Romancing Mako

DivisionZero

What has me bugged is that as a female, I can;t date Mako who is such a cool character...but if they add the options later, will it be too late for me at level 50? If I decline any other male companion, will I be Forever Alone? I'd hope they can add it in and it becomes possible with enough affection...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has me bugged is that as a female, I can;t date Mako who is such a cool character...but if they add the options later, will it be too late for me at level 50? If I decline any other male companion, will I be Forever Alone? I'd hope they can add it in and it becomes possible with enough affection...

She is a tease to my female. She talks about taking a shower and gets all personal and sensitive around my female BH. I always pick gentle and caring options. She follows and envys me. They just need to get it over with and be Lesbos.. sheesh

No Blizz.

But seriously, I think I'm the only one who likes Torian XD

Actually, I'm quite smitten with Torian. <3

I *think* this is what unlocks both romances

In the quest 'Notorious', you choose a date to go to a party on Nar Shadda. Females can pick Torian (my favorite line! "Torian - you're my arm candy') and Males can pick Mako. In my case, Torian offered to help Mako get the ship ready. I insisted he come with me to the party. I suspect that if Torian and Mako are allowed to stay on the ship together, they get involved with each other. I say that because I've seen quest spoilers on database sites that show those quests.

Edited by Kaliren

The romance with mako doesn't make any sense! When I treat her badly and flirt with other women in front of her it should make her want me more but for some reason I get negative affection!? This is very unrealistic.

Unrealistic, but how it should be

If women IRL had some self-esteem and some sense they'd stop looking for the aggressive butthole guys and look for the more decent (albeit sometimes less exciting) guys

I think they wrote Mako how things should be, not how they actually are. That's why people play games, to escape the real world for a bit

If women IRL had some self-esteem and some sense they'd stop looking for the aggressive butthole guys and look for the more decent (albeit sometimes less exciting) guys

I think they wrote Mako how things should be, not how they actually are. That's why people play games, to escape the real world for a bit

It's not always so black and white dude. My girl and many others I've met get turned on by strong, aggressive (some say a-holeish) behavior. It's kinda funny, she has called overly passive guys "chicks". The caveat being, she also expects me to be exactly the opposite with her when were alone.

It kinda makes sense from a chick perspective I guess.

They want a strong, take-no-sheit guy, who's gonna be a good provider/protector, and at the same time someone they can snuggle on the sofa with and talk about their feelings.

If you can pull it off, the rewards can be pretty epic ;p

Edited by crunchybacon

Am I the only BH in the game who doesn't want to marry mako

Nope, but since this is my first BioWare game, Mako was the least creepy choice to check out how they do romance subplots. It's kind of like the 'behind the scenes' additions to DVDs. You may not watch them, but every once in a while you wanna find out what they're all about

Ok I farmed her affection doing Black Talon at L28. I am now at 9300+ affection and still no romance. She did talk in private with me about her past and such but no kiss or ongoing stuff.

Do you have to go through her other quests first? Seems that was mentioned earlier on this thread.

Tks

Edited by Bergor

Ok I farmed her affection doing Black Talon at L28. I am now at 9300+ affection and still no romance. She did talk in private with me about her past and such but no kiss or ongoing stuff.

Do you have to go through her other quests first? Seems that was mentioned earlier on this thread.

Tks

You probably have to finish chapter 2, at least thats how it works with other romances

Even though I am urged to agree; you play a bounty hunter that beats the hell out of people just for looking at him the wrong way. If that doesn't pin you the 'bad boy' type, I don't know what does. The other stuff is just your sensitive side, not really being a nice guy.

As far as same-sex stuff goes, I am glad it won't be implemented on current female characters. My character wasn't written to include romance, and the friendship between Mako and her is definitely not 'anything more', but they do get along strangely better than I initially imagined. Sure I'm upset I missed out on what might be a cool side-feature because I didn't choose male, but I'd be more upset sacrificing RP for it.

Mako is a pretty decent girl, though. Definitely more approcheable than Bastila.

Cheers BioWare.

Even though I am urged to agree; you play a bounty hunter that beats the hell out of people just for looking at him the wrong way. If that doesn't pin you the 'bad boy' type, I don't know what does. The other stuff is just your sensitive side, not really being a nice guy.

As far as same-sex stuff goes, I am glad it won't be implemented on current female characters. My character wasn't written to include romance, and the friendship between Mako and her is definitely not 'anything more', but they do get along strangely better than I initially imagined. Sure I'm upset I missed out on what might be a cool side-feature because I didn't choose male, but I'd be more upset sacrificing RP for it.

Mako is a pretty decent girl, though. Definitely more approcheable than Bastila.

Cheers BioWare.

wait when they implement same sex romance current players will miss out? cause I'm a female BH and i was really hoping to romance mako. and if they implement it i dont want to miss out i guess you can say

wait when they implement same sex romance current players will miss out? cause I'm a female BH and i was really hoping to romance mako. and if they implement it i dont want to miss out i guess you can say

Based on what Mazikeen said :

She won't be able to. BioWare said they will put in same-sex romances but only with new companions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.