G600 VS Naga Razor

Jedi_Slayer

I used to have a Razer Naga. And I must say, for such an expensive mouse it has frustrating little durable. When I am in stress - as in a difficult situation in a video game - my hands tend to sweat. To clean a Razer Naga is really difficult for all the angles and corners it has. The right mouse button started failing after a few month. A really chip plastic trigger, not made to work under consistent strain. I never bought a Razer mouse after that - they are horribly expensive but for all their features, the build quality is no better than a 20€ Logitech mouse.

I am using a Sharkoon Fireglider right now.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

There is such thing as too many buttons on a mouse rly:p

It is ridiculous to operate mouse with like 9 thumb buttons.. just easier to use them keyboard hotkeys.

Not once you get used to it. I never tried in SW:TOR, but the buttons proved extremely helpful back when I was playing Warhammer Online. The advantage is that both your hands can remain where they are, you need to let go neither of the WASD keys nor the mouse itself.

Currently my mouse with three additional buttons is a little too limited to me (even though I appreciate the mouse itself). I got my primary "interrupt" on my mouse, one movement ability (i.e. Force Leap for a Jedi Knight, Force Leap for a Jedi Knight), and my primary "break free". Things I need to trigger extremely fast without letting go of the keys. But there are other functions that I might wanna assign to the mouse as well.

Never used a Naga so can't compare but I have the the G600 and really like it. One thing that impresses me that hasn't been mentioned is the scroll wheel, it's the first mouse I've had where you can clck it and not accidently scroll at the same time. Same goes for pushing the wheel left and right easy to do without misclicks. Edited by TrigPt

Had a Razer ...bloody thing only lasted 6 months before it died. Was going to just get another one but no stores around here had one so bought the G600 and I love it. The only thing I found was it was alot bigger than the razer (if you have small hands it can be a bit awkward) and the button of the top near the scroll wheel can be a pain but after awhile you foget it's there. Over all I would have to say in terms of durability the G600 is the better but if you like a smaller feeling mouse then the Razer is the way to go.

I've had both the Razer Naga and G600. I personally prefer the G600. It feels better, it's firmer.

I had 2 Razer Naga's break on me. And my G600 is still working fine.

I don't know about the other mouse mentioned. But if you'd ask me, I'd say: Go get the G600!

I couldn't give you an honest opinion, as my setup is customized (I don't even use a mouse).

What I did:

I cut a piece of particle board to a certain size to use on my lap.

I then created an insert, put my keyboard into it, and it is now bound to that piece of board.

The 2nd insert I made, I put a "touchpad" that I use for various things like CAD.

The 3rd insert, contains a trackball device, with 8 buttons all on top of the device, no side buttons.

The 4th insert, contains my Microsoft Sidewinder (for playing Mechwarrior, etc).

As far as quality is concerned, neither Logitech nor Razer is quite up to par. A lot of gamers seem to like both companies, but I can't stand it when they go cheap and use plastic where they should be using at least aluminum (my devices are either aluminum or steel body, except the joystick, and on my trackball device, even the buttons are made of sterner stuff than most mice have). Lately Razer hasn't even been shielding their mouse cables properly, and the Logitech wireless devices have the worst wireless connectivity and battery life I've ever come across.

Just an update after the weekend, I didn't get much time to play but a couple hours after the superbowl. The muscle memory is getting there and i like the mouse a lot. One thing that I have been having issues with is tabbing (or left click the mouse wheel) to get through the friends list. SO I have found that I am still clicking on the opp frame i want and the hitting the thumb button. Making that small hybrid change was the difference of getting back and over 300k in heals, instead of mid to high 100's, In Warzones

Still having to look at my UI sometimes to remind myself which button it is but on the most part that is getting better. Really like the mouse nice and smooth, quick reflexs and works just about on anything with out a mousepad.

• 1 month later...

some good posts

I have the Logitech G700 and inherited a Naga

I picked up a G600 which I couldnt go past due to a sale price yesterday

I think its horses for courses but I really like the G600, the only 1 of the 3 that is wired

G700 is great but I really wanted more buttons for the thumb

Logitech is the cheaper of the 3 which is a bonus, Logitech G600 best bang for buck with 12 thumb buttons

There is such thing as too many buttons on a mouse rly:p

It is ridiculous to operate mouse with like 9 thumb buttons.. just easier to use them keyboard hotkeys.

horses for courses I guess

12 Thumb buttons on the side is great

Using less keys on the keyboard suits me

1 to 12

alt and above

shift and above

ctrl and above

thats 48 buttons via your mouse

and I only need touch

the directional arrows, alt, shift, ctrl

hardly use the keyboard and its only the very right hand side of the keyboard

lifted my game imensely in PVP, once the memory muscle kicked in, very fluent and pure pace

I have used the wired Naga Razor for over a year. Once you get the muscle memory down you cannot go back to basic setups. I have smaller hands and have no probs at all with functionality. I have no problems with quality or durability.

Additionally, I also use the Nostromo to keep my left hand happy. I am set up now to pretty much never use the keyboard. Again, once the memory muscle is set you can never go back.

Never had the opportunity to use the Logitechs or other gaming pieces- so I cannot comment one way or another .

horses for courses I guess

12 Thumb buttons on the side is great

Using less keys on the keyboard suits me

1 to 12

alt and above

shift and above

ctrl and above

thats 48 buttons via your mouse

and I only need touch

the directional arrows, alt, shift, ctrl

hardly use the keyboard and its only the very right hand side of the keyboard

lifted my game imensely in PVP, once the memory muscle kicked in, very fluent and pure pace

Use G-shift and you can up it to effectively 24 buttons without ever touching the keyboard. It's pretty nice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.