My only grip about the pod racer mount

MouseNoFour

This is what I hate with mostly all the "speeders" in this game..... They should not even be called that... But what annoys me the most is the fact that those taxi services are exactly how speeders are supposed to be, fast and fun to ride.... With such large landscapes in this game, it would be really fun to ride a speeder, not Star Wars version of segways.

The noise it makes i can live with, just turn the sound off whenever i mount.

But its a pod RACER. Why am i still going so slow! Seeing how fast the real pod racers go and seeing mine... its like im stuck in first gear.

:eek: We got pod racers before hover boards, damn you gov.

Well, unlike the OP, I actually think the sound sucks. But then again maybe it's appropriate for the how fast the thing goes. Sounds like a coughing, wheezing outboard engine(put put put) rather than some suped up racer. I can tell the kind of sound they were going for, but I just think it wasn't properly implemented with the way the sound engine handles speeders.

I will second that I think it should go faster. Make a tier 4 piloting ability that requires L50 and/or tie it to the vehicle. Maybe split the difference from 110% and the taxi.

Well, unlike the OP, I actually think the sound sucks. But then again maybe it's appropriate for the how fast the thing goes. Sounds like a coughing, wheezing outboard engine(put put put) rather than some suped up racer. I can tell the kind of sound they were going for, but I just think it wasn't properly implemented with the way the sound engine handles speeders.

I will second that I think it should go faster. Make a tier 4 piloting ability that requires L50 and/or tie it to the vehicle. Maybe split the difference from 110% and the taxi.

I agree with you. That sound is silly for the engine. But i can live with it, knowing i can just mute the game if i decide to.

The **** is this gripe about the sound? Its the bloody pod racer sound from Phantom Menace. You little girls will cry about anything. What I want to know is when did Vanity become the biggest sin of massive multiplayer gaming?

Nice attitude you got there.

Since when has podracing been an eventuality?

I think I recall in a couple live Q&As the devs answering questions about adding Podracing and they said it may eventually come but it's not on their top priorities like most things. Although this was asked before the staff reshuffle so who knows what could happen down the line.

The noise it makes i can live with, just turn the sound off whenever i mount.

But its a pod RACER. Why am i still going so slow! Seeing how fast the real pod racers go and seeing mine... its like im stuck in first gear.

Maybe it doesn't have the same powerful engines. It's not just how it looks, but what's under hood too.