Lack of healers in WZ?

tatatan

other than huttball where it is possible to win without a healer when facing a team with a healer it is the single most important player on the team.

Most pugs get owned because lack of heals vs. heals (other things being close to equivalent)..and on the imp side on my server its rampant.

Edited by Hexdoll

To be honest, being a healer is a job. You are constantly attacked, you need to manage roots/stuns, watch friendlies constantly, put up bubbles (if it applies to you) and it just doesn't worth it. Some people like a challenge. I also like it but I'm not a masochist.

when it's a good, organized team healing is a breeze. it's fun and enjoyable; unfortunately when its pug or chaos it is worse than a job - ie

1. when you're obviously marked and focus fired by their entire team,

2. when your tank classes won't bother to guard you,

3. when your teammates run out of LOS as your trying to heal them, billions of times each match

4. when your jedi / sith teammates always force leap out of heal range to attack random enemy targets,

5. when your team wont focus fire healers,

6. when teammates insist on cute play like ignoring the near node, to fail at taking the far node and giving

away 2 or even 3 nodes at the beginning,

7. when teammates insist on pvp battlezone in mid of the new wz rather than guarding your pylon or trying to take

the enemy pylon.

8. when the sorc healer on your team just keeps spamming consumption on himself in a corner so he can heal

himself and polish his e-peen about hitting 500k heals on the scoreboard

9. when one teammate stealthy just runs around by an enemy node not doing anything for most of the match

10. when people keep dropping out due to aggrivation from 1-9

11** leaving heals to guard a node solo so you can peeveepee jamfest somewhere else 7 deep; then yell at

healer alone for losing the node when the other seven cant cap the other one

basically healing is a miserable experience and makes us healers want to punch our monitor repeatedly. we are driven away from healing by dps players. it's easier to just spec dps and run around smashing things than trying to keep ******* alive

Edited by Feztonio

when it's a good, organized team healing is a breeze. it's fun and enjoyable; unfortunately when its pug or chaos it is worse than a job - ie

3. when your teammates run out of LOS as your trying to heal them, billions of times each match

4. when your jedi / sith teammates always force leap out of heal range to attack random enemy targets,

6. when teammates insist on cute play like ignoring the near node, to fail at taking the far node and giving

7. when teammates insist on pvp battlezone in mid of the new wz rather than guarding your pylon or trying to take

the enemy pylon.

8. when the sorc healer on your team just keeps spamming consumption on himself in a corner so he can heal

9. when one teammate stealthy just runs around by an enemy node not doing anything for most of the match

basically healing is a miserable experience and makes us healers want to punch our monitor repeatedly. we are driven away from healing by dps players. it's easier to just spec dps and run around smashing things than trying to keep ******* alive

you forgot leaving the only heals to guard a node by their-self

you forgot leaving the only heals to guard a node by their-self

You have no idea how often this happens on Red Eclipse. And consumption.

I have a rule - chase all the sorcs padding it and pad my own heal... at least they abuse less :p

the enemy pylon.

11** leaving heals to guard a node solo so you can peeveepee jamfest somewhere else 7 deep; then yell at

healer alone for losing the node when the other seven cant cap the other one

Don't automatically assume that Stealthers who hang around enemy Nodes aren't doing anything. From a first glance it may seem like all I'm doing is hanging around doing nothing, but I'm actually waiting for my chance to ninja cap. Complain all you want, at the end of the day you'll be grateful that I ninja capped the enemy Pylon and won the match.

The Sorcs all respecced to Bubble Stun, and all the Operatives are too busy stunlocking people to death.
whats left but to spec bubble stun as a sorc. :rolleyes: with all the abilties the smashers have to cc, knock them around, and smash crit them for stupid amounts of dmg :eek: go ahead take away the stun but better make other abilities work alot better.

Imperial side on the harbinger is always lacking in healers. Everyone wants to DPS and nobody wants to have to tank as a healer. Let's face it.. it's not fun having 4 DPS beat on you while you try to heal yourself. It's a silly mechanic. The target that should be a priority kill is the tank, not the healer. Bioware seriously needs to redesign tanking so that tanks are the priority at the start of every warzone. Then you will start to see healers return to the game.

Imperial side on the harbinger is always lacking in healers. Everyone wants to DPS and nobody wants to have to tank as a healer. Let's face it.. it's not fun having 4 DPS beat on you while you try to heal yourself. It's a silly mechanic. The target that should be a priority kill is the tank, not the healer. Bioware seriously needs to redesign tanking so that tanks are the priority at the start of every warzone. Then you will start to see healers return to the game.

Bioware cannot redesign human brain. Healer is the main target and always will be, because you want to kill the other team. Ideally, you don`t want them to regen health in any shape or form. Any change to this game will not change tactics, unless you make it NOT HP reliant.. and that isn`t going to happen in this lifetime.

This is patently false, the whole point is to piss off their team and have them jump on me

That is why i heal

Granted it gets frustrating when they are good enough to smoke me over and over. But those mistakes are on me and possibly my team.

What pisses me off is having 3 other healers on my team and me some how managing to heal more then all of them combined. That kind of **** pisses me off. Which happens all the *********** time on the harbinger. People queing up and only doing like 10 actions per minute lol

As for tanks jug can put down well over 50% mitigation for over 50 seconds with intercede, gaurd, aoe taunt. If people actually used their ops frames and tanked it would work. If every class with an aoe taunt burned it when it came off cooldown every time no1 would ever die...

Edited by Mookind

The thing is, as said, the healing really is very attention demanding.

You need to think ahead, have heals 'precast' as you predict damage etc etc. You watch yourself, teammates, your energy, icons on your bar, icons on teammates bar for dot cleanse etc. You're focused, chased, stalked by stealthers and you can't kill them - others have to. So no surprise, after some time it starts to lack fun factor.

I have a friend and she is awesome sorc healer, but now she just respecced to dmg as she said, the heals simply got ..... labor after some time.

For me, it's like - i go to WZ as early as possible, my first question - 'any heals? ... noone answers. *sigh* Ok heals again ... if i respec to Dmg - Concealment or Lethality (i play Ops) we'll just loose in 9 of 10. Simple fact.

You can win WZ with no healer - rarely if you roll in with great DPSers who know their stuff, but it's so rare ...

witout DPS, well never seen that, so can't tell...

Had a HB once with all healers. We owned. There were plenty of good natured comments at the beginning about how doomed we were. I think since everyone figured they'd fail any dueling match, we all went in focused on actually playing HB (plus, well, 4-7 healers, depending on how many were alive at the time, all focused on the ball carrier probably helped). Won it 6 to zip. Granted, it's HB, which has a pretty different mechanic than the other WZs. But there's one data point for you about what would happen with no DPS. :D

Moo,

That might work for you but it's not fun for many people. Look what happened back in 1.2 when they altered the healing mechanics. All the QQ posts popped up about not being able to heal through 3 - 4 DPS and droves of people packed in starwars all together. All the "good" healers I can recall vanished around this time.

I still say that if you want to bring healers back into this game then tanking needs a total redesign. All you have to do is allow tanks to mitigate enough team damage that it becomes pointless to attack anything but them at the start of each round. At least if they did this healers would be able to heal a bit more and actually have enough fun to offset some of the beat downs.

Edited by JackNader

I just hit 50 with my Scoundrel this morning, bought my WH gear I could with what I saved up from pre 50. And did about 4 matches (dailys + new 50 PvP quest), the term free kill popped into my head when they actually went after me. In all fairness I have a RL friend i've been leveling up with who's a tank and normally guards me every match I do. But unless he's on, I won't even bother most of the time.

I'm a bubble sage, when they nerf our stun I'm gone. I have 3 other lvl 50 toons i can play instead, just eill not be fun w/o stun bubble. Currently i can look at who smashmonkey is targeting and bubble them, but when bubble goes there is little defence vs smashmonkies so i may as well join them. Edited by snoopies

i dusted off my old sorc full corruption healer this weekend

the toon is in some bm gear with some wh pieces-- not great and not terrible

i only solo que

there was a couple hour window where i was on some really solid teams and able to do the weekly in one playtime session

my heals were adequate enough and, to be honest, not really necessary as the teams just stomped the enemy so brutally and early enough that the game was "over" within the first couple minutes; so i did spend most of the wz spamming consumption-dropping reviv- the whole bit to get my 2.5k my 5k and my 75k

i had forgotten how difficult it was to get medals as a healer

there were other games i q'd for but the teams were totally unorganized and i was immediately focused as soon as i got some action

most of the time i was left to rot on solo node duty (b/c of derp factor) and when ops chat raged-WHREHLZDERP?

i responded with the fact i was stranded on node duty- nevertheless no one ever came and no one ever got heals-- except for me healing myself for my measly 2 or 3 medals plus 3 or 4 for defense of the node

basically, like others have said, being a healer in pug wz's is an exercise in futility- much more fun to play my sniper, who has grown up with little heals her whole online life, who can wreck face and not worry about the times we are on the scrub team as i can still get my 8 medals to eventually send gear via legacy to my corruption sorc healer