The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard PvP Specs

Unpleasant

Just from looking at the trees, it looks like Shield (tank) spec will do well, and that Tactics will be the primary PvP tree. Honestly, Assault (shared) seems a little... lackluster I suppose, although it does synergize with itself well. And it also gives you the option of range which makes up for the lack of defensive talents you'd get from the other two trees. Will all three be viable or is there going to be one that outshines the others?

Also, feel free to post about/talk about your specific specs. :cool:

Edited by Unpleasant

Hybrid specs can work, it depends on your style. Mainly the shield tree's top talent can be argued that it's skippable. The other tree's top talents i wouldn't skip unless you were going to be experimenting with something else.

Also any of the trees can PVP at the moment. Unless you're in high end pvp where that extra 2% damage will mean something. Obviously each tree has it's strength. Plus you need to remember that winning in warzons is never about getting the most kills, it's meeting the objective. Hence DOTs to prevent captures and improved harpoon stun may not seems like super great talents but can be excellent when used correctly.

IMO, all the trees have pvp viability, but if you were going to name one as a pvp tree, it would be assault. Increased health, increased stealth detection, damage reduction, cc breaker, cell recharge while stunned...

Solo and support, I will roll shield. Running with my healer buddy, I'll be assault.

Edited by Mordris