Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware's Kinsey Scale got stuck at one - we've tried to tell them that other numbers exist, but somehow they go into the minuses. I'm scared for them. If they hit -10 on the Kinsey Scale, they'll be giving us Elder Gods as romance options.

Please, please Bioware. Come back to the positive side of the Kinsey Scale. It's safe up here. I promise. We have fairy cakes and glitter.

Data-mining was also saying a couple months ago that they were adding new class story content, which seems a little unlikely anytime soon. They've been wrong before, it's probably best to just wait and see.

Old pre-layoff data was probably in there, given how long most of the stuff we've gotten this year had been in development. (Treek's voice seems to have been someone in-house at Lucasarts before the layoffs, for some indication.)

It just looked like the only things on the new crew all started with: "Codex Title: Writch Hurley/Codex NodeId: 16140966947752325525/Codex Id: 772851" bits, as opposed to the ID and Appearance numbers.

I guess all the "they're coming in... three marks at 2:10!" battle lines were the recording sessions they made a big deal about a while back.

Edited by Palar

Nope, it's for anyone, even level 1s. You can even have companions from other classes in that (same) faction join you...I think you just need them to be max affection or complete their story or whatever (which still seems kind of silly, story-wise, but oh well). Edited by Lesaberisa

Hopefully they get referred to as something other than 'companions', when BW starts officially talking about them, to avoid the confusion for people. Seeing that word just creates an expectation...

I don't know, Crew or Minions or something.

Still, a companion that doesn't/can't accompany you isn't really a companion. Getting hung up on definitions again...

A companion you don't talk to or see is a piece of wood with a face painted on it, stuck in a random, dark corner of your ship, which lurks in the back of your mind as a "what if" and a "maybe", taunting you at night, driving you to sleepless nights until you finally crack, race through the ship, tear the cargo hold apart searching for that plank to finally, finally!, throw it out into the void.

Peace. Peace at last.

It's not like the game isn't already full of gameplay and story segregation. Although it does seem kind of weird to make the class specific companions available to the whole faction. I don't think any of the other classes could handle Khem Val.

Emperor's Wrath probably could, but no one else would stand a chance. Khem Val would not entertain Jedi.

Well, pffft. That makes sense.

Well, since Bioware seem to be putting a lot of their effort into policing the Arenas now, it's even more unlikely we'll be getting any communication for this thread.

What should our next topic of discussion be? Ice-cream flavours? Marriage rites within the Empire?

A companion you don't talk to or see is a piece of wood with a face painted on it, stuck in a random, dark corner of your ship, which lurks in the back of your mind as a "what if" and a "maybe", taunting you at night, driving you to sleepless nights until you finally crack, race through the ship, tear the cargo hold apart searching for that plank to finally, finally!, throw it out into the void.

Peace. Peace at last.

JC "Who sent you, damn it?! Answer me, or I'll space you right now!"

Iresso: "It's 2 in the morning... what's the problem this time? "

Qyzen: "Scorekeeper is interrogating the new arrival again."

Nadia: "Mr. Plank? But he's such a good listener, and always has a smile..."

Tharan: "Yes, strong moral fibre is ingrained in his character... Holiday, cue laugh track"

Zenith: ".... And you guys wonder why I'm the only one he can stand longer than five minutes...."

They don't read it. That's why.

Ooh, here's a couple

http://tatiletotesamaze.tumblr.com/post/67087070871/the-casting-call-for-episode-vii-star-wars-is - Racebending give a little insight into the reasoning behind "Rachel" being an open audition and "Thomas" not

http://tatiletotesamaze.tumblr.com/post/67073394723/championsandheroes-nice-to-know-that-the-sith - Yoda needs to be more inclusive, OR, lady Jedi are better than you

http://tatiletotesamaze.tumblr.com/post/67050661768/thebigblackwerewolfe-hamburgerjack - this was just funny

http://tatiletotesamaze.tumblr.com/post/66914809248/theres-never-been-a-more-frustrating-time-to-be-a - The Problem with Marvel

http://tatiletotesamaze.tumblr.com/post/66908437457/medievalpoc-medievalpoc-what-is-critical - Another reason why I love MedievalPoC as a blog

I've been busy :/

JC "Who sent you, damn it?! Answer me, or I'll space you right now!"

Iresso: "It's 2 in the morning... what's the problem this time? "

Qyzen: "Scorekeeper is interrogating the new arrival again."

Nadia: "Mr. Plank? But he's such a good listener, and always has a smile..."

Tharan: "Yes, strong moral fibre is ingrained in his character... Holiday, cue laugh track"

Zenith: ".... And you guys wonder why I'm the only one he can stand longer than five minutes...."

From what I understand, Zenith is a hottie and the only worthwhile male companion for Consulars. I am also led to believe that the Nadia romance is creepy as all hell, and a gross display of power abuse.

Edited by Tatile

Oh, she's hot for teacher even after the game has a "A. Shoot down gently. B. Shoot down for now. C. Shoot down for now, gently" conversation; regardless of what you pick, I think she corners you again later. This is while she's coping with a loved one's death, so there's the whole "transference of family" thing as well. (I finished it, just to see where it went. Got zero DS points in the process...)

Tharan thinks he's the comic relief, and has ...something going on with a hologram he programmed,

Qyzen's got his crazy-hunter schtick (and if you do the Nadia romance, he offers to skin a dead Wookiee so you can give her the pelt as a sign of courtship... sadly, that conversation with her isn't shown)

Iresso

turns out to be hearing Sith voices because of an experiment they did on him while he was a POW

Not even getting into the other people who ended up on the ship as well, but Zenith was the only sane one amongst the whole bunch and quickly became my JC's trusted battle-buddy and advisor.

Love the Call of Duty one... that'll make me smile for a few days.

Then from what I've seen, maleConsular takes advantage of Nadia's naivety and they have a little thing - or at least, that's how it came across from the youtube videos. The running commentary from that one guy didn't help much, either.

Some of the answers do, but it can be played out less creepily. (Mine managed to make it to the Corellia intro quest-chain, before going with the options to open up to her.)

I looked at it as "the JC is still technically a Padawan, who got thrown into a crap-ton of strife after learning that Holocron technique to help Yuon Par." Poor guy's in over his head, since Yuon's one of those "well, she can die so she never reappears regardless of your actions" characters, that hinge-point also means no other Jedi finished training him either. He's no expert or authority on how to Jedi, so my headcanon says there wasn't that much power to abuse. (Good old Council, throwing two untrained early 20-somethings together into life-and-death and hoping nothing happens between them... maybe one day that method will work.)

Maybe I'm just wary of all the "(male)teacher/authority figures bones (female)student/lower-level coworker" stories because of general dickitude and the fact that they are so. damn. common. in this game.

Quinn's a possible exception, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a half-joke, half-nod towards his actual allegiances.