So ilum 2.0 - What are your thoughts?

DkSharktooth

I would like to give a shout out to WOOK, I know things got really tense between us (Carnage Gaming) and you all tonight, tempers flared and etc, but good games in those ranked matches and while I can't speak for everyone in CG, I don't have any ill-will towards anyone in your guild.

Hopefully we can put todays spat behind us and move forward and back to killing, or at least trying to kill imps :)

Edited by MOUSEKETEERS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new Ilum event and I don't pvp at all. I can suffer with the mild annoyance while I do the non-pvp quests solo and then make myself group up for the one non-pvp heroic and the instance.

What has steadily been on my mind are the crashes to desktop since 1.4 and no fix for that memory leak. I was also dismayed at the new "fix" on repair costs. As I continue to crash to desktop after a few planet changes or char switches to craft, etc with no help from Biofail, I went to cancel my sub this am thinking I had till 2/16 and saw my billing date was today. I guess they get one more month of blood money from me lol. I have pre-ordered Tombraider and will play that till Elderscrolls comes out.

I am a patient person and went through 7.5 yrs of ups and downs with WoW however, the crashes have finally got to me. Last night I was in a ec weekly pug, the group wiped, I died and game crashed while going back to the med center (which doesn't ever happen) and when I logged back in, I was not in the OP group. That was the straw for me after weighing what I really want from an MMO.

No, you cannot have my stuff :p

ugh... so you pvp'ers just don't get it. We (read pve'ers) don't like you very much. You are all trolls, and this is why you can't have nice things. You're correct; we don't have to do the pvp quests. Guess what? A bunch of us have stopped. Those who continue to do so, are inclined to do it in a civilized manner (read lines). Some of us have even taken to attempting to police the line from savage barbarians such as yourselves. Perhaps if you didn't behave like trolls, there would be more interest in open world pvp. If you were out killing people so that a member of your team could deposit and orb, that would be fine and understandable. Instead you run around killing for no reason. It's senseless. You get no valor, no comms, no credits. You're just being trolls. This is why no one likes you. This is why no one queues with you for ranked. You have less than 100 people who feel the same way you do on a server with a thousand people. You are an insignificantly small population. Bioware shouldn't listen to you. Unfortunately, for all the accusations of crying pve'ers, you are some of the biggest whiners in the game. WHAAAAH...Bioware, the pve kids quit playing with us again, make them bring their toys to our house so we can beat them up agian....WHAAAAAH.

TROLLS...you are all trolls.

ugh... so you pvp'ers just don't get it. We (read pve'ers) don't like you very much. You are all trolls, and this is why you can't have nice things. You're correct; we don't have to do the pvp quests. Guess what? A bunch of us have stopped. Those who continue to do so, are inclined to do it in a civilized manner (read lines). Some of us have even taken to attempting to police the line from savage barbarians such as yourselves. Perhaps if you didn't behave like trolls, there would be more interest in open world pvp. If you were out killing people so that a member of your team could deposit and orb, that would be fine and understandable. Instead you run around killing for no reason. It's senseless. You get no valor, no comms, no credits. You're just being trolls. This is why no one likes you. This is why no one queues with you for ranked. You have less than 100 people who feel the same way you do on a server with a thousand people. You are an insignificantly small population. Bioware shouldn't listen to you. Unfortunately, for all the accusations of crying pve'ers, you are some of the biggest whiners in the game. WHAAAAH...Bioware, the pve kids quit playing with us again, make them bring their toys to our house so we can beat them up agian....WHAAAAAH.

sounds like you're the one crying right now.

Edited by thesadplanet

Did I kill you yesterday?

Unfortunately, for all the accusations of crying pve'ers, you are some of the biggest whiners in the game. WHAAAAH...Bioware, the pve kids quit playing with us again, make them bring their toys to our house so we can beat them up agian....WHAAAAAH.

Exactly who would be complaining if pve players quit playing in the pvp zone?

I don't care what type of player enters the pvp zone. I just wish the mechanics were designed better so people would stop removing the open world pvp from the open world pvp area...

Maybe an analogy will help people understand... Forming lines in the pvp zone is like fighting a raid boss that does move, attack, or do any of the other mechanics that make the fight challenging and fun. You are essentially removing the fun from the game for people that wish to pvp in a pvp area... and THAT is what trolling is.

I should also mention, I have stood on these lines and it IS much easier to finish the quests that way. Like i mentioned before, I blame the design but it does ultimately come down to the players not abusing it.

FWIW

forming a line is actually a form of pvp. group A forms like and enforces it. group B decides it doesnt like waiting in line to deposit their orbs and fights with the enforcers about it. waaallaaaa pvp just happened.

there is also group c. "cough" IDphysics "cough" who like to scout instances for people at the center to harass, call all their freinds on mumble to switch to instance x and murder ppl for no reason other then they already pulled all the legs off of every ant within ten kilometers irl, and dubbing yourself best pvp guild is easier on a pve server then a pvp one.

FWIW

there is also group c. "cough" IDphysics "cough" who like to scout instances for people at the center to harass, call all their freinds on mumble to switch to instance x and murder ppl for no reason other then they already pulled all the legs off of every ant within ten kilometers irl, and dubbing yourself best pvp guild is easier on a pve server then a pvp one.

I actually completed these quests solo last night on 2 different characters. While on Avenn doing the heroic 4 man in the PvP zone I was ganked a number of times by people, presumably, seeing an opportunity to kill a lone ID member. I did not complain nor call in reinforcements. It's why I was in there. I simply returned and continued on my way.

I certainly can't blame the guy(s). Waiting 'til I was the lowest possible health just as I was finishing the quest champion in full PvE gear was really the only way he/they had a chance to kill me. :p

I think there are a lot of assumptions going on here that people need to check.

I actually completed these quests solo last night on 2 different characters. While on Avenn doing the heroic 4 man in the PvP zone I was ganked a number of times by people, presumably, seeing an opportunity to kill a lone ID member. I did not complain nor call in reinforcements. It's why I was in there. I simply returned and continued on my way.

I certainly can't blame the guy(s). Waiting 'til I was the lowest possible health just as I was finishing the quest champion in full PvE gear was really the only way he/they had a chance to kill me. :p

I think there are a lot of assumptions going on here that people need to check.

perhaps my broad stroke of the paint brush colored you without need. However, what i described in my earlier post is most definitely happening, although im sure a few ants were able to hide. :D

FWIW

forming a line is actually a form of pvp. group A forms like and enforces it. group B decides it doesnt like waiting in line to deposit their orbs and fights with the enforcers about it. waaallaaaa pvp just happened.

Throughout this event, I've seen tons of people in your guild camp the center as well as other areas to farm other players. Ive seen groups of 8-10 wook working together to kill like 3 people in a better pvp guild and then cheering themselves on after it. In fact, due to your numbers advantage over basically any other guild on the server, this activity probably occurs even more in this guild than anyone elses. Additionally, why do you even bother to say "dubbing yourself best pvp guild is easier on a pve server than a pvp one."

That statement isn't even relevant to the discussion at hand and is solely thrown in to belittle other guilds on this server who might take pvp more seriously than you. Not to mention the fact that its completely wrong. I have a 50 scoundrel on Prophecy of the Five, which is commonly considered by many to the be the worst pvp faction of any server in this game, and I am still able to carry my team to wins single handedly because people are still extremely stupid across the board.

The actual quests are boring as hell and I don't see myself caring about them at all, but killing other players in the center is a great way to pass the time between wz pops. Needs a pvp vendor, though.

When they take the gree crap away in a week I hope they leave behind enough to keep things fun there.

Additionally, why do you even bother to say "dubbing yourself best pvp guild is easier on a pve server than a pvp one."

That statement isn't even relevant to the discussion at hand and is solely thrown in to belittle other guilds on this server who might take pvp more seriously than you. Not to mention the fact that its completely wrong. I have a 50 scoundrel on Prophecy of the Five, which is commonly considered by many to the be the worst pvp faction of any server in this game, and I am still able to carry my team to wins single handedly because people are still extremely stupid across the board.

Game has no server transfers and most of us picked servers Oct 2011, before we even played the game, for all sorts of different reasons. I'm pretty sure content isn't different on PvP servers right?

I'm also pretty certain Physics did try to re-roll on another server only to discover what we all already know, starting from scratch sucks and isn't worth the grind.

Throughout this event, I've seen tons of people in your guild camp the center as well as other areas to farm other players. Ive seen groups of 8-10 wook working together to kill like 3 people in a better pvp guild and then cheering themselves on after it. In fact, due to your numbers advantage over basically any other guild on the server, this activity probably occurs even more in this guild than anyone elses. Additionally, why do you even bother to say "dubbing yourself best pvp guild is easier on a pve server than a pvp one."

fair enough. the quoted comment was neither relevant nor needed.

Edited by RubenRybnik

The actual quests are boring as hell and I don't see myself caring about them at all, but killing other players in the center is a great way to pass the time between wz pops. Needs a pvp vendor, though.

When they take the gree crap away in a week I hope they leave behind enough to keep things fun there.

Newsflash, no one is going to hang around when the event is over and bioware isn't giving you a terminal. Enjoy your few weeks of fun. Fact is that 99% of the game's players don't care about open world pvp. You trolls just happen to be a very vocal minority.

Newsflash, no one is going to hang around when the event is over and bioware isn't giving you a terminal. Enjoy your few weeks of fun. Fact is that 99% of the game's players don't care about open world pvp. You trolls just happen to be a very vocal minority.

All this negativity when all i said was that I liked pvp'ing in a pvp zone during a pvp event.

All this negativity when all i said was that I liked pvp'ing in a pvp zone during a pvp event.

It's not a PVP event. It's an event. Bioware threw you a bone with two extra missions that grant warzone coms. If it were just a pvp event, they would have left ilum alone and put the whole event right in the middle of the pvp zone.

Edited by Whizle