Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP Gear: Smarter Upgrades

ELECTRICJUDGMENT

I'm sure I am not the only one extremely annoyed that you need to grind for about 12-15 pieces of gear (excluding relics and implants) to min/max your character. I've done it twice and I don't want to do it again. It completely takes the fun out of endgame PvP.

What I am suggesting is a "smarter," more personalized upgrade process to the next tier of gear that gives players the choice to upgrade to the next tier of mods/enhancements already equipped on their character.

Feedback and support for this is appreciated.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

That's some crazy talk right there, 12-15 items spell content .

That is not content; that is a needless, redundant, blatant time sink designed to keep players occupied while real content is developed. It's unacceptable, forcing players to grind the same 4 warzones over and over and over for the equivalent of 100,000 or more warzone comms needed for 15 pieces of EWH, just for the necessary mods and enhancements to appropriately min/max your character.

A system needs to be put in place allowing players the choice to upgrade to the next tier of the same mods/enhancements they have already invested the time earning.

That is not content; that is a needless, redundant, blatant time sink designed to keep players occupied while real content is developed. It's unacceptable, forcing players to grind the same 4 warzones over and over and over for the equivalent of 100,000 or more warzone comms needed for 15 pieces of EWH, just for the necessary mods and enhancements to appropriately min/max your character.

A system needs to be put in place allowing players the choice to upgrade to the next tier of the same mods/enhancements they have already invested the time earning.

It doesn't take 100,000 comms and endless grinding if you're on a decent team and play rated matches...

It's a time sink and money sink. We all know this. A certain amount of this is acceptable. I'm not sure if I'm 100 percent bothered by the scale of it in this game, but some adjustments could be made. I do think there needs to be a way to reward the players who think and go the extra mile to optimize, and in that sense I'm OK with base sets not giving you 100 percent optimized stats.

Recruit-------------------------------------WH-OptimizedWH-EWH-OptmizedEWH.

Between optimized WH and optimized EWH there is almost no difference. Any rated team will take you with OWH, and there is no need at all to get OEWH. That is not a tier of gear, it's just something to spend time for those that have too much time on their ends and still feel that in the end they are getting something.

If you want to min-max take your time to do it, no one forces you too and it is in no way needed for anything.

Edited by Spoletta

Recruit-------------------------------------WH-OptimizedWH-EWH-OptmizedEWH.

Between optimized WH and optimized EWH there is almost no difference. Any rated team will take you with OWH, and there is no need at all to get OEWH. That is not a tier of gear, it's just something to spend time for those that have too much time on their ends and still feel that in the end they are getting something.

If you want to min-max take your time to do it, no one forces you too and it is in no way needed for anything.

So, about 1000 HP and 10-20 damage makes no difference? No one forces you to gear past Recruit, or play the game for that matter.

If a player has already invested the time to min/max the highest tier of gear, there is absolutely no need to make them do it again, and again, and again, grinding the equivalent of 2 full sets of gear, just for the same mods/enhancement configuration they have already put in the work for.

Either a systems needs to be in place allowing players to match their current mod/enhancement setup when upgrading to the next tier, or make PvP mods/enhancements craftable. You tell me which is more game breaking.

It does if you can't find a team or in a guild doing rateds.

If you're a consistently good player in properly itemized WH most rated guilds and teams will take you. The fact that anyone even mentions being carried is probably why they're not on a team like that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.