Cybertech Grenades

Foefaller

I'd really like to hear some first hand accounts as to how well crafted grenades work. I'm sure they fuction similar to the ones Engis made in WoW (Ground target AoE) but how is the damage/CC? Do they have and activation time or are they tossed as soon as you click, no interuptions possible? Also, how expensive are resource wise?

Last two are the biggest ones for me, as I picked up Engi as a Warrior in Vanilla WoW, and while I loved grenades for the AoE and CC (especially for a class that, at the time, was lacking in both), with the casting time and the fact they were so damn expensive to use regularly were what eventually downgraded them to just something to grind to the next rank and/or when I didn't have the mats for anything else.

Edited by Foefaller

I'd really like to hear some first hand accounts as to how well crafted grenades work. I'm sure they fuction similar to the ones Engis made in WoW (Ground target AoE) but how is the damage/CC? Do they have and activation time or are they tossed as soon as you click, no interuptions possible? Also, how expensive are resource wise?

Last two are the biggest ones for me, as I picked up Engi as a Warrior in Vanilla WoW, and while I loved grenades for the AoE and CC (especially for a class that, at the time, was lacking in both), with the casting time and the fact they were so damn expensive to use regularly were what eventually downgraded them to just something to grind to the next rank and/or when I didn't have the mats for anything else.

I can't comment on the first part, but as far as expense the final grenades are BoP unlimited use so you only have to make each type once.

The one grenade I used was just tossed. It was a seismic grenade, which meant minor damage and AOE knockdown. A friend basically asked us to test the grenades she made and see what we thought. The grenade was consumable, so once tossed it was gone. I have no idea how expensive or difficult it was to make.

The basic grenades where not that expensive, some cloth and some dense stone made into Dense powder I believe it was. If you want the "good grenades" those with a stun/knockdown/fear/freeze" they where more expensive to make. However during those days (vanilla) Engineering was a very fun professions anyway, flame/shadow/ice reflects, mind controls. Stationary cannons etc.

I've heard, but have not confirmed, that if you take Cybertech, you'll get bop grenades with unlimited uses, kind of like how a Biochem-guy gets unlimited medpacks.

Yeah you do get bop unlimited ones once you get high enough skill in it, cant imagine cost wise it will be much different from any other crafting.

From what I could gather, both biochem and cybertech get bop unlimited items. Biotech gets medpacks and stimpacks (read: flasks) while cybertech gets grenades.

The medpacks are on the same shared cooldown as any other one, but the grenades seem to get different cooldowns. The last build had 5 high-end unlimited grenades, all of which on 5 min cooldown which were *not shared*, so pretty good short term cc in pvp. I anticipate this to get hit by the nerfbat sooner or later though...

The purple grenades are unlimited and some of them do more damage then best of your CD-es for example an incendiary grenade does 2k damage on impact +2k DoT for 12 secs, very nice adage in pvp in open world or, on that tough mob you have problem downing

in beta the BoP unlimited use recipes where a small fortune, per one. I imagine they'll cost alot to make too.

This implies that the schematic is dropped and not acquired through reverse engineering. Can anyone confirm this?

Doesn't anyone know what the cooldown is on grenades and more importantly do they share the same cooldown?

I'm trying to decide between bio and cyber. I need to know how useful grenades are. If its a shared cooldown so you only get 1 grenade each 5min or so that is not as useful as bio's stuff.

Doesn't anyone know what the cooldown is on grenades and more importantly do they share the same cooldown?

I'm trying to decide between bio and cyber. I need to know how useful grenades are. If its a shared cooldown so you only get 1 grenade each 5min or so that is not as useful as bio's stuff.

Grenades have a 5 minute shared cooldown so if you use a grenade, you can't use any other grenade regardless of type for 5 minutes.