What Assassin Spec puts up 400k damage?

cbauga

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you guys are saying that a full deception assassin should be getting to 400k regularly?

Ive got 2 crit augs to 9 power augments. I wanted to get to 30% crit rating. It sounds like I should replace those crits augs from the sarcastic responses above. So run 11 power augs?

Note: Most of the time I am queuing solo and pugging it most of the time. I rarely have heals and protection so I am dying pretty quickly.

Edited by cbauga

the one that stays in combat and has healer on him.

So you guys are saying that a full deception assassin should be getting to 400k regularly?

Ive got 2 crit augs to 9 power augments. I wanted to get to 30% crit rating. It sounds like I should replace those crits augs from the sarcastic responses above. So run 11 power augs?

Note: Most of the time I am queuing solo and pugging it most of the time. I rarely have heals and protection so I am dying pretty quickly.

having a healer is one of the main assets in doing scoreboard damage along with dots/aoe/more than 2 enemy healers.

any healer is fine, but a pocket healer will provide best results.

Edited by cultivatedmass

Gear is a factor, always. Also, as mentioned, having healers on your team and the enemy team is pretty huge.

Just know that as an Assassin you should be focusing on objectives, control, utility and Killing Blows. Especially deception which is a burst killer. Try not to focus on "getting damage" when other classes are better suited for that. Pyrotechs spam dots and still have very strong aoe. Smash is all about the aoe. Even snipers have aoe.

Focus on your ability to systematically kill key targets and take joy in your job. Don't spam aoe meaninglessly or dots to increase fluff damage. (Something most madness specs are guilty as all hell for)

Gear is a factor, always. Also, as mentioned, having healers on your team and the enemy team is pretty huge.

Just know that as an Assassin you should be focusing on objectives, control, utility and Killing Blows. Especially deception which is a burst killer. Try not to focus on "getting damage" when other classes are better suited for that. Pyrotechs spam dots and still have very strong aoe. Smash is all about the aoe. Even snipers have aoe.

Focus on your ability to systematically kill key targets and take joy in your job. Don't spam aoe meaninglessly or dots to increase fluff damage. (Something most madness specs are guilty as all hell for)

EVERY war zone i focus on killing healers. Im pretty good at it, but I see these other assassins doing 350-450k damage and I just want to know what they are doing.

EVERY war zone i focus on killing healers. Im pretty good at it, but I see these other assassins doing 350-450k damage and I just want to know what they are doing.

Next time you see this compare Killing Blows. (not kills) Many times you'll find they were just playing madness or a madness hybrid spamming dots/aoe.

I'm not saying 350-400k isn't possible. It surely is, but total damage numbers as an Assassin are not NEARLY as important as the Utility you bring. If you wanted a class with high total damage you rolled wrong, lol.

Just as long as you aren't running around spamming voltaic voltaic shock all the time.

Pretty much you want to open with maul or a crit discharge to proc the 9% melee crit and you want to use your maul liberally. You only go into the voltaic voltaic shock rotation or thrash thrash shock rotation (with claws of decay) when you're low on force.

I am an "ok" player mostly doing solo warzones. I have tested all the assassin's specs and I can reach 400k damage will most of the dps specs.

Overall I think the "better" spec for maximum damage is 0/27/14 : It relies on heavy burst contrary to madness which is very useful against healers but also bring good survivability. However the drawback is lower utility compared to madness and kinetic (no pull and no instant force lift).

I am an "ok" player mostly doing solo warzones. I have tested all the assassin's specs and I can reach 400k damage will most of the dps specs.

Overall I think the "better" spec for maximum damage is 0/27/14 : It relies on heavy burst contrary to madness which is very useful against healers but also bring good survivability. However the drawback is lower utility compared to madness and kinetic (no pull and no instant force lift).

Thanks for the response. Got some work to do... :)

See, this is what's wrong with people.

Why do you feel you MUST HAVE 30%? Did you read that on a forum, where someone told you this is a 'must have'? Or is it some sort of OCD compulsion?

This thread remind me of the Vanguard that make a QQ thread saying he can't get 5k High Impact Bolts, but refused to spec points into High Impact Bolt talents, and didn't stack aim/power.

Edited by KettleBelll

See, this is what's wrong with people.

Why do you feel you MUST HAVE 30%? Did you read that on a forum, where someone told you this is a 'must have'? Or is it some sort of OCD compulsion?

This thread remind me of the Vanguard that make a QQ thread saying he can't get 5k High Impact Bolts, but refused to spec points into High Impact Bolt talents, and didn't stack aim/power.

Exactly!!! In deception/deception-madness hybrids one only needs to carry roughly 25% unbuffed crit. With the operative buff and first tier madness talent you'll have 39% crit, which is more than sufficient. It's been said a hundred times already over in the sin forum but here it goes again.

Stats to aim for...

96.9% accuracy

75% crit multiplier

25% crit

Mod the rest of your gear for power

There's a debate about whether you should augment WP or power, but the difference between the 2 is very miniscule so you can go with either. WP adds slightly more crit which is separate from the crit rating soft cap, but offers slightly less bonus damage. Power adds slightly more bonus damage, but no crit.

Now go forth and prosper.

Here's a spec that I find fun to play:

2/27/12

Checklist:

Do I find it fun to play? YES

Can it dish out 450k? YES

Would some people find it "gimped"? YES

Do I care? NO

:D

Stay behind target at all times. Maul their *** when you can. Shock when you can (for 1.5x damage). Use discharge when you can (and can't maul or shock). When force is low or can't maul: thrash.

Screw voltaic slash.

Also works nicely with 160 force (PVE kit bonus) and 1214 expertise. Allows for evil mauling.

Edited by Kyanzes