vertical jump?

sampsonon

why can't a Jedi/Sith do a vertical jump higher than 10 ft?

in the movies they can jump like 50 ft at least.

what are they doing at BioWare to miss such a basic Jedi/Sith skill

You can force charge, that's 30 metres, basically a big jump.

Intercede, another big jump.

If it has to be a vertical jump, force charge to someone stood on something 30 metres above you, then there you go, 30 meter vertical jump!

But then again, probably a troll post.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

Because of Balance between classes.

I'd almost suggest that instead of giving Jedi/Sith the ability to jump that high whenever they want they make it so that instead of taking an elevator they can do a Force Jump(a scripted event when walking up to a place were there is an elevator and instead of using that they can "Force Jump" up. Other classes would have get similar abilities that suit their thing (jetpacks, grappling hooks)).

I'd almost suggest that instead of giving Jedi/Sith the ability to jump that high whenever they want they make it so that instead of taking an elevator they can do a Force Jump(a scripted event when walking up to a place were there is an elevator and instead of using that they can "Force Jump" up. Other classes would have get similar abilities that suit their thing (jetpacks, grappling hooks)).

Or...you could use the elevator

why can't a Jedi/Sith do a vertical jump higher than 10 ft?

in the movies they can jump like 50 ft at least.

what are they doing at BioWare to miss such a basic Jedi/Sith skill

Well, even though the idea is somewhat good, i see alot of player abuse here with this. Okay to avoid the abuse, put a very long cd on it. With the long cd, the ability is now a bit useless instead of certain situations. Then comes the players discovering an exploit using a large jump like that through fp's or ops.

Mabey just leave as is.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

i think you missed my point!

in the movies they jumped strait up onto platforms without using someone to attack to get them up there.

this is the same as taking away bobba fett's jet pack....sucks really bad and needs to be fixed.

Then make a suggestion thread? Bounty Hunters/Troopers get jetpacks, Agent/Smugglers get grappling hooks. Job done.

i think you missed my point!

in the movies they jumped strait up onto platforms without using someone to attack to get them up there.

this is the same as taking away bobba fett's jet pack....sucks really bad and needs to be fixed.

Ok ok, have a sorcerer stand 30 meters above you, and get them to Extricate you, then you can pretend your jumping.

But I agree, this is completely game breaking and needs to be fixed now.

we are in the star wars universe and to say we need to make everything even between the classes is not the point.

this is a jedi trait......i mean the other day i was standing in front of a ledge that was just a little higher than my head and i couldn't even get on top of it, not because i wasn't allowed to cause i found a way around to get up there.

it was because my powerful force wielding Jedi couldn't jump 6 feet up to the ledge......just saying.

I mean the other day i was standing in front of a ledge that was just a little higher than my head and i couldn't even get on top of it, not because i wasn't allowed to cause i found a way around to get up there.

it was because my powerful force wielding Jedi couldn't jump 6 feet up to the ledge......just saying.

Get a sorcerer to stand on the ledge and pull you

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

yeah we should allow superman to fly and spiderman to stick to walls...great idea if u have a marvel game.

marvel wouldn't have missed such a basic thing as this.

i just want them to have the most basic jedi skill, the vertical jump

OP, you are just missing the point of game balance. If you wanted all Jedi powers like in the movies, there would be no other players than Jedi, because lightsaber hit would probably mean instant kill, etc.

Yes, Jedi in movies/books can jump high, but in game without giving other players the same advantage it would make Jedi classes grossly overpowered. In games, you simply have to account for the fact that multiple people play it, and not everyone wants to be forced to play Jedi.

A Jedi does not use the force without reason - That's why Yoda walks with a stick. He could probably do the 100 metres in 5 secs using the force, but he doesn't, because the force is not there to make your life easier.

In fact, Anakin's fall towards the dark side probably begins when he peels fruit for Padme using the force in AOTC.

Just sayin.

A Jedi does not use the force without reason - That's why Yoda walks with a stick. He could probably do the 100 metres in 5 secs using the force, but he doesn't, because the force is not there to make your life easier.

In fact, Anakin's fall towards the dark side probably begins when he peels fruit for Padme using the force in AOTC.

Just sayin.

Then again, Obi-wan used the Force to close doors and grab that galaxy map showing tool while he could have easily just reached out for it, so let's not pretend that they never use the Force for making their life easier. Not saying you don't have a point and really, I don't care about being able to Force jump myself.

Then again, Obi-wan used the Force to close doors and grab that galaxy map showing tool while he could have easily just reached out for it, so let's not pretend that they never use the Force for making their life easier. Not saying you don't have a point and really, I don't care about being able to Force jump myself.

Don't remember him closing a door with the force .... He opened one iirc - during the fight with Jango Fett? - but that was probably needed as he had to get back into the action quicker.

As for the map, that bothered me too - I can only assume its because there were younglings present and it was important to look cooler. :D

Don't remember him closing a door with the force .... He opened one iirc - during the fight with Jango Fett? - but that was probably needed as he had to get back into the action quicker.

As for the map, that bothered me too - I can only assume its because there were younglings present and it was important to look cooler. :D

He closes his little compartment when he stows away on Padme's ship using the force. We might be able to chalk that up to him being tired and upset, though, knowing he has to go and probably kill Anakin.

He closes his little compartment when he stows away on Padme's ship using the force. We might be able to chalk that up to him being tired and upset, though, knowing he has to go and probably kill Anakin.

I always assumed that was because he couldnt close it properly from the inside. (no buttons/sensors etc..)