Disappointed With The Romance Options

HungryMurloc

Bounty hunter is my guess too. Mako really does kinda give a "kid sister tagalong who you have to look out for" vibe.

EDIT: Whoops, totally did not mean for that spoiler to sneak through. My bad.

Edited by Bytemite

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another sad note, I just hit one of those aggravating conversations where it's:

1) Say something your character wouldn't say, and also get -3 reaction.

2) Say something your character wouldn't say, and also get -3 reaction.

3) [Flirt]

So my character can't express interest in what's being said without being all ****ty about it?

Of the two characters I've played through to 50, one seemed to have a natural progression for a romance with a companion who didn't seem phased by all the potential chaos and complications, and one had only the option that felt like they'd be sleeping with their younger sibling.

The latter, despite not being played as a homosexual character, would have been a more natural fit with one of the NPCs of the same gender, who seemed more of an equal and had been there from the beginning as a partner instead of a student/employee/protege.

(I'm being a bit vague to see who can recognize the class/companion in question in each instance.)

Torian came over as a a boy to me, but he was sure in his identity as a Mandalorian and seemed unphased by the chaos, so I don't think he's the latter one you are describing. He was the most boring romance I played so far. You could mean Mako, but I suspect you're talking about Ashara Zavros, and the same-gender character who came across as an equal was Andronikos Revel.

Edited by quickthorn

(In case it's needed, spoilers on the way.)

First character was an SI(sorc), female. Andronikos just seemed like a very natural progression. And yes, had the character been male, the comment about Ashara vs Andronikos would have been spot on.

Second character was a BH(merc), also female. In a reversal of what others think, it was Mako who seemed like more of a fit than Torian. Mako never acted like a kid sister, at least as it seemed to me; she starts out as your business partner and the fellow survivor of a personal tragedy. When you first meet Torian, on the other hand, it's as this kid in the jungle who seems utterly starstruck after you succeed in your hunt, and almost gets himself killed in the course of the intro mission chain (and really, I could have blasted my way past those rakghouls, his idea stunk).

(I started several characters at once when I first started the game, both genders, and those two happened to draw me in first.)

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I would have rather had Scourge and Zenith than Doc and Iresso.

Why Zenith? I don't get the appeal that guy seems to have on so many gamers. I'm not looking to start a flaming argument here just looking for a genuine reason. For me Zenith is a selfish, brutal and most of all cold-hearted killer. He doesn't want your opinion on anything - his path is laid bare before him and any suggestions you make end up in his aggresion.

Why him over a funny, normal guy that you know you can count on? :confused:

And please - no "I know he would change for me!" stuff, bad boys stay bad no matter what.

Edited by Asheris

Why Zenith? I don't get the appeal that guy seems to have on so many gamers. I'm not looking to start a flaming argument here just looking for a genuine reason. For me Zenith is a selfish, brutal and most of all cold-hearted killer. He doesn't want your opinion on anything - his path is laid bare before him and any suggestions you make end up in his aggresion.

And please - no "I know he would change for me!" stuff, bad boys stay bad no matter what.

I personally wouldn't change from Iresso to Zenith, but my ds female sage would not mind too much if Holiday had a little...accident and she would have to comfort Tharan. :D

I personally wouldn't change from Iresso to Zenith, but my ds female sage would not mind too much if Holiday had a little...accident and she would have to comfort Tharan. :D

Ha! Yes, that is a far more suitable option but alas a bit... holosexual ;)

I've never seen ANY companion thus far be happy with taking suggestions or criticism so I'm not sure how that sets Zenith up any differently. As for why, he just 'fits' with my darksider. Every choice she made lined up perfectly with what made him happy. He doesn't mind if I hurt people so long as it gets the job done. Kind of lines up with the Empire's ideals and methods, but that's how I played my JC. :)

He does like it when you stand up for fellow soldiers, so he's not JUST a cold-hearted killer, he just knows what he wants in life and protects his own. His closing speech was pretty heartwarming. I'd count on him to stop a blaster bolt for me, so not sure where you think he's not dependable or I can't count on him. :p

Irreso just seemed kinda boring to me.

Hi, my rant:

Jeeze, I just started on my Smuggler because people said the romance was fun and I cannot WAIT to throw Corso out of the nearest airlock.

I started on the path to romance because, surprise! there's no other option. He whines about, "Hey have you thought of a way to make us rich yet?" but whenever I ask for money from a job, he gets upset. I just did a mission to smuggle medicine to the lower level and Corso threw a fit when he found out it was spice. If I didn't destroy it, he'd get -45 or something crazy like that. In the words of my character, "Did you think you were smuggling cough syrup down here, Corso?"

The sheer nativity and ignorance this companion displays infuriates me, not to mention his "I need to help people because honor!" attitude. Nevermind the glaring fact that I'm a gorram smuggler and every fiber of my being is dedicated to making credits and misplaced honor does not refuel my ship.

Next to my DS JK and his droid, I've not found and NPC that was more counter productive to my character's ideals.

Edited by -Firestar-

Hi, my rant:

Jeeze, I just started on my Smuggler because people said the romance was fun and I cannot WAIT to throw Corso out of the nearest airlock.

I started on the path to romance because, surprise! there's no other option. He whines about, "Hey have you thought of a way to make us rich yet?" but whenever I ask for money from a job, he gets upset. I just did a mission to smuggle medicine to the lower level and Corso threw a fit when he found out it was spice. If I didn't destroy it, he'd get -45 or something crazy like that. In the words of my character, "Did you think you were smuggling cough syrup down here, Corso?"

The sheer nativity and ignorance this companion displays infuriates me, not to mention his "I need to help people because honor!" attitude. Nevermind the glaring fact that I'm a gorram smuggler and every fiber of my being is dedicated to making credits and honor does not refuel my ship. Next to my DS JK and his droid, I've not found and NPC that was more counter productive to my character's ideals.

Agreed on Corso! Maybe that's why I team with Risha all the time. She's usually okay with most of my choices.

Hmm... that's been my take off the little I have seen of Zenith from my husbands JC as well. Much prefer Iresso, but then I just like to romance the well, funny normal guys. Really looking forward to the romance-arc with Iresso and my JC later on =)

Oh well, different people like different things as always.

edit: After a good night sleep and thinking some more on it. It would be great if there were more different options when it comes to romance. Just like male sith warrior can choose between Vette and DS-Jaesa it would perhaps have been fun if fem jedi knight could choose between Lord Scrourge and Doc. I really enjoyed the romance with Doc and look forward to seeing it on an alt one day. But hey, it is great if more people could find a romance that they liked in the game. And for the JC, so far I have liked Iresso so much more than Zenith, but it would be nice if there was a possibility for those who liked him. We will see what happens the day when they continue the story with our companions. That is my one complaint against Makeb, enjoyed playing through it on my smuggler but I really missed not being able to talk to my comps.

Have fun on the forum everyone.

Edited by SilentKitty

I loathe the Corso romance. I have never hated a love interest as much as I hated him. That was the romance that made it clearest to me that they really, really needed a DUMP HIM, FOR REALLY REAL option. Although I guess I took a kind of pleasure rejecting him as nastily as possible every time he brought up love or marriage or kids.

The romances I've enjoyed the most have been Doc (I love characters like Doc, even though I would not like him in real life) and Risha. None of the ones I've done have been something I wished I hadn't bothered with, though, so I'm mostly easy to please. Except for you, Corso, die in a fire you white knighting bumpkin.

EDIT: Oh, the Ashara romance, that one is apparently 100% 'wat' if you're a dark side sorcerer, according to my husband. As LS it was fine, but I had wondered if it was different if you're DS. Apparently it is not, and that ... is pretty what the hell, this makes no sense, I think.

Edited by Birna

I've yet to play a smuggler myself, but from what I've seen in several videos I don't like Corso. I don't mind companions being a little jealous, but he seemed way too jealous.

I really wish we could romance Scourge. I've yet to play any Republic character and I like the Doc romance from what I've seen, but I'd rather romance Scourge (or both as I intend to play several knights anyway).

• 2 weeks later...
I've yet to play a smuggler myself, but from what I've seen in several videos I don't like Corso. I don't mind companions being a little jealous, but he seemed way too jealous.

I really wish we could romance Scourge. I've yet to play any Republic character and I like the Doc romance from what I've seen, but I'd rather romance Scourge (or both as I intend to play several knights anyway).

They really did seem to leave some of the potential romances out.

What I really think should have happened, instead of all the companions being class-specific, was to have some companions attached to other things. For example, imagine being able to pick up Talos Drellik because you had Archaeology or Treasure Hunting, instead of him being specific to the Sith Inq.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I loathe the Corso romance. I have never hated a love interest as much as I hated him. That was the romance that made it clearest to me that they really, really needed a DUMP HIM, FOR REALLY REAL option. Although I guess I took a kind of pleasure rejecting him as nastily as possible every time he brought up love or marriage or kids.

The romances I've enjoyed the most have been Doc (I love characters like Doc, even though I would not like him in real life) and Risha. None of the ones I've done have been something I wished I hadn't bothered with, though, so I'm mostly easy to please. Except for you, Corso, die in a fire you white knighting bumpkin.

EDIT: Oh, the Ashara romance, that one is apparently 100% 'wat' if you're a dark side sorcerer, according to my husband. As LS it was fine, but I had wondered if it was different if you're DS. Apparently it is not, and that ... is pretty what the hell, this makes no sense, I think.

There are times in game chat where I see someone praising Corso, and then I have to explain that I when I say "white knighting," I don't mean what they think I mean.

On the other hand, good for them, I suppose liking Corso means never having been burned by that attitude before.

I played fem!Smuggler first, and as soon as I found out that Corso was the romance option, I very quickly researched exactly when I could shut the romance down before it could start. And even then Corso hovering around on my bridge finally made me lose interest in that character sometime in the mid-twenties.

Edited by Bytemite

There are times in game chat where I see someone praising Corso, and then I have to explain that I when I say "white knighting," I don't mean what they think I mean.

On the other hand, good for them, I suppose liking Corso means never having been burned by that attitude before.

I played fem!Smuggler first, and as soon as I found out that Corso was the romance option, I very quickly researched exactly when I could shut the romance down before it could start. And even then Corso hovering around on my bridge finally made me lose interest in that character sometime in the mid-twenties.

But you spend so little time on the bridge and FemSmuggler is so much fun :) But I do agree, he's terrible to romance.