribe.

Or, at the very least, a discount for all those that bought the Collectors Edition (I am not one of those people).

Yeah, we only get 500-something Cartel Coins for having our subscription (I've noticed that other games give 1,000 in similar style). And if we don't want to wait all year for those to amount into the thousands, we have to buy more?

Perhaps a 50% discount for subscribers would be even better - as we'd be able to buy a lot more of the cool items we want from the Cartel Market. Instead of having to pay into the 6-digits in Credits on the GTN later for the items we want - as some players seem to put any price they want to on items there, regardless of it's actual rarity from the Cartel Packs, etc.

And, I happen to be one of the players who bought the big Collector's Edition for around $160 - and was then surprised to see how fast the case of just the game disc went from ~$60 to costing now around $15. Still the 60-Day Game Time Cards are still $29.99 (at Wal-Mart).

While I do like most of the in-game gear that came as part of the Collector's Edition, it would have been nice if there was a special outfit set or maybe even playable species to unlock. Still, I am happy I was able to buy it.

I also had noticed that not all of the in-game music was included on the CE Soundtrack. Would be fun to see another TOR Soundtrack come out sometime. As I've been playing TOR, I've been checking out each jukebox in each Cantina that has one - and writing down the song titles. And so far, I've found more songs than what was on the CE Soundtrack that would take up at least another disc or two.

Comparing price to price, subs should be getting 1500 tokens a month, not just 500. And the prices on some of these items are absolutely rediculous. 1800 tokens for a mount is just ludicrous. Don't forget the fact that allowing people to buy Cartel stuff on the GTN is encouraging people to BUY CREDITS WITH REAL MONEY. And that's illegal according to your terms and agreement. Drop the prices, give subs a discount or increase our monthly allowance, stop ripping of the only members you have LEFT that fully support the game.

I'm more on the side of a "subscriber discount" than on that of a "more coins for subscribers".

You spend your coins, one way or another.

BUT there are also the subscribers who spend money to buy additional coins.

So, I'd suggest to give subscribers a 20% discount on cartel stuff instead, so spending more and additional coins is rewarded/encouraged.

I'd suggest AGAINST offering a discount on the purchase of Cartel Coins for subscribers though. That would only encourage people whos subscription is about to run out to buy a batch, go F2P, and save the coins for later, instead of resubscribing.

I'm more on the side of a "subscriber discount" than on that of a "more coins for subscribers".

You spend your coins, one way or another.

BUT there are also the subscribers who spend money to buy additional coins.

So, I'd suggest to give subscribers a 20% discount on cartel stuff instead, so spending more and additional coins is rewarded/encouraged.

I'd suggest AGAINST offering a discount on the purchase of Cartel Coins for subscribers though. That would only encourage people whos subscription is about to run out to buy a batch, go F2P, and save the coins for later, instead of resubscribing.

Agreed on this. I wouldn't give subs a discount on cartel coins, but I would say more than a 20% discount on cartel stuff. One month worth of coins should net you an outfit, a crystal, or two-three packs.