Dual Talent Specilization?

coughxcool

No bioware intend to make to respec everytime you want to pvp, farm, dungeon crawl or do anything outside your generic spec choice. Because you know, we all love being punished for playing the game to its fullest....

No bioware intend to make to respec everytime you want to pvp, farm, dungeon crawl or do anything outside your generic spec choice. Because you know, we all love being punished for playing the game to its fullest....

Haha sorry but how do you mean ?

Cant you pvp farm or do dungeons and any specc ?

And play the to the fullest how do you mean the should aswell AC respeccs be in the game no credits and so on be in aswell :) ?

Or you maybe was ironic in that case sorry hard telling what is what on these forums :D

Edited by Varghjerta

I dont understand why they wouldn't put it in the game from the jump. Did they not play WoW or Rift themselves and see how much richer it makes the gameplay to be able to be multiple different roles on the same char? BAH!

Go back to WoW if you want a dual spec.

You can spec in more then one skill tree. You don't have to stick to one...

You clearly haven't been playing MMOs for long if this is your response. Most good builds don't involve putting all points in one tree.

Maybe because they didn't see a need for it? Frankly I don't think its needed. Sure it would be a nice to have but its hardly required.

Its certainly not required to play the game but its become a standard feature of MMOs that use skill trees. So if theyre going to "borrow" the whole skill tree system from the other MMOs that came before it but leave out multiple talent specs than IMHO they are missing something that would only make the game better.

Won't happen for a bit... why? Because they don't want to pull back the curtain and reveal the wizard. This mirrored classes bit really shrinks the class options... so to keep 8 classes they shouldn't allow dual specing. If they allowed dual specing then you would only have 4 classes which doesn't sound as cool as 8 classes!

Go back to WOW if you want to dual spec.. seriously...

Stop comparing it to WOW... it's not constructive.

I had to decide which advance class I want... im fine with it.

WOW made everyone crybabies. I love WOW but you guys need to stop comparing... This is SWTOR.

Hard not to compare something to WoW that took huge chunks of WoW's systems and incorporated them into the game.

And being a WoW hater isnt constructive either. I'm not saying I'm so in love with WoW but the point of this thread isnt to critique WoW.

Won't happen for a bit... why? Because they don't want to pull back the curtain and reveal the wizard. This mirrored classes bit really shrinks the class options... so to keep 8 classes they shouldn't allow dual specing. If they allowed dual specing then you would only have 4 classes which doesn't sound as cool as 8 classes!

I honestly think thats what the situation is as well. Spot on.

/facepalm

They're talking about Skill Specs - not being able to change between Advanced Classes.

I dont understand why they wouldn't put it in the game from the jump. Did they not play WoW or Rift themselves and see how much richer it makes the gameplay to be able to be multiple different roles on the same char? BAH!

Here's how it works.

the CEO's have never touched a video game.

the Designers haven't gamed in 10 years because of wife and kids but now they get to a tiny bit cause their kids are older

the programmers don't game at all cause they're busy programming and probably have young wife and kids due to new, stable job.

the low level staff plays game currently or used to before this new job.

that's the sad reality. The leadership doesn't play games much less to any serious degree.

WOW made everyone crybabies. I love WOW but you guys need to stop comparing... This is SWTOR.

Just cause I want to make your day with bad news.

The Devs have already stated they will be implemtning a Dual Spec within your advanced class soon after lanuch its a high priority for them and they want it in game.

Have a nice day

The Devs have already stated they will be implemtning a Dual Spec within your advanced class soon after lanuch its a high priority for them and they want it in game.

Have a nice day

See this is the kind of info I was looking for with this thread.

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU MADE MY DAY!

I don't think this is necessarily about respec'ing your advance class... but perhaps the ability to have multiple talent trees set up within the same one. I, for one, would be all for this. Respec'ing to heal a flashpoint with my group of friends (none of which could even potentially heal due to their class choices) is getting a bit steep. I enjoy my lightning sorc immensely, but we really NEED a healer for some of the flashpoints. Dual spec would be a wonderful thing in my opinion. I do see no need to be able to change your advance class though.

Have a nice day

Fact.

I think they might add dual-specs at some point. But only a dual-spec within your AC. They should not allow changing of AC at all. I'm not sure if the OP meant re-speccing in the same AC or switching. Right now, you can still go and re-spec whenever you want for a fee, within the same AC, of course, just like they had in WoW for the first 2-3 years of its existence. People survived then with it, so I don't see why it's necessary now. Plus dual-speccing is only really needed for endgame stuff, and not many people will get to endgame for a few months in TOR.

I understand, but for BW to reveal everything that took WOW five years to realize is asking a lot. If this game had everything WOW had, there would be complaints how it doesn't revolutionize the MMO genre which WOW did.

In time they probably will do dual spec, but that's a lot of projects on their plate.

Anyway no offense... I just think people comparing WOW wayyy too much. just let it be ... it's only day 1 for most.

There is a massive amount of people asking for Fishing in this game... Star Wars is a space game.... my god....

Hard not to compare something to WoW that took huge chunks of WoW's systems and incorporated them into the game.

And being a WoW hater isnt constructive either. I'm not saying I'm so in love with WoW but the point of this thread isnt to critique WoW.

I for one do NOT want a dual spec.

I rolled a healer for a reason......I specialize in a class where in about 1 month people will be clammoring for LFG-heals.....waiting on a healer and GTG.

Classes have specific roles, choose one and lets keep it that way or pay to respec.