The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

what it bothers me is that the game is rated T-teens and not M-mature. If the game would it had been rated M- mature, then the option to flirt among same sex characters will it had been perfectly fine. Bioware needs to respect the psychological aspect of our young, which they're still coping with development stages and finding their place in this world. Nonetheless, It seen to me that Bioware is encouraging homosexuality among minors. I wouldn't want any of my sons to be playing this game until he and she reaches of age.

It really doesn't work that way. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid of organized religion and do some research on how the human brain works when it comes to sexuality.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn't work that way. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid of organized religion and do some research on how the human brain works when it comes to sexuality.

Forum rules say don't bring religion into discussion. Further more religion had nothing to do with the immediate conversation. Have this.

Forum rules say don't bring religion into discussion. Further more religion had nothing to do with the immediate conversation. Have this.

Well, other excuses for bigotry tend to be even worse, so that's almost giving the benefit of the doubt.

Well, other excuses for bigotry tend to be even worse, so that's almost giving the benefit of the doubt.

Good to see that word still gets thrown around willy nilly. I do think it's worth noting that that guy that said this was semi-out of place in a T game (though honestly this game should be M) simply because fundamentalist moms would get upset. And as someone who always tries to look at something impartially, we can bash said moms as bigots and what-have you until we can no longer speak, but if slapping a T on it would lead to a drop in sales caused by same fundamentalist moms who cried about ruining their children, causing fox news to do what they do best, which leads to potentially thousands of teen players living in more sheltered homes to be deprived the opportunity of playing, thus deprived the opportunity of paying, thereby hurting the game, then you put an M on it so they can't complain. I understand where both sides are coming from is all I'm saying. I wouldn't have even responded were it not for the fact that I am ridiculously weary of the word "bigot". A bigot is someone like a rascist. A bigot would advocate eugenics. Someone who says they think your bedroom life is weird is not a bigot. They may be rude, they may be downright hateful, but I wouldn't call them a bigot. I think that whether or not someone should be able to sleep with someone getting more attention in the news than starvation, war, poverty, and disease says a great deal about what the west cares about. Live and let live.

End rant.

Surely it's good that children realise, from an early age, that same-gender relationships are every bit as normal as heterosexual ones?!

No sexual content of course - but if there's romance let's have romance for all (and not hide away the same-sex stuff from kids like it's some dirty secret)!

Edited by BewBo

1. I didn't mention any specific religion.

2. It's generally only religious people that care about such things having to do with others sex lives, and so just because they don't outright mention their religious affiliation, it's therefore pretty obvious they are coming from a place of religious objection.

As for the 'bigot' thing, there isn't one most extreme case definition. One can still be bigoted (and therefore a bigot) without advocating eugenics.

From Merriam-Webster.com

Bigot : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Don't see anything about eugenics there.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Nadia, please stop teasing me by liking courting gifts from a lady consular. :(

Bioware's treatment of this (wait until Makeb to flirt with a guy if you're Imperial or a woman if you're Republic, then wait until Shadows of Revan to meet an Imperial-aligned bi woman and Republic-aligned bi man) remains embarrassing. Even Star Trek Online added a same-sex couple recently, but Bioware remains on the sideline.

Nadia, please stop teasing me by liking courting gifts from a lady consular. :(

Bioware's treatment of this (wait until Makeb to flirt with a guy if you're Imperial or a woman if you're Republic, then wait until Shadows of Revan to meet an Imperial-aligned bi woman and Republic-aligned bi man) remains embarrassing. Even Star Trek Online added a same-sex couple recently, but Bioware remains on the sideline.

What? Truth?

The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.

Can it possibly be... ? Will we finally see SGRAs?

One can only hope ! ! ! !

Considering how every flirt and romance from 2.0 on is bisexual (with Cytharat being the exception as SGR, not bisexual), if the new companions are romanceable it's almost a guarantee that they'll be bisexual romances.

Honestly I feel that TOR's been pretty good about this since literally every flirt and romance (excepting Cytharat) has been bisexual since 2.0. I can't overstate how nice it is to see my male Gunslinger & Sorcerer going after Theron - especially since a good chunk of the Theron romance vids on youtube are from female characters. Representation is a good thing and I'm eager to see more of it with the expansion.

Edited by Sangiban