Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

They might not... but you cannot say they won't anymore than I can say they are.

Its called the power of positive thinking you should try it more.

I'm actually employing a more powerful thought process- logic.

When everyone calms down in two weeks and this launch has gone smoothly, I'm thinking the general consensus will have have turned in BW's favor.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did a good job with the game and I really love what I have played so far. Just be honest with the people, if you run into trouble and we will understand. A big project but be honest in future and eveyone will see a lot less complaints. No one likes sitting around for hours for no reason and wondering what will happen when they do login if they can.

Come on be fair...moving your mouse anywhere other than over the login should mean that you get an exclusive vendor toy.

You do get a cool vendor toy, but only if you try to answer your own questions by using the resources available to you. Shame he missed out by asking that which has already been answered. With a bright shiny yellow triangle and everything.

if you think this wont happen at any point within the next two months you sire are high and i want some

It will i'm sure, but then again, everyone complains not getting in yet,but if they do and this happens then what.....

YAY WOOHOO NERDRAGERS THREAD ABOUT MY quote.

Am i right or am i wrong, i say im right.

Edited by Itathor

funny when i download something as large as this game was, i go to bed, watch a few movies, or something other then reading notes.

That's fair. Just don't hop on forums and expect others to do your homework for you because you couldn't take 10 seconds (no literally, 10 seconds) to click on a link and have your question answered.

Then you obviously didn't experience WoW's launch. Day 1, just a few hours in and a server, literally, blows up. The whole thing fried and it took 4 days for Blizzard to buy a new one to get the servers affected back up. With such a successfull stress test beta, where BW invite over 2M people, they should be able to do more than this crap.

BS.

How Bioware handled it is how you avoid having servers 'blow up'. Your own story should tell you that Blizzard's approach was wrong.

It's just like the Scotty trying to cold start the M/AM reactor. "I've got to have thirty minutes." (except in this case, thirty minutes translates to few days)

One does not simply allow 500,000 players to login to the SWTOR server simultaneously. Its authentication protocols are guarded by more than just code. There are bugs there that do not sleep, and the Admin is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with packet loss and disconnects and crashes, the very data stream is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand developers could you do this. It is folly.

Edited by Starwaster

Doubtfull.. but time will tell.

I have high hopes but beta and everything has seemed to be mis-managed.

They should see the raging and do something...

haven't played many MMOs? Very well done and managed comparatively. Of course there were mistakes and room for improvement, but most all other MMOs, even WoW, was much worse.

BS.

How Bioware handled it is how you avoid having servers 'blow up'. Your own story should tell you that Blizzard's approach was wrong.

It's just like the Scotty trying to cold start the M/AM reactor. "I've got to have thirty minutes." (except in this case, thirty minutes translates to few days)

One does not simply allow 500,000 players to login to the SWTOR server simultaneously. Its authentication protocols are guarded by more than just code. There are bugs there that do not sleep, and the Admin is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with packet loss and disconnects and crashes, the very data stream you is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand developers could you do this. It is folly.

Defend all you want but they had exact numbers

Dude this thread is over run by people who need to take a chill pill....

Seriously I want to play this game as much as anyone but...its not the launch..they are releasing the game in the order of pre-order a WEEK early....someone pat them on the back and say "hey nice job, you gave it to us early in relation to how early we gave you money!"

That said, this is bonus time....not part of your 1 month subscription. So they are giving you 1 week early, and free.....suck it up.

Bioware is not your slave and is trying to control the release of a product and ensure its quality....you can criticize all you want but personally, I think they are doing a fine job...as it is still a week before release and I thought at most I would get only 5 days of early access.

Yes its not your dream release, you thought you may be playing on the first day.....but its not the end of the freaking world. Its the start of a virtual world....it may take millions and millions of minutes for them to finish making it too...but chill, you will probably be online in the next few days to enjoy it. Till then if you need something to do, prepare in epic nerdness by watching all 6 Star Wars movies....or skip the first two and just watch the last 4. Or just the last 3 depending on your taste.

Bioware-

Thanks for the work, you have jobs like most (well some of us) and you are putting in a crap ton of hours right before Christmas. Most people would rather be taking it easy, preparing for a long break but releasing a new product at Christmas can be heck. Though I do look forward to getting around to playing sometime soon....I will say....good luck and hope you get ahead of schedule....but taking time to do what you do right is cool. No reason for people to be ****** about it.

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!! :D

Edited by Gilgamec

BS.

One does not simply allow 500,000 players to login to the SWTOR server simultaneously. Its authentication protocols are guarded by more than just code. There are bugs there that do not sleep, and the Admin is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with packet loss and disconnects and crashes, the very data stream is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand developers could you do this. It is folly.

They let over 1M players in on the stress test beta + had tons of bots running, and all of that was instant. I had no lag, 1 server crash, no game bugs just some minor discoloration in some cutscenes. It felt like the game had already launched. But now when it's actually launching they have to bottle-neck invites THIS badly? That makes no sense at all.

I give you props for the drama though, never read such a fascinating post criticizing what I have posted.

Edited by Senatsu

BS.

i have a question for you and i was wondering just as the devils advocate what is going to happen after servers come down for maintenance/patching ..

bottom line sooner or later it come to crunch time unless they plan on sending out email to tell everyone when they will be able to log in again <that will make paying people happy>

One does not simply walk into Mordor!

Yay!

Seriously I want to play this game as much as anyone but...its not the launch..they are releasing the game in the order of pre-order a WEEK early....someone pat them on the back and say "hey nice job, you gave it to us early in relation to how early we gave you money!"

That said, this is bonus time....not part of your 1 month subscription. So they are giving you 1 week early, and free.....suck it up.

sadly.. it snot really a free gift. From the time the pre-order was announced, there was the promise of early access time, even though the length of time was NOT specified early on.

A lot of people preordered because of that... they promised it, so it was expected. Later they changed it to "up to 5 days" then much much later to "up to 7 days"

Legally, they only have to let you have access for a few minutes before release and they fulfilled their obligation though... even if they make customers mad.

Or people should realize BW is doing everything in there power to make this game get off to a smooth start and stop ************ because your getting early play time eventually.

They could have given us nothing.

I would have had 20 at least they would have had an excuse. If you are into business you would know what I mean. Project manager plans and anticipates. thats how they make a living.

Bioware is not your slave and is trying to control the release of a product and ensure its quality....you can criticize all you want but personally, I think they are doing a fine job...as it is still a week before release and I thought at most I would get only 5 days of early access.

Yes its not your dream release, you thought you may be playing on the first day.....but its not the end of the freaking world. Its the start of a virtual world....it may take millions and millions of minutes for them to finish making it too...but chill, you will probably be online in the next few days to enjoy it. Till then if you need something to do, prepare in epic nerdness by watching all 6 Star Wars movies....or skip the first two and just watch the last 4. Or just the last 3 depending on your taste.

Bioware-

Thanks for the work, you have jobs like most (well some of us) and you are putting in a crap ton of hours right before Christmas. Most people would rather be taking it easy, preparing for a long break but releasing a new product at Christmas can be heck. Though I do look forward to getting around to playing sometime soon....I will say....good luck and hope you get ahead of schedule....but taking time to do what you do right is cool. No reason for people to be ****** about it.

i heard theres gonna be staggered access to kiss SR s bottom... come this way please...

Bioware-

Glorious post is glorious

BS.

Boromir!