Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Toughest 1v1 Fight?

Cavell

Rage or Vengeance (Immortal or Hybrid won't really kill anyone solo, their function is to hold out long enough for help to arrive :))? Whatever, I'll answer my opinion about Vengeance.

It's Marauder, especially Annihilation. Carnage's burst is somewhat predictable and counterable (Saber Ward is enough, basically, Scream will hurt but that's about it) but as a Juggernaut you really have no defenses against Annihilation's burns once they manage to put them on you (and Saber Ward doesn't provide a FULL defense against that, eventually they will have successful melee attacks after Overload Saber/whatever it is called on Empire side). With their own Saber Ward and Obfuscate they can completely ruin your mostly white damage: 12 seconds of Saber Ward followed by 6 seconds of Obfuscate is fatal. They can also Choke you any time they want, basically, because they don't have to save it (or Awe/Intimidating Roar) for Undying Rage.

Any decent Assassin/Shadow is a horrible pain, too, they are probably the best 1v1 class in the game right now so it's no surprise.

Edited by Siorac

For jugg, that would probably be Sniper, no close gap (assuming jugg is attacking) and for the length of entrench you will be probably dead (but increased def chance CD is your friend). If immo/veng hybrid, then either on dps gear most fights should be won (as above, anni mara can be a pain or madness assassin), or on tank gear you are turret keeper that lives till help arrives.

I have similar 1vs1 win ration on both jugg and assassin against any enemy if 1 vs happens, (usually,smart, people are backed up with a stealther), however that might not be me being capable, just people underestimate when they see Jugg doesn’t have Shi-cho form and think 'oh goodies, an easy kill' waste all their CC in first 4 seconds (when you have immunity after jump, I mean really. if you blow stun and see it doesn’t work, why use knock back right after?) , while on assassin it's probably element of surprise 'boom shock 3k, discharge 4k,maul 5k, 2 trash each 2x 1.4k and assassinate again 4k).

Well Sniper is very situational; LOS hurts them badly if they have Entrench up, you can basically wait till it ends, Push and Leap. With Saber Ward up you should be able to win (against Marksmanship; Engineering is best left alone) if you save your CC breaker for Debilitate (Flashbang is annoying but if we're talking about a 1v1 then a Sniper won't heal himself up to full during those 8 seconds).

Then again, yes, a good Sniper can and probably should wipe the floor with you even if you do all the above. But you shouldn't try to kill Snipers if you're a good Juggernaut anyway, leave that to classes better suited for it :)

Snipers are fine to 1v1. Obliterate gives you a gap closer you then merly position yourself between the sniper and the obsticle everysniper insists on standing next too. Use saber ward as they reach the end of the Ambush cast to grant blade turning making it miss.

If the Marauder pacifies you mez them through it (buff lasts 6 seconds mez is 8). Saber ward through the intital saber and save choke for undying rage. If you can use it just before they pop it and then interupt the channel to finish with dispatch/viscous throw.

Snipers are fine to 1v1. Obliterate gives you a gap closer you then merly position yourself between the sniper and the obsticle everysniper insists on standing next too. Use saber ward as they reach the end of the Ambush cast to grant blade turning making it miss.

If the Marauder pacifies you mez them through it (buff lasts 6 seconds mez is 8). Saber ward through the intital saber and save choke for undying rage. If you can use it just before they pop it and then interupt the channel to finish with dispatch/viscous throw.

Awe lasts 6 seconds only but yeah, that can work - though you have to be careful not to fill their Resolve bar and it's a good idea to push a Carnage Marauder when he's doing Ravage. Though as I said Saber Ward works fine.

The reason I really hate Pacify/Obfuscate is that it's really damn hard to notice if you're busy fighting :) I prefer not to use Awe if I realize I've been pacified (resolve): hopefully I will have put up Sunder by that point so I'll be able to do a Plasma Brand - Blade Storm - Sweep combo.

• 1 month later...
Powertechs/Vanguards in assault spec. All of their attacks completely negate your heavy armor. HIB/Railshot ignores 90% of your armor. Elemental damage from Ion Pulse and Plasma Cell damage ignores your damage reduction from your armor and even if you're a tank and have a lot of defense then you can't even defend most of these attack including sticky bomb and assault plastique. It's just an absolutely easy mode match up for them.

The biggest thing is the Jugg needing to close the gap and get ahead early. If a Jugg can leap -> push - > leap -> choke and keep moving on in 1 on 1, the other player will be so far behind that at that point, short of someone jumping in, or the person having some serious RNG love, the Jugg should win.

I'd say the roughest (at least for me) are the stun stun stun classes, since we only have our one CC break, it's pretty annoying watching you get stunned every 3 seconds.

23/1/17 Tanksassin or Tank Shadow in DPS Gear...they have too many tools to keep you juggled so that you can rarely ever keep on them...

Next would likely be Annihilation/Watchman, but if you interrupt MS/Ravage, that's a BIG chunk of their damage...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.