What is currently BIS for Annihilation PVP?

Jagil

I haven't played in a while so haven't followed the last few patches. I understand that Annihilation healing is now basically useless.

With that in mind, what are fully geared and good players having better results with right now? Is crit as important as it was? Is it worth going all out for power with lower crit or not?

Annihilation self-heals (imo as an annihilation player) is just where it should be.

If i time a berserk well( say with undying rage and a wz medpack) its going to give me that edge in 1vs1.

In recruit gear I've successfully taken down carnage mara and pyro PT in EWH by playing my CD and the burst heal berserk create.

In PvE the extra survivability from it is very interesting, especially for solo play.

I haven't played in a while so haven't followed the last few patches. I understand that Annihilation healing is now basically useless.

With that in mind, what are fully geared and good players having better results with right now? Is crit as important as it was? Is it worth going all out for power with lower crit or not?

On a good day im pulling between 110-150k healing in a random WZ pug as watchman. I wouldnt call the heals useless, its what allows you to melt anything in 1v1 scenario. Ive been testing with 25-30% crit and cant really tell a difference (no pve pieces whatsoever). Rng is Rng, feel free to try stack as much crit as possible and post the results here :D

Edit: using the health% increasing medpack from biochem with zen should give more healing but thats just a theory

Edited by Megatons

On a good day im pulling between 110-150k healing in a random WZ pug as watchman. I wouldnt call the heals useless, its what allows you to melt anything in 1v1 scenario. Ive been testing with 25-30% crit and cant really tell a difference (no pve pieces whatsoever). Rng is Rng, feel free to try stack as much crit as possible and post the results here :D

Edit: using the health% increasing medpack from biochem with zen should give more healing but thats just a theory

I highly doubt you manage to 'melt anything in a 1v1' An engineer sniper can easily outdo an anni marauder.

Screenshot of those heals or I'm calling BS. I haven't seen anyone even close to that since pre nerf. Even with 600k damage berserking as often as possible.

Look down a few threads. Guy did 800k, didn't break 100k heals.

On topic, I'm using crit/surge ear, acc power implants, all power surge gear except boots and pants. 30.something crit , 78% surge, 610ish melee bonus dmg pretty close to 1000 force bonus. 2 pve armorings.

Edited by Racter

Call it w/e you want, I couldnt care less.

On a side note, dont combine rakata medpack & berserk (15% increased hp pool which scales with selfhealing) and dont ever zerg being close to your groupmembers since it will affect those wierd digits on the scoreboard and ull get called out a haxxor/terribad.

Understand, amount of dmg doesnt guarantee high healing.

Crit, hp pool and being close to groupmembers does.

Overhealing = 0.

Cant speak of expertise, havnt bothered to check but I suspect it doesnt scale at all.

Using as most others power/surge mods, str aug, with the exception of 2 crits mods/ench

Im curious though on going all crit but im abit low on mods/ench

I highly doubt you manage to 'melt anything in a 1v1' An engineer sniper can easily outdo an anni marauder.

You are heavily underestimating the spec then. The cover pulse KB is unavoidable, but the ambush one is.

Force camouflage, self-heals, undying rage, Obfuscate, saber ward are all very effective against sniper's mostly ranged-type attacks. A good sniper is a good foe, but totally brushing off the marauder's chance would be a mistake.

1vs1, annihilation will make short work of most of the popular spec for the same reason. Rage/focus, carnage/combat mara. In the end it will come down to how well you play, but the thing is good at it. Annihilation only gets less success in RWZ because utility wise, carnage brings more to the team, with extra speed and roots. Duelling spec in a brawl environnement isn't always awesome either.

Call it w/e you want, I couldnt care less.

On a side note, dont combine rakata medpack & berserk (15% increased hp pool which scales with selfhealing) and dont ever zerg being close to your groupmembers since it will affect those wierd digits on the scoreboard and ull get called out a haxxor/terribad.

Understand, amount of dmg doesnt guarantee high healing.

Crit, hp pool and being close to groupmembers does.

Overhealing = 0.

Cant speak of expertise, havnt bothered to check but I suspect it doesnt scale at all.

Using as most others power/surge mods, str aug, with the exception of 2 crits mods/ench

Im curious though on going all crit but im abit low on mods/ench

I didn't call your a hacker or a bad, I just said post a screenshot because it''s not something I've seen or heard since the nerf. High damage doesn't necessarily guarantee high healing, you're right, but I really doubt that guy did 800k damage popping predation on cooldown instead of berserk lol

I think expertise by definition would increase healing done. I'm just saying, I'm sitting at ~960 force bonus and ~39% force crit. Would have to start dumping big chunks of power to get crit up any higher.

Can't test the medpack, my mara is ct and my sentinel is probably never getting played again.

Funny how OP asked for BiS and possible Min/Max and you all comment on the actual performance of the spec.

To summarize it real quick, you should aim for something like that (unbuffed):

Str: ~ 1700

Acc: ~ 98%

Power: ~ 750-800

Crit: ~ 30%

Surge: ~ 76%

I could be a little off on some stats but just to give you a basic overview - I didn't include Expertise on purpose, pretty self-explanatory.

As of Annihilation per se: still the BEAST 1v1 spec but it just seriously lacks in team utility. That doesn't mean that it isn't viable for solo queueing or pugs in general anymore because it most certainly still is.

But keep in mind: if there are 1-3 enemy healers who know what they are doing, they're gonna make you cry real hard.

Edited by jupezz

Is it viable to go with:

1) A low crit rating -- say, for example, something less than 100

2) An acc rating below 100 or thereabouts?

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts or insight you might have.

Regards,

Gonna have to say definitely not on the crit question. We get a 30% surge bonus on our dots, would be pretty silly to waste that imo. I run at 30.5% buffed (melee) and take malice for 37.7% (force). That on top of the talent that gives 3% crit per stack of Juyo Form means I end up at 52.7% crit chance on dots, and my 77.8% surge is 108.8%. TL:DR they tick hard. I don't know my strength or power numbers off hand, I know my melee bonus dmg is right at 610 and my force is right at 960. I usually take 2/3 narrow hatred (acc talent in carnage tree) and that puts my acc around 97%, though I will field respec into defensive forms if there are a lot of smashers in the warzone. I doubt seriously I would gain any amount of damage finishing out the accuracy for this spec, and this allows me to switch between Annihilation and Carnage without swapping any gear around.

Cheers ... seems the consensus is that a pretty balanced approach is preferred. I'm about finished completely decking myself in power gear so far and I'm noticing its doing quite good damage.

My crit is suffering though (around 25%).

I still have all the removed mods, so after I try all power, I'll see if high crit makes much of a difference.

No, no way are u doing over 100k healing in a warzone. Not possible. unless u have 35k+ health stock. 70-80k TOPS

That said, the heals aren't useless even with the nerf.