The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give us crafting schematics for white, purple, and orange colored crystals

RaithHarth

As I mentioned in a previous thread, purple and white crystals are rare items because they are in Star Wars lore. Handing schematics of rare crystals to crafters so they can flood the GTN with them for a profit would make them not rare and less valuable. Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

As I mentioned in a previous thread, purple and white crystals are rare items because they are in Star Wars lore. Handing schematics of rare crystals to crafters so they can flood the GTN with them for a profit would make them not rare and less valuable.

placing them on the cartel market doesn't make them rare either, I remember when I got my white crystal it was from a limited time vendor for 2.5 mil now they are be handed out like candy.

So why would having a crafting schematic for each be any different?

Edited by RaithHarth

now they are be handed out like candy.

Umm... Im not exactly sure what youre talking about here... They arent being handed out like candy, the ones being handed out like candy are the cartel (pink-purple Orange-red and cyan-blue) thos are the ones that are being handed out like candy...

As I mentioned in a previous thread, purple and white crystals are rare items because they are in Star Wars lore. Handing schematics of rare crystals to crafters so they can flood the GTN with them for a profit would make them not rare and less valuable.

Dude, there's so much lore-breaking in TOR that your argument doesn't hold water. It's about player choice, which is never a bad thing. I'd be in favour of making all crystals lvl 1 and removing the stats from them completely. Add in a "focus crystal" or something along those lines to all weapons (similar to how it was done in Kotor) and you wouldn't be losing the stats either.

(I'm also still waiting for the Veridian crystal from Kotor2. The game itself was a little dodgy due to bugs and the non-existent ending, but I thought that pale green saber colour was beautiful)

Yellow is a rare color in star wars lore. Blue and green are in star wars lore, so by the theory that it's in star wars lore makes it rare, those should be the rarest in game (unless you meant something else by that statement).

Who cares if the market is flooded with different color crystals? We have color lightsabers I know I haven't seen in any of the movies, but I know I saw a purple lightsaber in the movies.

Yellow is a rare color in star wars lore. Blue and green are in star wars lore, so by the theory that it's in star wars lore makes it rare, those should be the rarest in game (unless you meant something else by that statement).

Who cares if the market is flooded with different color crystals? We have color lightsabers I know I haven't seen in any of the movies, but I know I saw a purple lightsaber in the movies.

Yellow is common in the Old Republic era.. ever played KotOR?

I like that orange, cyan, purple and white are more rare and special..

At least they look like lightsabers, and not like these non-white core glowstick horrors that the game is filling up with

At least they look like lightsabers, and not like these non-white core glowstick horrors that the game is filling up with

Never played KOTOR. But I did read EU and it said yellow was rare! Also, I seem to find Orange crystals on sale pretty easily on the GTN, so they cant be that rare.

Still worth loads if it requires like 15-20 expensive and rare mats, lol. Agree with this btw, would love to see these schematics in game!

The solution to making them rare would probably be, that they'd require you to RE some piece of Cartel gear to get a unique crafting material. Like:

10% chance to get it from one of the trashdrops (emotes, dueling banner, pets etc.)

25% chance to get it from a pink-purple/cyan-blue/orange-red crystal

30% chance to get it from a Covert chestpiece or any piece of dancer outfit

50% chance to get it from one of the more valuable set items, like Preceptor, Phantom, Trailblazer, Revan's Robes, etc.

50% chance to get it from a piece of the directly purchasable items (Outlaws etc.)

50% chance to get it from a Cartel Speeder

90% chance to get it from an ultra-rare headpiece item like Revan's / Nihilus' Mask.

Obviously, you'd need a Synthweaver or Armormech to RE the armorpieces or a Cybertech to RE a speeder, I'd suggest Biochem to RE the trashdrops, and Armstechs could always try to RE the weaponry.

Result:

The "garbage" from Cartel Packs suddenly becomes waaay more valuable, as do the speeders and the more common outfits. The more valuable sets will stick around roughly the same value. No idea who would RE Revan's or Nihilus' Masks, but it's there.

As items get RE'ed, their rarity increases as well, making them much more unique to be seen wearing.

It would reduce the perceived sense of "suckage' for Cartel Packs allround.

Now to add some color. We already have colorcrystals in very basic colors: red, blue, green, yellow and orange. I know Yellow and Orange are actually gems, but it's pretty common anyway. So in addition to Mat X from RE-ing Cartel stuff, we 'd need something like:

Purple crystal: 2 red, 2 blue, 2 orange

White crystal: 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 3 yellow

etc.

Add a ton of powercrystals and some rare gems into the mix (since those aren't worth too much these days either)

Edited by AsheraII

I'm not sure what server you're on but on mine the GTN was flooded with White and Black-Purple crystals. It has kind of died down now, but at one point I remember there were 5 pages worth of each crystal available for sale. I haven't checked today, but yesterday there was 2 pages for White, and 3 pages for Black-Purple. Its just a matter of grinding out dailies and making a buck here and there to get something thats "rare".

Although I agree that these items should continue to be difficult to obtain, I also agree they should be made available to crafters. They should make the schematic insanely difficult to obtain. Just an example (I haven't put much thought into this, I'm sure others could make it better): Complete a quest of killing NiM Pilgrim and Dreadtooth (with all the buffs), then completing a NiM Ops to unlock something like another boss of some sort, and ONLY then do you have a 10% chance at a drop of the schematic. Then, make the materials super rare and/or hard to obtain that even if 15 people have a schematic it would be uber difficult for them to craft... or something to this effect.

Umm... Im not exactly sure what youre talking about here... They arent being handed out like candy, the ones being handed out like candy are the cartel (pink-purple Orange-red and cyan-blue) thos are the ones that are being handed out like candy...
Edited by Black-Cell

• 10 months later...

some real world crystals have other colors in them so it is possible to have a black core with a yellow glow