Maintenance Now???

Prysha

on teh thread it said:

Maintenance

Date: Saturday, February 16th, 2013

Time: 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET/3AM AEDT) until 12PM CST (10AM PST/1PM EST/6PM GMT/7PM CET/5AM AEDT).

but RIGHT NOW ingame it says in 15 minutes servers wil shut down...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea if it is maintenance now, but cannot access the servers, perhaps they posted the wrong time in the blog - which would be an unusual mistake.

Perhaps they had a big problem & had to take them down immediately then decided to bring the maintenance forward.

/shrug

But it would have been nice to have had an update prior to the server outage.

Yep, tried to log in, said servers down 4pm to 6pm GMT (thats bad enough on a Saturday tbh) but at 10.50am GMT all servers showing offline.

But is anyone surprised anymore over mis-comunication or lack of it

I'd be perfectly happy with a lack of miscommunication.

Something seems borked as far as times though.

Maintenance: Servers Unavailable

15/12/2011

All game servers are unavailable as we perform maintenance. The servers will be available again at 7AM CST (5AM PST/8AM EST/1PM GMT/2PM CET/12AM AEDT). Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

2hrs lol

Edited by Glower

It's all good to me (even if the lack of communication is glaring) as long as we don't get another one later. If I see myself being basically unable to play during the whole Saturday I won't be that happy. Edited by Khyle

Bioware is using a new time method or something ;)

Oh well back to cleaning up the house

Yeah, something like micro$oft minutes, eg: m$ countdown -10 . . . 9 . . . 42 . . . . 3 . . . . . . . 275 . . . . . 1 . . . . 50.

Yeah - I just tried to log in to finish off my pvp dailies and servers are down - this is TOTAL BS - we have had downtime every day this week since their (imo) badly implemented event!

Its getting harder and harder to see any positive things with this game - if it wasn't Star Wars (albeit a very vague connection to the SW Universe) I don't think it would have survived this long! But I think if they don't change their ways soon it won't survive anyways!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5865037#edit5865037

Good morning

The maintenance of today is happening from 5AM CST (3AM PST/6AM EST/11AM GMT/12PM CET/10PM AEDT) until 7AM CST (5AM PST/8AM EST/1PM GMT/2PM CET/12AM AEDT).

The reminder message has been updated with the correct times.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Edited by Mofuwic

yeah they updated that message from 10am to 5am, just a cpl minutes ago. Honestly, I have seen some screwed up MMO's before, but I swear bioware takes the cake for lack of communication and frankly.. being ran by a group of amateurs. I thought CCP (EVE Online) was bad with lack of timely communications but bioware makes them look like timely Tina's in comparison.

Edited by Saitada

BW....PLEASE!!.

What is WRONG in there? Its getting very annoying that we cant trust you t give us the right information.

First you postpone your maintenance and now you move it up without updating the website?

It's kinda hard to plan ops when you do stuff like that.:mad:

My suggestion to you guys:

Stop running around like headless chickens, Plan ahead, make your patches and please please PLEASE test them before releasing them onto us.

I for one am getting the distinct feeling that everything you do is based on panic reactions.

I would MUCH rather have longer between new material, and have it work flawlessly, than have 1 patch and two panic fixes with in a few days of each other.

I had snuck on to play a little before my daughter wakes up (couldn't sleep so was running laundry and playing on swtor), and got the 15 minute notice about the servers going down for maintenance. Now I have to actually go and fold the towels I washed, grr, lol. On the bright side, maybe I can finish the book I was working on :cool: