if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Macetheace

Well according to this guy anything outside the films is bogus. :rolleyes:

Which I have every right to believe, too many people ruining star wars as it is. Loved the original trilogy, hated the additions. Not exactly keen on the prequels except for episode 3.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cauterization from being bisected is not going to stop internal organs from falling out, even if he was able to grab something
Again your missing the point. Its not about how realistic their survivals are, but what they're revivals bring to the franchise. We can't just revive every Dom, Dick and Harry because we can - there has to be some reasoning behind it.

Again your missing the point. Its not about how realistic their survivals are, but what they're revivals bring to the franchise. We can't just revive every Dom, Dick and Harry because we can - there has to be some reasoning behind it.

Comics certainly can! :p

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

This is one of my biggest objections to the EU, nothing is original. Create a new character for crying out loud! This reviving clearly dead movie characters needs to stop. What next? Chewbacca?

I can kind of understand Fett, he was supposed to be a tough guy who got a sucky death. But cloning the emperor? No thanks, just do something new that fits into the star wars universe.

This is one of my biggest objections to the EU, nothing is original. Create a new character for crying out loud! This reviving clearly dead movie characters needs to stop. What next? Chewbacca?

I can kind of understand Fett, he was supposed to be a tough guy who got a sucky death. But cloning the emperor? No thanks, just do something new that fits into the star wars universe.

I would take a guess as its the same with comics, making new characters can never really go well because people wanna always see the original characters. This is probably why(along with fans) Boba came back and Maul did too. Its why no one in the comic world ever stays dead, Superman will always be Kal-El, Batman will always be Bruce Wayne etc etc

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Some EU characters were well done, Thrawn trilogy had so many great ones, X-wing series had some good ones too. So it can be done. Its a shame that some stuff such as "where was Thrawn all this time?, really?" it was an inconsistency I couldnt get over.

Anyway I digress, as far as the films show us, Maul was handy with a double sabre and knew a little telekenesis. That was it, a minor character that was another pawn of palpatine, now just dead. Let him be.

Same with Windu, don't bring him back either

Anyway I digress, as far as the films show us, Maul was handy with a double sabre and knew a little telekenesis. That was it, a minor character that was another pawn of palpatine, now just dead. Let him be.

Two words, Savage Oppress. And have you seen TCW? Watch those episodes and tell me Maul is a sucky character and Sidious lackey. Watch them!

Really, no one can complain that Maul is nothing short of awesome.

Edited by Beniboybling

Some EU characters were well done, Thrawn trilogy had so many great ones, X-wing series had some good ones too. So it can be done. Its a shame that some stuff such as "where was Thrawn all this time?, really?" it was an inconsistency I couldnt get over.

Same with Windu, don't bring him back either

For Thrawn, read this.

While Maul could have remained dead, he has added much to the show. Mace on the other hand would not add anything to the EU, and it would bring up several questions.

Edited by Aurbere

Nope he can't if he was alive, then he'd have been involved in the rebellion in some form or another. He'd have contacted Kenobi or Yoda, and even if he turned Dark Side, there'd have been use for him in Palpatine's Empire, so surely he'd have been involved in the incessant purge of the Jedi.

It's very unlikely that he'd just remain a hermit on Coruscant and not contact anybody at all. Anyway, that's besides the point. It opens up a hole can of worms as then everyone would say maybe Darth Sidious didn't die when Vader dropped him down that shaft. Or, maybe Boba Fett survived, too.

At first I thought the Maul revival brought up unnecessary problems, but I actually think he's a great villain in the TCW and sparked it back to life. I believe people in the SW universe and other fantasy worlds should remain dead, or not die in the first place.

Let me first say that I like Mace just as much as I like Maul. I don't think anyone can't help but find Samuel Jackson epically cool. However I still believe Maul's surival is alot more plausible.

Firstly Windu fell several thousand feet, if not more. It easily could have been miles. Coruscant is a massively tall city, some of the skyscrapers are higher than the clouds. Maul fell a few hundred, then stopped his fall by grabbing onto an air vent and climbing in. Just like Luke did in ROTJ.

Secondly, dismemberment does not kill in Star Wars. It was not Windu's dismemberment that cause his death. It was Sidious' force lightning.

Thirdly, 'force push lightning' doesn't exist, you just made that up on the spot. Sidious charged him with super powered lightning that was clearly causing some serious damage to Windu. He was was standing their shaking like a crazy dude, with his bones illuminated, for 15 seconds before the sheer power of the lightning rocket him out of the window. Lightning his lightning, there is no such thing as 'force push lightning' that only pushes and doesn't kill/harm. That's called force push. You may wish to watch the scene again. Oh yeah, Windu wasn't feeling that lightning at all.

Fourthly, as Wolf points out - Windu was dead or at least unconscious as he fell. Maul however, was evidently alive and conscious when he was falling. Watch the scene

, dead/unconscious people don't scream. Lets also remember that people don't tend to die instantly if chopped in half, all your vital organs are in the upper half of your body, you die of blood loss. Maul didn't die of blood loss because the blade cauterized the wound. People tend to die instantly from electric shocks, or in this case, electric explosions which cause brain damage, blindness, severe burns and calcification.

If you still disagree, please but forward a plausible theory for Windu's survival after being subject to the full power of the most powerful Sith Lord whoever lived, rocketed out of a Windu, and then plunged several thousand feet to the depths of god knows where. And don't say he grabbed onto a speeder. He was clearly unconscious if not dead.

EDIT: Finally there is no place or reason for him to come back in the future. He was silent throughout the course of the Galactic Civil War and beyond that.

The blu ray version doesn't have Maul screaming. And that is the definitive version until Disney decides to change it. So Maul coming back alive was utter melarkey, and if Maul could do it Windu can.

Also, Palpatine uses force lightning on Luke far longer than he does on Windu, and if Luke (who isn't as strong as Windu in the force at that time) wasn't knocked unconscious or killed by it, neither was Windu when he flew out of the window. Windu could have grabbed onto a speeder as he flew out since he still had one hand.

Edited by Smashbrother

Also, Palpatine uses force lightning on Luke far longer than he does on Windu, and if Luke (who isn't as strong as Windu in the force at that time) wasn't knocked unconscious or killed by it, neither was Windu when he flew out of the window. Windu could have grabbed onto a speeder as he flew out since he still had one hand.

Palpatine was torturing Luke. He unleashed his Force Lightning on Mace intent on killing him with it. Big difference.

I definitly think both should be dead....

However, Maul, fell in a very similar way Luke did when his had was cut off from Vader in Ep. V... Still, Maul was cut in 2 halves, so how did he have his upper and lower half put back together. Even if he used his hands to grab onto something, what about his legs, did they somehow stay attached?

Just leave them dead and move on....

I definitly think both should be dead....

However, Maul, fell in a very similar way Luke did when his had was cut off from Vader in Ep. V... Still, Maul was cut in 2 halves, so how did he have his upper and lower half put back together. Even if he used his hands to grab onto something, what about his legs, did they somehow stay attached?

Just leave them dead and move on....

He lost his legs, got replaced with cybernetic ones.

From the arguments I've seen so far, it is absolutely possible for Mace to still be alive.

He got his hand chopped off but wasn't killed. Same thing with Luke. He was blasted out of the window with Force Lightening but with no indication of where he landed. Like Mas Amedda said, "If there is no body, he is still alive. Keep searching!" I may have gotten the quote wrong but it's along those lines.

When Luke fell through the chute he survived. Maul survived. No reason Mace couldn't survive as well.

I for one would love to see Mace return or if not return show him as a Jedi in hiding and someone new Jedi could seek wisdom from if he hasn't fallen to the dark side.

From the arguments I've seen so far, it is absolutely possible for Mace to still be alive.

He got his hand chopped off but wasn't killed. Same thing with Luke. He was blasted out of the window with Force Lightening but with no indication of where he landed. Like Mas Amedda said, "If there is no body, he is still alive. Keep searching!" I may have gotten the quote wrong but it's along those lines.

When Luke fell through the chute he survived. Maul survived. No reason Mace couldn't survive as well.

I for one would love to see Mace return or if not return show him as a Jedi in hiding and someone new Jedi could seek wisdom from if he hasn't fallen to the dark side.

He is dead..

Defenseless, Windu was bombarded with Sith lightning as Sidious unleashed a torrent of deadly energy at the Jedi Master. The forked bolts of lightning penetrated Mace's body, illuminating his form from within. The final blast bodily lifted him into the air, sending his form hurling into the Coruscant skies, to crash lifelessly somewhere in the vast cityscape below.

I don't see how it can get any clearer then that.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He is dead..

I don't see how it can get any clearer then that.

The SITH LORD smiles as he goes in for the kill. At the last moment, OBI-WAN jumps up out of the pit, calls QUI-GON's lightsaber to hi, throwing DARTH MAUL off. The young JEDI swings with a vengeance, cutting the SITH down. DARTH MAUL falls into the melting pit to his death. OBI-WAN rushes over to QUI-GON, who is dying.

That's from the script. So again, if Maul can come back from that then I don't see why Mace Windu can't. And the above is pretty clear.

Darth Maul survived a fall into a pit after having his body severed into at the waist. NO ONE would be able to survive that, even drawing on the force. The argument can be made for the same with Mace Windu as well. And yet we see Darth Maul is back.

That's from the script. So again, if Maul can come back from that then I don't see why Mace Windu can't. And the above is pretty clear.

Darth Maul survived a fall into a pit after having his body severed into at the waist. NO ONE would be able to survive that, even drawing on the force. The argument can be made for the same with Mace Windu as well. And yet we see Darth Maul is back.

The argument for Mace's survival cannot be made. Unlike Maul, who was not yet dead as he fell, Window was dead before he was thrown out the window. Do you see the differance? Maul was seen falling TO his death where Window (yes, pun intended) was dead before he fell. Nobody actually saw Maul die. Yoda, however, felt Mace's death. If I remember the RotS novel correctly. Yoda felt Mace die, as well as so many other Jedi.

Mace Window is dead and that cannot be disputed. Maul should be dead. Oh well, he'll just die a second time and that will be permanent.

ooooooooooo i want ago,

so windu died before he was pushed from window, that is a crock what killed him ?.. his hands being chopped off or the sock of skywalker turning.

im a fan of darth maul but being choipped in half then falling for god knows how long .. plus what did he land on his hand`s...

windu lost both hands and looked very much alive to me so i cant see why he anit alive, here`s how... he fell a long long way down but in clone wars skywalker jumps from a taxi a long way down and if am right jedi can use the force to softly hit the ground ... yoda felt his death ?, maybe but what yoda felt was all the jedi masters dying at nearly the same time if not few minutes inbetween ... so you ask if windu can survive i believe he did, just cause one guy said he died dont mean he is dead, new writers = new ideas.. do i think windu should come back HELL yes....

ooooooooooo i want ago,

so windu died before he was pushed from window, that is a crock what killed him ?.. his hands being chopped off or the sock of skywalker turning.

im a fan of darth maul but being choipped in half then falling for god knows how long .. plus what did he land on his hand`s...

windu lost both hands and looked very much alive to me so i cant see why he anit alive, here`s how... he fell a long long way down but in clone wars skywalker jumps from a taxi a long way down and if am right jedi can use the force to softly hit the ground ... yoda felt his death ?, maybe but what yoda felt was all the jedi masters dying at nearly the same time if not few minutes inbetween ... so you ask if windu can survive i believe he did, just cause one guy said he died dont mean he is dead, new writers = new ideas.. do i think windu should come back HELL yes....

Windu got one hand cut off his saber hand, he died from the lighting, and people really need to stop bringing up what Anakin did in EP 2. He was actually foused and used The Force to know where Zam's speeder was going to be at that exact moment, that is why he went into the free fall he wouldn't have done so otherwise.

The argument for Mace's survival cannot be made. Unlike Maul, who was not yet dead as he fell, Window was dead before he was thrown out the window. Do you see the differance? Maul was seen falling TO his death where Window (yes, pun intended) was dead before he fell. Nobody actually saw Maul die. Yoda, however, felt Mace's death. If I remember the RotS novel correctly. Yoda felt Mace die, as well as so many other Jedi.

Mace Window is dead and that cannot be disputed. Maul should be dead. Oh well, he'll just die a second time and that will be permanent.

If I recall correctly, Windu was still screaming as he was flung from the window...in fact screaming as he fell...he was NOT dead.

Fact is, they retconned it so that Maul lived after being chopped in half and falling down a pit, a feat no one can accomplish. I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. But if you're going to do stupid stuff like that (like also bringing back Eeth Koth who was supposedly killed during the start of the Clone Wars) then I see nothing wrong with them bring back Windu who again, we did not see die and was screaming as he fell to his supposed demise. Hell, they even brought back K'kruhk despite showing him as being dead and listing him as one of the casualties of General Grievous. (Not another argument I'm willing to even start since I think K'kruhk is an awesome character)

Point is, they bring certain people back because it's what the fans want. Face it, the fans wanted more Maul so Filoni gave us more Maul. I'm fine with that. I even enjoyed the comic where it shows Maul attacking Obi-Wan on Tatooine which I'm sure will be retconned again considering Maul and Savage seem to be heading toward their demise. Well, people want Mace Windu. YOU may not want more Windu. You may not even have wanted Maul but there were people who did. No reason they cannot bring back the Tet-ami in the future. Heck, I just gave them away to bring him back right there lol.

Palpatine was torturing Luke. He unleashed his Force Lightning on Mace intent on killing him with it. Big difference.

No he wasn't. Right before Palpatine starts using FL on Luke he says if you won't join us be destroyed and FLs Luke a ******** of times. And before Vader throws Palpatine into the pit, he says now you will die, and gets a good 6-10 sec straight of FL.

You don't tell someone you're going to torture that you're going to destroy and kill them. You tell them they are going to suffer.

If Luke can maintain consciousness/not die from all those FLs, then so can Windu.