App for crew missions ??

Kickinurass

This was rumored to be in the works during beta and around launch but never materialized. Honestly at this point I wouldn't want it, it would give those with smart phones and/or the time and inclination to spend all day managing their comps from their phones an unfair advantage over those without and would likely create a glut for nearly every kind of mat available through comp missions, crashing their sale value on the market. On the other hand, some of the going prices are rather absurd relative to time and cost to acquire, so maybe that wouldn't be entirely bad. The unfair advantage is still a consideration though.

That's a silly argument tbh.

Yeah you might see it as an unfair advantage, but what about the school kids who get home at 3? what about the people who don't work and can spend all day on their PC? what about the office workers who can log in now and then at their desk?

Do they have an unfair advantage over the normal 9-5 worker because they can spend longer playing or sending out companions? of course not that's just how things are. id love the app for my iphone.

Would also love the app to allow picking up various daily/weekly quests on offer.

This was rumored to be in the works during beta and around launch but never materialized. Honestly at this point I wouldn't want it, it would give those with smart phones and/or the time and inclination to spend all day managing their comps from their phones an unfair advantage over those without and would likely create a glut for nearly every kind of mat available through comp missions, crashing their sale value on the market. On the other hand, some of the going prices are rather absurd relative to time and cost to acquire, so maybe that wouldn't be entirely bad. The unfair advantage is still a consideration though.

So is it equally unfair to the same smartphone owners who user their smarts and phone to do Remote Access of their Desktop and run the same crew skills? I mean they are using their desktops after all to actually play the game...

What about people with those larger screens than a phone... I think they call them laptops? Or how about using your smartphone connected to a laptop for internet access to play the game and just run crew skills?

I think you're starting to see the flaw in why your statement of "its entirely bad and absurd"... Thats paraphrased down of course not a direct quote but words used.

I do think it would be a great idea so I don't have to annoy my guild mates and all my friends who have my 12 toons on their friends list to see me shuffle toons on/off every 30secs to reset/rerun the next round of crew missions that take an hour at a time (for the good ones)... Or 48minutes each crafted item! Seriously these need to be cut in half if you ask me... Massive time sink for a crafted item to finish...

Edited by IrishTR

That's a silly argument tbh.

Yeah you might see it as an unfair advantage, but what about the school kids who get home at 3? what about the people who don't work and can spend all day on their PC? what about the office workers who can log in now and then at their desk?

Do they have an unfair advantage over the normal 9-5 worker because they can spend longer playing or sending out companions? of course not that's just how things are. id love the app for my iphone.

Would also love the app to allow picking up various daily/weekly quests on offer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That, exactly!!! Most of us subbers are gainfully employed and don't have the overabundance of free time like the college kids. You don't need to worry about us. Even if they made this so-called app, we still wouldn't have enough time. Work 40+ hours a week with a family- see how "carried away" you could get with it...

The time it takes in game to craft quality items = completely intolerable-absurd-and--- astronomically atrocious!!!

Crew skills could be improved by actually letting us go on gathering missions with our Companions so that we can gather more materials in less time, and actually "outfit" one of our toons and still have some time left to enjoy some gameplay in our new gear. It takes me over 4 hours to grind out enough crew missions to get the materials I need to enhance just one piece of gear... Astronomically atrocious!!!

What kind of officers have you worked at?!

Think you meant offices, but I used to be able to when I had some "free" time to plug away... Sorta hard to on a locked down site though where I'm at now... I'm surprised the website isn't blocked hehe must be some players in the shop that controls it!