Lethality/Dirty fighting or sab/engineer sniper/gunslinger in RWZ?

krarom

Nah he will easily heal through your "slow even DOT dmg" even with weakening blasted Cull.

:rolleyes:

It is possible. But he would only be healing himself which makes the rest of his team go down. Trek me how he will heal through my wounding +3 other guys?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being sarcastic.

I caught that from the :rolleyes::)

But I was just laying out there that it can be healed through especially by an op/scoundrel.

I had a sniper chasing me around alderaan. He was lethality. I was on my seer sage. But he couldn't get me down because of ask the Los areas. :)

People seem to be under the impression that Leth/DF builds are putting DoTs then running in circles. The only arguments against these snipers are merely theory crafted and irrelevant to an actual game. These frivolous theory crafters can come up with their own counters to Lethality/DF all day long, but we can do that with every AC.

The only issue I see that is relevant with Leth/DF is the lack of under standing how the class works from other classes. Get real. In a RWZ if a healer is using every GC to cleanse who is getting healed? That's a recipe for a wipe. Not sure where this "slow and steady DoT" damage term has orginated, but this class is anything but slow and steady.

People seem to be under the impression that Leth/DF builds are putting DoTs then running in circles. The only arguments against these snipers are merely theory crafted and irrelevant to an actual game. These frivolous theory crafters can come up with their own counters to Lethality/DF all day long, but we can do that with every AC.

The only issue I see that is relevant with Leth/DF is the lack of under standing how the class works from other classes. Get real. In a RWZ if a healer is using every GC to cleanse who is getting healed? That's a recipe for a wipe. Not sure where this "slow and steady DoT" damage term has orginated, but this class is anything but slow and steady.

^^^^ I agree. You can't argue against. 52 kills and 18 killing blows. If it's was so terrible we wouldn't have ask the killing blows.

I guess what I'm getting at is any gunslinger tree is good for PvP.

Which that is why I'm taking my time and testing out each spec. I leveled as a Sab, trying Sharpshooter whenever I get huttball or if my team wants me to be more accessible to target switching (which without a doubt is best at that). I have yet to try Dirty Fighting, but that's only because I wanted to wait until I got my crit a bit higher to generate energy from.

Honestly, whichever spec you are most comfortable with or that just fits how you play, just stick with it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try them all, its well worth knowing what each can and can't do. I know already that a small negative of DF is that you are limited to using just flash bang to knock an opposing Sniper out of cover where as Diversion or the Shock Charge/Incendiary Nade combo allows that. I know that's just against opposing Snipers/Slingers, but I have found myself in more firefights against them in 50s than I had originally thought I would. Although until I play DF, I will see how much of a negative that is to me. Maybe it's worth it, maybe it's not. That's why trying all 3 specs is worth it. Every spec has a place in RWZ, its all about the player.

Edited by BanetheDarkLord

Which that is why I'm taking my time and testing out each spec. I leveled as a Sab, trying Sharpshooter whenever I get huttball or if my team wants me to be more accessible to target switching (which without a doubt is best at that). I have yet to try Dirty Fighting, but that's only because I wanted to wait until I got my crit a bit higher to generate energy from.

Honestly, whichever spec you are most comfortable with or that just fits how you play, just stick with it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try them all, its well worth knowing what each can and can't do. I know already that a small negative of DF is that you are limited to using just flash bang to knock an opposing Sniper out of cover where as Diversion or the Shock Charge/Incendiary Nade combo allows that. I know that's just against opposing Snipers/Slingers, but I have found myself in more firefights against them in 50s than I had originally thought I would. Although until I play DF, I will see how much of a negative that is to me. Maybe it's worth it, maybe it's not. That's why trying all 3 specs is worth it.

That is true about knocking them out of cover. However, ask my main attacks can be done while not in cover, save sabotage charge. And they cannot dodge my burns. I had a sniper yesterday come up on me when I had 50% health. He had just respawned. However I attached my dots and burned through him like a hot knife through butter. Used my dodge on his ambush and I came out with 25% health. I was a bit better geared than he was but still. It is awesome IMO.

That is true about knocking them out of cover. However, ask my main attacks can be done while not in cover, save sabotage charge. And they cannot dodge my burns. I had a sniper yesterday come up on me when I had 50% health. He had just respawned. However I attached my dots and burned through him like a hot knife through butter. Used my dodge on his ambush and I came out with 25% health. I was a bit better geared than he was but still. It is awesome IMO.

How often do you get into cover for Wounding Shots just to make sure you don't get interrupted? That's the one advantage of taking that one second to set yourself up so a basic interrupt ability can't stop your Wounding Shots. Again, I haven't tried DF so I'm trying to check out some opinions and experiences.

How often do you get into cover for Wounding Shots just to make sure you don't get interrupted? That's the one advantage of taking that one second to set yourself up so a basic interrupt ability can't stop your Wounding Shots. Again, I haven't tried DF so I'm trying to check out some opinions and experiences.

Oh for sure. I'm always in cover unless I got diverted. Last thing I want is a smasher jumping on me. I s just pointing out that diversion had limited uses against df

Just thought I'd point out that you can cleanse mid-cull to remove one of the ticks of damage due to the delay in the re-application of DoTs. Also, a healer cannot cleanse every GC because of the cooldown.

Another point is, why wouldn't a healer cleanse when the DoTs do so much damage, cleanse is a negligible cost, cleanse is instant and cleanse heals for ~1k?

As has been stated previously in this thread, lethality/DF is not a bad spec. However, the niché that is fulfilled by lethality/DF is often times overshadowed by the other two specs. It is a case of the other two being more viable in RWZs due to the fact that their tree strengths are more useful in most situations.

Good players using lethality/DF in RWZs is not a case for the spec being better. They can use lethality/DF instead of the other specs for a number of reasons (e.g. familiarity, gear optimisation) that would be unrelated to the RWZ viability of lethality/DF.

To re-iterate: lethality/DF works for RWZs, however most players would see an increase in performance (on average) given the same amount of time dedicated to one of the other specs.

Can't I? Making up numbers is easy, infact I got 90 killing blows on Engineer, can't argue with that. I mean, by all means, roll your lethality, it just makes my job easier.

Don't get your panties in a ruffle. I'm not saying it is the best most op gunslinger spec. And I'm not saying it can't be countered or healed through. But you are saying that because it is a dot spec it has no burst and that it just flat out not true.

Can't I? Making up numbers is easy, infact I got 90 killing blows on Engineer, can't argue with that. I mean, by all means, roll your lethality, it just makes my job easier.

And when I get home I'll see if I took a screen shot. Don't think I did but I met have.

Not according to some.

This is the nonsense I was referring to.

Is it most optimal for ranked? I don't know. IF there isn't a scoundrel or operative on the opposing team I could see it being useful. As good as the other two spec's, I don't know. I try and fraps some vids tonight of me playing DF

Edited by sphyg

The non-sense theory crafters are those narrow-minded like you that claim that lethality has no survivability problems, and somehow, according to your sorry excuse of argumentation, is better against healers. good luck and have fun in RWZ.

The non-sense theory crafters are those narrow-minded like you that claim that lethality has no survivability problems, and somehow, according to your sorry excuse of argumentation, is better against healers. good luck and have fun in RWZ.

I'm narrow minded? Quite the opposite right? I believe all of the spec have similar potential to be viable in RWZs. You on the other hand believe in just 1 or 2 viable specs. So which of us are narrow minded?

Also, misquoting and falsely accusing people is best saved for Washington D.C.. You've done it over and over again in this thread.

are u still on this topic?

SS= one target burst

DF= dot +cull burst

ENg= utility

Gs is a support DPS spec so any of those must fit with the other dps'rs

if u really wanna help ur team u go sab for area denial and some decent burst, but u need some good dps for burst (the real one)

if u go DF and u have synergy with ur team is awsome but the setup is a little bit slower than SS and not the same uyility than SS

anyway GS/Sniper rocks

Edited by Groncho

I don't understand why this thread is so long.

Lethality/Dirty Fighting are capable of consistent uncounterable undermitigated pressure with the added bonus of potentially countering stealth cap-saviors. When we run a sniper odds are she's rockin lethality. What else do you want to hear?

Edited by Blasphemerr