The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In her defense, she was probably borderline already by sheer virtue of living within the Empire and surviving as long as she has. Seeing everything she's ever loved crumble around her in the very early KOTFE might be a breaking point.

Well this is meant to be a "return to classic BioWare storytelling" right? Maybe she'll turn out to be the Bastila(/Ashley/Isabela/Morrigan/Miranda/Viconia) type and her romance arc will be an automatic "become a better person through the power of man-love" thing. Except thankfully without the "man" restriction this time.

Well this is meant to be a "return to classic BioWare storytelling" right? Maybe she'll turn out to be the Bastila(/Ashley/Isabela/Morrigan/Miranda/Viconia) type and her romance arc will be an automatic "become a better person through the power of man-love" thing. Except thankfully without the "man" restriction this time.

....I am not sure Bastila or Morrigan.....or the others except Viconia to be honest:)....became better people when we romanced them:)

...and BG2 is too far back:)...by ''classic BW storytelling'' I guess they mean ''new'' titles like DA/Mass effect or JE:) And it seems like I miss something: why is everybody talking like Lana is the darkest DS one could be?....to me she seems like DS 1 (yellow eyes but that's all)...?

....I am not sure Bastila or Morrigan.....or the others except Viconia to be honest:)....became better people when we romanced them:)

...and BG2 is too far back:)...by ''classic BW storytelling'' I guess they mean ''new'' titles like DA/Mass effect or JE:) And it seems like I miss something: why is everybody talking like Lana is the darkest DS one could be?....to me she seems like DS 1 (yellow eyes but that's all)...?

Lana's pretty neutral in SOR, but from what we've seen in KOTFE, she seems to be much more typical, wholly merciless Sith.

Lana's pretty neutral in SOR, but from what we've seen in KOTFE, she seems to be much more typical, wholly merciless Sith.

Like she was on Ziost. Personally, I suspect either her writer changed or someone upstairs at Bioware went "A reasonable, level-headed Sith?! Can't have that!"

See also the strong probability that Darth Marr dies in this expansion's opening.

Like she was on Ziost. Personally, I suspect either her writer changed or someone upstairs at Bioware went "A reasonable, level-headed Sith?! Can't have that!"

See also the strong probability that Darth Marr dies in this expansion's opening.

Actually, I'd say she's just as level-headed and rational as she was in SoR. Without mentioning spoilers, in Chapter 3 she is willing to do something quite heroic for the main character.

Actually, I'd say she's just as level-headed and rational as she was in SoR. Without mentioning spoilers, in Chapter 3 she is willing to do something quite heroic for the main character.

I know what you're talking about, but at every other turn seen so far, she's firmly DS.

I know what you're talking about, but at every other turn seen so far, she's firmly DS.

The way I see it is that she's simply logical in her dealings with people. Quite often, the logical response to something isn't what a 'normal' person would do because most people are guided more by their emotions. She lets Theron get captured on Rishi, for instance, because she knows he can handle the situation and return with intel, but she's saddened by his distrust later.

That's why she's my favourite character so far, she's half Sith half Human being rather than being a pointlessly cruel sadist. She's a brilliant character :D

In Ziost's case, I think things might be forgiven. She seems to have been way over her head, and as an Imperial core world, it's possible she has some kind of strong ties to it as well; she may have been born there.

You'd be irritable and prone to lashing out under that kind of stress, or if the Emperor was destroying your homeworld, too.

In Ziost's case, I think things might be forgiven. She seems to have been way over her head, and as an Imperial core world, it's possible she has some kind of strong ties to it as well; she may have been born there.

You'd be irritable and prone to lashing out under that kind of stress, or if the Emperor was destroying your homeworld, too.

Which is well and good except in the streams on Zakuul she's strongly in favor of killing thousands of innocent people, murdering people who attacked you for understandable reasons and then surrendered, etc.

Which is well and good except in the streams on Zakuul she's strongly in favor of killing thousands of innocent people, murdering people who attacked you for understandable reasons and then surrendered, etc.

I'm not going to lie, I haven't watched the streams for spoilery-related reasons. That does seem pretty dark, to be sure, but then is the Sith Empire not technically at war with the Zakuul? And it's not like the SW universe has the Geneva Conventions.

I'm not going to lie, I haven't watched the streams for spoilery-related reasons. That does seem pretty dark, to be sure, but then is the Sith Empire not technically at war with the Zakuul? And it's not like the SW universe has the Geneva Conventions.

She's trying to get your character out of there fast, in short. Stopping to help strangers isn't logical, and AFAIK she's just leaving the problem as she found it; she doesn't cause it.

I am in the same boat as Diviciacus in that I haven't watched that particular scene, but the thing you are describing doesn't seem evil....ruthless sure, but I bet even Theron (Theran?....whatever the guy's name was) will want to do the same (simply because it's very bad idea to let enemies or might be enemies at your back) and he is considered ''good'' I bet:)

I am in the same boat as Diviciacus in that I haven't watched that particular scene, but the thing you are describing doesn't seem evil....ruthless sure, but I bet even Theron (Theran?....whatever the guy's name was) will want to do the same (simply because it's very bad idea to let enemies or might be enemies at your back) and he is considered ''good'' I bet:)

Mercy and compassion are far more dangerous weapons than some would admit. Lana in game terms does seem to be full-bore DS in KOTFE, which is a significant disappointment.

Mercy and compassion are far more dangerous weapons than some would admit.

Only because they are double edged sword!:D

...sorry I am just taunting you...I will stop now. but imo that is still a level of evil that is within the boundaries of DS1, but I may be wrong ofcourse...I will find out tomorrow...maybe (I don't remember when I subscribed so who knows if I qualify:) )....

Re: Lana.

Towards the end of Ziost, you capture a powerful Jedi that had been under the control of the Emperor, and Lana's reaction is to want to take her in and let the scientists study her brain to work out how the Emperor was able to control her. And we're not talking non-invasive scans here.

Needless to say, all my LS characters (like, all my characters) disagreed with her, and she got incensed.

As if playing with the Jedi's brain was the most reasonable thing she could think of to do, and you were being stupid by stopping her from doing that.

Which is why I'm worried. They really need to offer a LS or neutral alternative.

Edited by Zandilar

Re: Lana.

Towards the end of Ziost, you capture a powerful Jedi that had been under the control of the Emperor, and Lana's reaction is to want to take her in and let the scientists study her brain to work out how the Emperor was able to control her. And we're not talking non-invasive scans here.

Needless to say, all my LS characters (like, all my characters) disagreed with her, and she got incensed.

As if playing with the Jedi's brain was the most reasonable thing she could think of to do, and you were being stupid by stopping her from doing that.

Which is why I'm worried. They really need to offer a LS or neutral alternative.

That is logical, though. It's not kind, but then she's not trying to be kind, just practical. The Emperor threatens the entire galaxy. What's the fate of one Jedi compared to the death of all life?

Her willing to kill the enemy will always come off as DS. :p Look at the storylines. Assassin sent to kill you, and the options are DS Kill him or LS let him go on his word to never do it again :p

My hope is Lana can be the Sith Jedi can turn to the LS, as they have no DS character they can turn to the light as a companion. I don't mean true LS Jedi level, just more on the LS than the DS. :p

Why should Warriors have all the fun with Jaesa?

My hope is Lana can be the Sith Jedi can turn to the LS, as they have no DS character they can turn to the light as a companion. I don't mean true LS Jedi level, just more on the LS than the DS. :p

I really hope you are correct on this... bioware pls