Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware, are you intending to address tk/lightning sage/sorc dps

warstory

Bubble everyone on your team

DoT everyone on their team

There, you just cast sixteen 5k abilities in a row. How many more do you need? oh about we add a stun to everyone on of those bubbles?

I guess u didn't read my original post cause I described just that. U are not killing anyone just stacking numbers cause no one is dying at least not from your dps. It boils down to a utility class not dps

Affliction is the dot you can cast on everyone on their team. It does about 2k damage total spread out over 15 seconds baseline. Ticking once every 3 seconds for about 400 damage. Even if you have min maxed gear and every single talent that affects that skill, it is not going to do 5k damage. Even if it did 5k damage, ticking for 1k damage every 2 GCD's isn't anything a group with a healer is ever going to fear.

If affliction is.what you are refering to as "chewing through people" I would love to see you play a PT.

You flat out just need to play better.

DPS Sorcs/Sages have always have an answer to anything any other class does, and they deal tons of damage. You just need to L2P and have fast reaction times.

This.

TK Sage is fine as is. It deals a lot of burst damage in rapid succession, and the people who like to think that it has "No escapes" when faced with melee attackers seem to enjoy forgetting the fact that bubble stun and rootpush come from this tree in the first place. There's also Force Speed, Force Stun, Force Mend, Force Slow...and you still can't escape from a melee, with all these tools? Definite L2P here.

If multiple melee attackers are on you at once, then yes, chances are you will die. How is that different from any other class in the game? You get focused, you die, that's how it's supposed to be.

Granted most TK/Lightning people I seem to find are just downright terrible. Like, they stand in place, don't bother to kite, and never seem to cast Weaken Mind before popping off Turbulance. They also act like they're completely screwed after ONE spell gets interrupted, like they just give up. A common problem I see with Gunnery Commandos also, despite the fact that class is also pretty strong (yet I agree it could use more escapes.) With bad people like this roaming around, it's probably little wonder this tree is considered "Unviable" in PVP when in fact it's one of the strongest.

This.

TK Sage is fine as is. It deals a lot of burst damage in rapid succession, and the people who like to think that it has "No escapes" when faced with melee attackers seem to enjoy forgetting the fact that bubble stun and rootpush come from this tree in the first place. There's also Force Speed, Force Stun, Force Mend, Force Slow...and you still can't escape from a melee, with all these tools? Definite L2P here.

If multiple melee attackers are on you at once, then yes, chances are you will die. How is that different from any other class in the game? You get focused, you die, that's how it's supposed to be.

Granted most TK/Lightning people I seem to find are just downright terrible. Like, they stand in place, don't bother to kite, and never seem to cast Weaken Mind before popping off Turbulance. They also act like they're completely screwed after ONE spell gets interrupted, like they just give up. A common problem I see with Gunnery Commandos also, despite the fact that class is also pretty strong (yet I agree it could use more escapes.) With bad people like this roaming around, it's probably little wonder this tree is considered "Unviable" in PVP when in fact it's one of the strongest.

You convinced me.

NURF SORC!!!

I can tell you have never played the class... leap - pushback (if they r vig jugg you have to fight or TRY and run), pushback doesnt knock the person far back enough to prevent a second leap back (obliterate) nor is push back a stun so u can get choked till root wears off or if you try and get mind crush off to stack weaken with it u can still get interupted(which most times it is), if you stun, when your bubble breaks their resolve if full (if they didnt break it already which they probably did) either case u have 1 more stun to use unless u survive long enough to reapply your force bubble.

(if u do land mind crush its 1.5k on the first tick and half of that afterwards weaken mind is 500 a tick. )

so we want to slow and force run away to gain that distance again well these skills are not like precision slash where it ignores the globe cooldown so thats 3 sec to hit force run your target is already on its way and can leap back force choke force push/leap again, stun which every they didnt use in the first place.

say they stun, we break, then stun and get force run off and gain distance they now have a full resolve bar and have free rain we have to cast disturance to get tk wave proc and we have to cast turbalance to get our best dps rotation off by hitting with our hardest hitting abilities guess what almost 3 secs with globe cooldown to get off each disturance which we probably need at least 3 to proc our ability and 4 secs with GC to get off turbalance followed by a instant tk wave.

LOL and even if we get that off they are only down to half health because they do have defensive cooldowns and they have free rain. and we have no way to kite besides force slow which doesnt help much when they have many gap closers are can shut our casts down when they are not in ranged.

even if say u go a different way and once u get distance you go tk throw - force slow - project and try and by time to get bubble back up u still have to cast another disturance before tk throw is back up which leads to a project. dont forget you go to throw a heal in there which doesnt help without bubble up anyways u can by your self time playing defensive but u will never kill the person of equal gear cause u dont have the dps to

There, you just cast sixteen 5k abilities in a row. How many more do you need? oh about we add a stun to everyone on of those bubbles?

^This

I guess u didn't read my original post cause I described just that. U are not killing anyone just stacking numbers cause no one is dying at least not from your dps. It boils down to a utility class not dps

Ding!

Just because you are a DPS class doesn't mean that you can't/don't have utility. It's a team game.

As a Mara/Sent I'm about bald now from pulling my hair out going against teams of Sorcs and Ops who are cross bubbling and stunning/CCing. Once they know that I am a DPS threat, up goes the sign over my head and as soon as I am anywhere near a fight it's knockback, bubble stun, more stun, CC and beaten down by everybody and somebody's grandma with her purse in about 3-4 seconds. Meanwhile I am completely locked out and my resolve never caps. Rinse, repeat. Granted most of the time this happens is when in a clueless PUG group, but whatareyagonnado?

Those bubble's are counted as healing, not direct damage. By doing what you describe relegates us to being the support characters we don't want to be.

Edited by Odyseus

I assume you don't play a dps sage cause you would know that bubble has a 4.5 sec cooldown casting it 8 times requires 36 secs.

Your weaken minds will complete the 5k damage after 21 secs on each.

I am afraid that no ranked team would like your style of play, as you are depriving them from a dps. They would only take you for the bubble stun and for no other reason, in which case we would prefer a healer cause the way you do damage is all fluffable and easily healable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.