Free For All PVP is not a Galactic War

Quinlynn

If you don't like it, don't go there. I for one, enjoy the Ilum addition to the PvP part of the game. And, apparently, so do alot of other people. Don't lump the rest of us in with your opinion. 1.7 is by far one of the best additions to the game. If you don't like it, roll a new character on a server that's strictly PvE. or deal with it. I don't really care either way.:rak_03:

If you don't like it, don't go there. I for one, enjoy the Ilum addition to the PvP part of the game. And, apparently, so do alot of other people. Don't lump the rest of us in with your opinion. 1.7 is by far one of the best additions to the game. If you don't like it, roll a new character on a server that's strictly PvE. or deal with it. I don't really care either way.:rak_03:

I'm entitled to my opinion same as you are.

I'll dump on the garbage BW has added all I want.

FACT remains, free for all PVP is not what this game is supposed to be about and only proves that BW lacks the skill to create faction based OW-PVP.

Jedi killing Jedi is not Star Wars. NICE TRY.

The free-for-all area is actually very small and the instances of it are actually very small as well. Sith vs. Sith makes plenty of sense, Jedi vs. Jedi...well, that's up to your community to decide. If you don't like it don't go there, simple as that. There's plenty of PvE to do in the area...

I agree with op this is the 2nd time ilum has failed all ilum is now is the new section x. They say oh were making this game for you and we listen to feedback well no one asked for a rep grind or same faction pvp.

Objective based pvp is what people wanted all you have to do was make the capital citys on planets captureable to thin out the fights. People didnt respond well to outlaws den so why would you redo the same thing? when outlaws den failed?

Over 1 million people have left this game and all i saw in ilum was mad pver's raging who didnt even know it was a pvp zone lmao.

1.7 is so stupid I canoot even express it in words.

Outlaws Den was a failure so sure, lets make it bigger.

This is supposed to be the Sith Empire vs. The Republic.

BW you are a total and utter failure.

Ok, you want Empire vs Republic...

How many empire players your server has? I think at least 10x more...

So, will be 50 imps vs 10 pubs and you'll come here to cry "ahhh magad BW does nothing, they are so many, fix it baioware".

heres how u fix it put pvp bases on most of the planets it thins out the fight even if the outnumbered side all go to 1 planet to cap the pvp base there they cant be everywhere at once. The problem is were dealing with incompetent devs sigh

Ok, you want Empire vs Republic...

How many empire players your server has? I think at least 10x more...

So, will be 50 imps vs 10 pubs and you'll come here to cry "ahhh magad BW does nothing, they are so many, fix it baioware".

heres how u fix it put pvp bases on most of the planets it thins out the fight even if the outnumbered side all go to 1 planet to cap the pvp base there they cant be everywhere at once. The problem is were dealing with incompetent devs sigh

so 5 imps per planet vs 1 rep per planet is much more fair?

would be more then 1 rep and you have you option to go to other planets to pvp if they put bases on the other planets to take. Even if that were true its better then 30 imps vs 5 reps lol. When you have galactic pvp and pvp spread out it evens out.

so 5 imps per planet vs 1 rep per planet is much more fair?
Edited by publicenemies

would be more then 1 rep and you have you option to go to other planets to pvp if they put bases on the other planets to take. Even if that were true its better then 30 imps vs 5 reps lol. When you have galactic pvp and pvp spread out it evens out.

It doesn't even out, you just have the advandage for the bigger side on many planets instead of having it in one place.

What would be the benefits of that?

"Lol we hold all planets because we outnumber you 10 to 1 and you can't even quest on any planets because we are there and when no lvl 50 are around we just kill the lowchars who wander around."

Sounds pretty dumb to me.

Niether side can hold all the planets at once can they? thats evening it out.. As for the rest thats happening now as it is whats the difference?

Even with the huge faction imbalance it would be impossible to control all the planets the reps would be able to control planets and fight.

It doesn't even out, you just have the advandage for the bigger side on many planets instead of having it in one place.

What would be the benefits of that?

"Lol we hold all planets because we outnumber you 10 to 1 and you can't even quest on any planets because we are there and when no lvl 50 are around we just kill the lowchars who wander around."

Sounds pretty dumb to me.

Niether side can hold all the planets at once can they? thats evening it out.. As for the rest thats happening now as it is whats the difference?

Even with the huge faction imbalance it would be impossible to control all the planets the reps would be able to control planets and fight.

A coordinated bigger side could easily hold all planets at once, just send the people where there are problems and as you have more people you can just fight the other fraction off

The only reason it is FFA is because factions are SO imbalanced across most servers that imps only able to attack pubs would basically mean pubs NEVER complete quests.

Which is basically our fault for all picking empire. Which is also biowares fault for making one side just look and feel so much better then the other :\.

The only reason it is FFA is because factions are SO imbalanced across most servers that imps only able to attack pubs would basically mean pubs NEVER complete quests.

Which is basically our fault for all picking empire. Which is also biowares fault for making one side just look and feel so much better then the other :\.

On JKS it starts to be the opposite because of how bad people think imp pug pvp is and a lot of them rerolled.

Interesting is that now the imps start having a chance in pug pvp again :D

Not really with the all the planets lol theres no way in hell your talking like over 200 players lmao. Even if all the imps went to one planet at once the server couldnt handle it. Theres no way that would work there just isnt that many playing lol

A coordinated bigger side could easily hold all planets at once, just send the people where there are problems and as you have more people you can just fight the other fraction off

Its thier fault they didnt make a 3rd faction.

Not really with the all the planets lol theres no way in hell your talking like over 200 players lmao. Even if all the imps went to one planet at once the server couldnt handle it. Theres no way that would work there just isnt that many playing lol

I see clearly now, you don't have any idea of this game.

The server really couldn't handle that many players, but if I may list you the planets we're speaking about:

-Nar Shaddaa

-Tatooine

-Alderaan

-Quesh

-Hoth

-Belsavis

-Voss

-Correlia

-Ilum

I see no reason, why a good coordinated bigger fraction shouldn't be able to hold all 9 planets

1.7 is so stupid I canoot even express it in words.

Outlaws Den was a failure so sure, lets make it bigger.

This is supposed to be the Sith Empire vs. The Republic.

BW you are a total and utter failure.

Yes, because 200 Imperials vs 20 Republic in a big zergfest slideshow was so much better. FFA is the only way really to counter faction imbalance. The Fray Landing Memorial is there for a reason, you know.

If the central zone was faction vs faction, you'd see the Imperials outnumber the Republic players 10 to 1, making it impossible for them to complete their quests. Then they all either A. go home, stop pvp'ing, which means no PvP in the central zone OR B. switch to an Imperial character, compound the problem, which means no PvP in the central zone.

So either way, in the end you get 200 Imperials sitting around a campfire, cooking marshmellows and singing the Imperial Anthem, all wondering what has gone so wrong with opern world PVP.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Faction imbalance is why we have a solemn memorial and codex in the southern Republic base on Ilum....reallly...go check it out.

Those poor buggers didnt get any npc guards or tenacity buffs to even the odds.....such an easy fix too

and now they are dead. R.I.P.

Edited by supafreak

I'm entitled to my opinion same as you are.

I'll dump on the garbage BW has added all I want.

FACT remains, free for all PVP is not what this game is supposed to be about and only proves that BW lacks the skill to create faction based OW-PVP.

Jedi killing Jedi is not Star Wars. NICE TRY.

You say jedi killing jedi is not star wars, but it happens all the time. Anakin was a jedi and killed his own jedis well atleast in the movie. Jedis turn to the dark side. You as a pub have every right not to kill other jedi, but if another jedi wants to do it then it his will. Sith kill eachother all the time so I see no problem. So the same goes for you nice try!!!

Personaly Ilum is one of the most pointless planets out there... why not remove Ilum and lump the Ilum stuff into Section X or Belsavis itself? nothing would be lost in the process... The Open world FFA PvP though is a welcome additon in my books because there is no real FFA in the Warzones where you get the comms. in all reality i want a Team Deathmatch mode that is strictly kill X number of people to win. That would be fun or an Arena mode like TF2 in a sense where there's X number of rounds that you have to win and if you die you are teleported to the spawn area and spectate till the next round. and when X team hits Y number of wins that team gets Z number of comms and such

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.